TCPMP crashing with crash.txt error? Miss YouTube, Google video? See this.

Search This thread

FZ1

Dec 19, 2007
Upcoming kitchens/roms from dcd (3.2.1), no2chem, and others will be based off a new kernel that causes TCPMP to crash on startup with an error mentioning "crash.txt".

milesmowbray has done an excellent job modding TCPMP for use with the new kernel. Read about it and download the latest .cab here, or my version is attached below.

FlashVideoBundle 1.4.4 by zbop works with his modded TCPMP. Read about it and download the latest .cab here, or my version is attached below.

I've also merged the two .cabs into one oem that's working great for me with dcd's 3.2.1 kitchen, also attached below.

I'm sorry, but I won't be able to offer support for either app, as I'm not the author and only brought the .cabs into a single oem for use in a kitchen. Please post problems with either app in their respective threads.

All credit goes to milesmowbray for TCPMP-0.72RC1-ARM-PPC-recomp-03, zbop for FlashVideoBundle, and of course dcd, no2chem, and the others that tirelessly scour the internets for ways to improve our titans!

**Note: As of 7/9/08 video.google.com's main page isn't working with FlashVideoBundle 1.4.4. Find the link for "Explore more videos >>" near the bottom of that page to be brought to a working page.**

Attachments

• TCPMP-0.72RC1-ARM-PPC-recomp-03.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 4,908

FZ1

Dec 19, 2007
Wierd.

NIS 2008 says it's clean, and nothing strange has tried to get past the firewall. I know Norton Antivirus can miss things, but the firewall's usually pretty anal.

Does AVG give any details about that infection? If you extract the .zip, which file in particular is suspect?

viper8u2

Mar 8, 2008
strange, I just extracted the cab and scanned it and it did not show this time. I even tried downloading the file again?? false positive here??

faceless

Feb 24, 2008
is there a version of the TCPMP v0.81 unofficial hybrid that works with the new dcd rom?

FZ1

Dec 19, 2007
I'm curious, what does v0.81 do that v0.72RC1 doesn't?

I don't think v0.81 works with FlashVideoBundle...

faceless

Feb 24, 2008
0.81 plays wmv/wma, and yes 0.81 works with FlashVideoBundle.

it crashes on the new dcd rom though.

huntley

Jul 29, 2008
I installed the CABs from the first post, but I still can not view videos on youtube, google, and others. I have the treo 800w if that helps. Also, TCPMP does not give the crash.txt error. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

FZ1

Dec 19, 2007
If you weren't getting the "crash.txt" error msg in TCPMP, these files weren't for you. You should be able to follow the instructions in the "read about it" link for FlashVideoBundle in the first post.

Only newer roms require the file versions I posted.

meccadon123

Jan 26, 2008
WAIT

This did eliminate the "crash .txt" error, but i can not view videos on utube.....help? This does play older saved videos (utube) on my sd card, but nothing plays from utube.com. Thanks in advance.

cornelious2

Dec 27, 2007
Saint Chuck
This did eliminate the "crash .txt" error, but i can not view videos on utube.....help? This does play older saved videos (utube) on my sd card, but nothing plays from utube.com. Thanks in advance.

you have to use the flash video bundle then from there when you go to youtube you will get the option to play or save the video and you can watch it either way.

meccadon123

Jan 26, 2008
Thank you......update....I CAN play utube vids current and old ones saved to SD card. 1 wierd thing though....i can't play any vids saved to my favs on utube's website...hmmm.

okiedookie

Oct 3, 2006
Hi

I tried the TCPMP-0.72RC1-ARM-PPC-recomp-03.zip and crash error is gone. Thanks! But can't play wmv saying something like "audio codec(windows media audio) not supported by player! Can anyone help!!! Thanks!

BTW, I am using omnia

jonesvrnc

Aug 2, 2008
im new

im really new to the treo 800w ,, i was wondering how do u downloadthose links,, do i plug my phone in the cpu using the usb?????

FZ1

Dec 19, 2007
If you've already set TCPMP's "Manual A/V offset +/-" to -400, I don't think I can help.