Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,214 Members 43,536 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Volume keeps turning itself up

Tip us?

Socialite666
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Volume keeps turning itself up

When ever I have the phone on the volume will keep turning up stopping me from doing anything on the phone. I tried restarting it and it has been fine for about 4 months and not covered by warranty since bought from someone has anyone else seen this problem.
If so how could I sort it out. It has had a custom rom and hspl from when I bought it meaning it was fine when he had it as well but now the phone just won't stop turning the volume up.
Thanks if you can help!

flr
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I wouldn't know, but it sounds to me your 'volume-up' button 'hangs'.

Socialite666
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by flr View Post
I wouldn't know, but it sounds to me your 'volume-up' button 'hangs'.
This is the weird thing the rock switch is fine. Guess may just have to take it in for repair or sell it and get the HD7
Loved this phone

zewill
Old
Thanks Meter 1
"My stuff doesnt work, ah well too bad i'll just send it on ebay"

I hope ur being 100% transparent and warning potential buyers...

I much prefer the old style of presentation of the HD2 than HD7, plus i love physical buttons So will never switch my HD2 for HD7, even if it was possible to do so for free

cliffordlee
Old
Thanks Meter 4
The volume buttons may be misaligned/shorted by some conductive residue. If you're up to it, open us your phone and peel out the white portion above the volume buttons, cleaning the contacts with alcohol and realigning the metal buttons if necessary. Just be careful not to over-bend the flexible ribbon cable that attaches the volume buttons to the mainboard. This should solve your problem.

Socialite666
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by zewill View Post
"My stuff doesnt work, ah well too bad i'll just send it on ebay"

I hope ur being 100% transparent and warning potential buyers...

I much prefer the old style of presentation of the HD2 than HD7, plus i love physical buttons So will never switch my HD2 for HD7, even if it was possible to do so for free
I was gutted with it when it broke but I am sending it to one of them useless recycle places through o2.
I hate the capacative buttons and HD2 for me was awesome but I just can not be bothered it opening it or getting it repaired. I mean everything else is in great condition just I think some water or something got between the rocker.
Damn snow

henryworks
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy same problem with the volumn keep turning up

i'm having the same problem like yours. also i have the HD2 for a couple years . it' just starts to act up now. it's very frustrating. did anyone fix this problem?