[Progress: 100%] Porting a music player with Xperia S

Search This thread

Theonewithideas

Oct 21, 2011
Sent from my ST15i using xda premium

Do you know the way to rrun this app in emulator, that would speed up my experiments a lot because I won't have to send it phone, then replace system apps etc.?

przemo5020

May 11, 2011
Ostrowiec
We should:
A) The vertical position:
- Reduce the size of the album
- Raise above the progress bar
- Reduce the font size: song name, artist name

B) in a horizontal position:
- To improve the position of the track name, artist name.
- Reduce labels: songs, albums, artist, etc. in the "my music"

Theonewithideas

Oct 21, 2011
We should:
B) in a horizontal position:
- To improve the position of the track name, artist name.

Okay, I guess this one should be easy, since it's just text resizing/moving.

We should:
- Reduce labels: songs, albums, artist, etc. in the "my music"

That one is kinda harder, looked at the code, but since they are not static (can be moved, info on the labels change), the code is little more complicated.

Anyway, I'll be posting another apk, that has fixed tabs in horizontal mode (I didn't count the statusbar when I edited the code).

Download link (from Dropbox) should stay the same.

Last edited:

expeacer

Jun 19, 2010
Okány
Hy guys!
Some weeks ago I decomplied the SemcMusic.apk with APKTool 1.4.3, resized all images, recalculated all XMLs (only values which in px), but i can't recomplie the files. I resized a lot of applications, i know how it works but it's something different. After recomplie, and push, my phone write an package error. If I simply recomplie (decomplie and build), i got this problem too... So this is APKTool error.
Which program do you used to decomplie and build apk?
Thanks a lot!

Theonewithideas

Oct 21, 2011
Hy guys!
Some weeks ago I decomplied the SemcMusic.apk with APKTool 1.4.3, resized all images, recalculated all XMLs (only values which in px), but i can't recomplie the files. I resized a lot of applications, i know how it works but it's something different. After recomplie, and push, my phone write an package error. If I simply recomplie (decomplie and build), i got this problem too... So this is APKTool error.
Which program do you used to decomplie and build apk?
Thanks a lot!

To make a working package, just replace the the modified files in the original apk. For example:

Decompile with ApkTool. Edit the tabs.xml (for example). After editing, build (recompile) the application. Open the application (rename it to zip and open it as a ordinary archive), find tabs.xml and replace the one in the original apk with that one.

expeacer

Jun 19, 2010
Okány
I know, i said, not my first resized APK...
Which version of APKTool you using? Can you send it for me with the aapt?
Thanks a lot!

Edit: BTW, in this way, you can't edit xmls in values folders.

Theonewithideas

Oct 21, 2011
I know, i said, not my first resized APK...
Which version of APKTool you using? Can you send it for me with the aapt?
Thanks a lot!

Edit: BTW, in this way, you can't edit xmls in values folders.

Version is same as yours.

Yes, I know the values folder can't be changed, so I change the values directly.

Check everything, it might be some type error or some small mistake like that...

Anyway, in horizontal view, should we keep mp3 tag info on the right side, or should we move it to bottom, and move cover arts on the top?

Last edited:

Theonewithideas

Oct 21, 2011
If I don't edit anything, only d and b, the error is same...

What file do you put into the phone? Original apk with modified files or freshly built apk?

Anyway, should I make landscape text look as good as possible on HVGA, or should I make it as close as possible to original Xperia S look?

Last edited:

expeacer

Jun 19, 2010
Okány
Original APK with modified files. I tried the freshly built apk too after sign with SignAPK and the same error...

I think, in horizontal view, keep the right side the mp3 info, don't move it. And try to make it as close as possible to original Xperia S look.

Theonewithideas

Oct 21, 2011
Does somebody know where/what com.sonyericsson.music.albumflick.AlbumFlickView is?

We need to edit this in order to have cover art to show correctly, but I can't find it. I mean, I don't even know where to look...

expeacer

Jun 19, 2010
Okány
I found some values in values-hdpi/dimens.xml to album-art. You can resize it in. I don't know why you need the AlbumFlickView.

BTW I forget to say something: My problem is in resources.arsc. If I d&b the size will be different. So this is APKTool related error.

Theonewithideas

Oct 21, 2011
I found some values in values-hdpi/dimens.xml to album-art. You can resize it in. I don't know why you need the AlbumFlickView.

BTW I forget to say something: My problem is in resources.arsc. If I d&b the size will be different. So this is APKTool related error.

As you said, you can't edit files in values folder, so we should replace it directly where it's used with the value we'd put.

I have no idea what is resources.arsc :eek:

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

FIX: Fixed the progress bar and player controls, now I just have to manage the icons to be like the ones on Xperia S:

screenshot_2012-03-25_1250.png

Download link:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11576727/SemcMusic/SemcMusic.apk

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    scaled.php
    scaled.php
    scaled.php
    scaled.php

Thanks to:
    -Theonewithideas
    -pallavikv
    -Lasan
    -Panagos90

DOWNLOAD XPERIA-S Music Port PROGRESS 100%
    Lasan, if you're really resized whole cover art group :eek: , please share the apk, I'll try to fix the other layout!

yea .... will be released if it is done in test

Untitled-1-6.png
    Work in progress, I'm fixing the .9.png's (resizing them so that it doesn't have to do anything by itself), but It's a lot of work:

screenshot_2012-04-11_2142.png

(there isn't text because I need to edit fill area, but it's WIP)

Ugh... I edited all the tabs manually. Here's the result:

screenshot_2012-04-12_0911.png
    screenshot_2012-04-12_0911_1.png

Notice that horizontal tabs are not overlapping anymore, but now there's white line...

pallavikv or przemo5020, could you check what's wrong with this (you don't have to fix it, I'll do, but I don't know what's wrong).

Also, since now all is fixed, we don't have any errors with compiling as before.

Link, as usual, wait about 5 mins after this posts is posted to download: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11576727/SemcMusic/SemcMusic.apk

Little fix on landscape display of mp3 tags (the link is above) :

screenshot_2012-04-12_1741_1.png
    Ok, i tried to fix the icons in the "My Music" tab.
    Now someone needs to fix the resolution(make icons smaller) and the layout of these images so they could fit the screen.
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/51807946/SemcMusic.apk
    Hope I helped a little bit :p

As you said, you can't edit files in values folder, so we should replace it directly where it's used with the value we'd put.

I have no idea what is resources.arsc :eek:

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

FIX: Fixed the progress bar and player controls, now I just have to manage the icons to be like the ones on Xperia S:

screenshot_2012-03-25_1250.png

Download link:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11576727/SemcMusic/SemcMusic.apk