XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][24-Oct] Dynamics 2.4 - ROMs and kitchen [WWE/RUS/GER]

Tip us?

kanishkapd
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by kluong6 View Post
I was wondering if there was a way or quick way to set up our phone to turn off the screen when we have bluetooth paired and is talking to someone. This would save some battery life. Right now, the screen would remain on for at least 10secs and then take at least 1min to screen off but when the bluetooth is on, it doesn't screen off at all. Anyhow, I often call and would like the phone to remain on but have the screen to turn off right away to save battery life. Does anybody have suggestions on how to do so?
i dont know if there is any easier way but i know this works

install the xda shutdown. once you are connected to a call use xda shutdown to put phone into sleep mode. didnt try with bluetooth on though.

i m sure there should be an easier way. hope someone would come up with one.
t mobile leo
CR192 desire hd rom

Z80-Man
Old
(Last edited by Z80-Man; 24th March 2012 at 02:18 AM.)
Thanks Meter 121
You'll find all the necessary settings to tweak the duration of screen backlighting in the "Backlight" applet from either MS or HTC settings. It's ssometimes common with the "Battery" settings on some ROMs.

If you really can't find it, then I'll post the related registry keys.

Now, about the phone waking up during a Bluetooth relayed phone call, there are some registry keys to check and experiment, probably based on the light sensor :

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\BackLight]
"AutoDeviceLockEnable"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\BackLight\LockLevel]
"LockLevel"

You may check them and try to set them to 1, and see what's happening when the phone is in your pocket or belt pouch upon recieving a phone call with a Bluetooth handsfree kit.

This key, when set to 1, also triggers a screenlock during/after a phone call :

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Phone]
"Sleep"

I personnaly set it to 0, as I was bored the phone locked after each phone call, even if it wasn't before, thus forcing to unlock between each call, when I had to call sveral people, or redial after an error.

To force autolock when the phone goes to sleep mode, thus avoiding any accidental call, the only necessary key is this one :

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Keybd]
"DeviceLockWhenSuspend"=dword:00000001

You shouldn't need anything else, but the other ones (especially the first two ones in the lighting management area) could be worh a try for your needs.
HTC HD/HD2 with 64 GB SD XC - Energy WM6.5.3 build 29022 French / Sense 2.5 build 2019 / CHT 2.0 - GTX clock - Radio ROM 1.17.25.09/2.12.50.02_2
How-to : FingerKeyboard management and XT9 patch
Wiki : Energy ROMs Wiki
Energy ROMs add-ons & fixes CABs : General mods and fixes *** HD FRA fixes *** HD2 FRA fixes
Non flipping digital clocks for Sense/CHT 1.7/1.8/2.0 : CHT2.0 version ready !

kluong6
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Thanks guys, will give it a try and see how it goes.

kluong6
Old
Thanks Meter 6
thanks kanishkapd, did you have a version or cab that seemed to work the best for the xda shutdown.

z80-man, i looked at our current rom and the registry was already tweaked to the settings already. thanks though.

kanishkapd
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
thanks kanishkapd, did you have a version or cab that seemed to work the best for the xda shutdown.

z80-man, i looked at our current rom and the registry was already tweaked to the settings already. thanks though.

hi
here is the version i m using. hope this helps.
Attached Files
File Type: cab xdaShutdown 1.01 - WVGA.cab - [Click for QR Code] (429.8 KB, 12 views)
t mobile leo
CR192 desire hd rom

kluong6
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Thanks alot for the XDA shutdown, kanishkapd , this is such a sweet ROM. Ultrashot should continue with this wm6.5/7/8 combo. It combines the best of all. How is the ROM working out? Any major issues besides the work around for the Wifi Standby after a reset?

kanishkapd
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Thanks alot for the XDA shutdown, kanishkapd , this is such a sweet ROM. Ultrashot should continue with this wm6.5/7/8 combo. It combines the best of all. How is the ROM working out? Any major issues besides the work around for the Wifi Standby after a reset?
hi,
you are welcome. and i too second that ultrashot should continue his good work on this rom.
i have noted sometimes when using the stopwatch, phone would get stuck. not always though which i attributed to cht lockscreen i was using. didnt have time to check again after disabling cht lockscreen.

otherwise this is the best rom i have used so far,. in speed, looks and other small nice additions. i have tried almost all popular hd2 roms, except artemis which is not compatible with tmous. and so far this is the best. with due respect to cracing's and hd2O's roms, which i found really nice too
t mobile leo
CR192 desire hd rom

kluong6
Old
(Last edited by kluong6; 4th April 2012 at 03:31 PM.)
Thanks Meter 6
Yes, ultrashot has the ability to change start menu layout that changes the way the rom looks instantly. Also, that finger friendly scroll is what I've been looking for in all of the roms and he created it. It gives me the ability to scroll through some of my software that the all other roms weren't able to. Before this rom, I had to install aeb plus to change the volume buttons to scroll up & down. That wasted two of my hard keys and the ability to quickly change my volume. It also has the quick abiliity in the upper right corner to change the backlight settings. So, it's such a marvelous rom that only needs a couple of upgrades into the stock. That being a version with voice command and a setting to have the wifi-standby when phone is off to set to off. I know that many wanted this setting on when the phone was off in the first place. However, I'm not sure what's overriding it. If half the developers were to ever return to this wm6.5 then I bet somebody would have figured it out by tomorrow. I think ultrashot is too busy with all the rom versions and new development that he's working on for wm7.5/8. Also, car kit mode is missing. I'm not sure if that turns off the phone when the phone is on bluetooth mode. Have you added any car kit mode or have looked into this? Further, adding just the dinik's phone dialer theme adds unbelievable color to the rom. Have you tried it. Here's the cab if you haven't.
Anyhow, I haven't tried the HD20 rom yet. How is it different and does it have the ability to do the friendly finger scroll and start menu layout change? I think artemis/dutty are also two very eloquent roms minus the features I just mentioned. Energy roms are very sweet too, except it hangs every now and then because it's so packed that's probably the reason for the stall every now and then.
Attached Files
File Type: cab DINIK - Anastasia - Dialer v2.0.cab - [Click for QR Code] (7.58 MB, 9 views)

kanishkapd
Old
Thanks Meter 44
hi kluong,
yes..i forgot to mention..the scroll bar is very user friendly and thats also one feature i really like about this rom.

i have not tried any car kit modes. i have installed the dialer cab and it does look nice. thanks.

hd20 rom is really nice. not as fast as this rom, but, maybe visually better. (its your preference...) the icons are the best looking for me, in any rom i have tried.
the start menu layout is there. in fact its ultrashot's own application that hd20 is using with permission. i cant remember the scroll bar. guess it wasnt there.
there are lots of surprise applications stored in the rom which you can install, uninstall as you prefer. there are about 10 cht clock cabs available. overall its a nice rom
t mobile leo
CR192 desire hd rom
The Following User Says Thank You to kanishkapd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kluong6
Old
(Last edited by kluong6; 7th April 2012 at 04:19 AM.)
Thanks Meter 6
Sounds like a good rom too. I need the scroll bar for an app for work though, so I'll probably try it at some point but will stick with ultrashot for now. Haven't heard much of ultrashot, wonder if ultrashot has any further works in stored for this rom? Happy Easter everybody.

Tags
fast, hd2 rom, kitchen, stable