Low Battery charge in Ap Fastboot Fix

Search This thread

vel0city

Oct 4, 2010
Hey guys, I recently found an alternative way to fix the low battery problem when your in AP Fastboot and able to get it to charge without the soldering of usb cable or the factory cable. So for those who do not want to open up their razrs or pay 40 bucks for a cable use my method.
-Make sure you have the charging cable connected to the phone and the cable to an outlet not an computer.
-While in the ap fastboot screen with the low battery problem, just push & hold Vol - and Vol+ and power buttons at the same time for 10 seconds
-Then IMMEDIATELY press and hold Vol - and Vol+ for 10 seconds to get back to the boot menu.
-Then once in the boot menu go down the the one option that has the word tools on it which is the last one.
-If it does not do anything just press volume up or down and go back to the tools and click power (enter) again.
-Then you should be boot to the M logo.
-Then after a bit you will be presented to an battery icon charging your phone!
-After a good charge up to 50% or so download the program called

New Link
http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/topic/2248-droid-razr-utility-16-contains-612181-fastboot-files/

-Download that program and make sure your phone is back in AP fastboot and your battery should say OK meaning you can now program again.
-From there run the Droid RAZR Utility you just download it and choose option 1 and let it do its thing.
-Once done you should have the original stock rom and if you had root you must re-root it.
-Please message back for any questions! I am happy to help because I know how frustrating this is!

Last edited:

pedrotorresfilho

Jan 4, 2012
decantodepoetas.blogspot.com
Hey guys, I recently found an alternative way to fix the low battery problem when your in AP Fastboot and able to get it to charge without the soldering of usb cable or the factory cable. So for those who do not want to open up their razrs or pay 40 bucks for a cable use my method.
-Make sure you have the charging cable connected to the phone and the cable to an outlet not an computer.
-While in the ap fastboot screen with the low battery problem, just push & hold Vol - and Vol+ and power buttons at the same time for 10 seconds
-Then IMMEDIATELY press and hold Vol - and Vol+ for 10 seconds to get back to the boot menu.
-Then once in the boot menu go down the the one option that has the word tools on it which is the last one.
-If it does not do anything just press volume up or down and go back to the tools and click power (enter) again.
Droid RAZR Utility I can't post the link but it is in our forums so just search for it. If pm and I will give you the Link.

-Download that program and make sure your phone is back in AP fastboot and your battery should say OK meaning you can now program again.
-From there run the Droid RAZR Utility you just download it and choose option 1 and let it do its thing.
-Once done you should have the original stock rom and if you had root you must re-root it.
-Please message back for any questions! I am happy to help because I know how frustrating this is!

This really works for corrupted systems after a flash failure without a working fastboot?

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk

Reactions: sd_shadow

switch2cingular

Apr 6, 2008
Wayne, Pa.
Great Job! Only wish that I knew about this 3 weeks ago! I took the back off and ended up glueing it back on and did a warranty exchange. I hope they don't say anything!!!
Again Great Job!!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using xda premium

vel0city

Oct 4, 2010
This really works for corrupted systems after a flash failure without a working fastboot?

As long as once it is plugged in and the screen comes up in the AP Fastboot it will work. Just hold power plues volume up and down then once that turns off immediatley press the volume up and down and it will boot you right to the boot menu. But just wondering what shows up for you if it is not the fastboot?

renx0

Mar 22, 2012
I can't get it to work, after I select BP Tools, it flashes the Motorola Logo and goes back to the AP Fastboot screen again. I don't think it works if you formatted \System.

stepinmyworld

Apr 14, 2010
I can't get it to work, after I select BP Tools, it flashes the Motorola Logo and goes back to the AP Fastboot screen again. I don't think it works if you formatted \System.

exactly. for those that got cut off as the phone was in the process of flashing, i dont think it will boot to any phone charging icon because there's no software on the device. I've been trying for a week now

Last edited:

jaredakelly

Jun 19, 2008
Droid RAZR Utility I can't post the link but it is in our forums so just search for it. If pm and I will give you the Link.

dude your a life saver! thank you!!!

mestisso79

Feb 25, 2011
campinas
solution

I tried to do so but did not work I tried to boot straight to the battery also did not work had to own a cable faser

Attachments

• 2012-03-26_03-37-12_443.jpg
    2012-03-26_03-37-12_443.jpg
    276.2 KB · Views: 4,028

vel0city

Oct 4, 2010
Sorry for the late reply but it is good to hear this method to work for jaredakelly . For those who are having problems did you have the phone charging in the wall outlet and not on a computer usb? The best steps is to choose the the tools option then just let the phone boot to the m logo then just leave it there on the wall outlet. Make sure you are using the Motorola usb cable that came with your phone and its usb adaptor that might make a difference.

Reactions: Rooted Dinc

Mortify1

Oct 21, 2010
I just tried this tut and it works as far as I can tell I am at the screen for battery charging but there is a big "?" in the center, the phone doesnt know what level its at lol..

I suggest you space out and make your original steps in bigger and bolder text for the specific buttons because I almost missed the power + vol down + vol up and was just pressing the volume buttons :D

This thread should be stickied!

Last edited:

vel0city

Oct 4, 2010
Yeah sorry if my instructions were not to clear this is my first time posting anything like this on this site, but I am glad to hear it is working for you too. I don't even have this phone lol , it was my friend's and he had it stuck on the fastboot so I messed around with it and in the end this was the result.

r4zrm4xxx

Apr 15, 2012
yep

i think my battery is too low to attempt this i got it on 3 times and tried to fastboot restore but battery kept dying before completion so i guess im just screwed

vel0city

Oct 4, 2010
no you should be fine because as long as the power cable is still plugged in it should work regardless of the low battery level. I did this on my friend's phone with 0% battery.

superstargoddess

Jul 30, 2011
Nelsonville
fuh-q.com
Not a very good success rate for being on the front page. I'm going to try it later, though I think that I tried something like this before and it didn't work. I know that I have read this somewhere else.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

New Link
    http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/topic/2248-droid-razr-utility-16-contains-612181-fastboot-files/

Alternative Low Battery In Ap Fastboot Fix

Alternative Low battery in Ap fastboot fix

If this fix doesn't work for you then I have a known working solution. I used a 600ma charger cut the end off and then cut the wire coating back exposing 3/16 of wire. With charger unplugged I attached the red to the + and the black wire to the - terminal being extremely careful not to touch anything else in there causing it to arc and possibly causing damage. I recommend that you download the ifixit app in the market to a tablet or use their website so you can get the help on the removal of the back plate without breaking or cracking it. once removed you can use the torx screwdriver to remove the negative screw. It has a washer too I just placed the wire under there and re-tightened it and then done the same to the positive side.

Now that you have done this you should very carefully flip it over taking extreme care as to not have the wire break or fall out. I placed mine over the edge of the table so I could inspect it before plugging it up. If all is good plug it up the hit vol-+ and power choose fastboot or you can just hit power cause it'll go straight there cause it's bricked and in bootfailure. The RAZR will now say BATTERY OK. Run RSD Lite and install your

VRZ_XT912_6.7.2-180_DHD-16_M4-31_1FF.xml

After it fully installs turn device off and carefully remove everything and snap the back cover on and then power back on. Worked twice for me since it keeps soft bricking every time I use touch clockwork recovery to restore a back up. I NEED HELP WITH Clockworkmod...

O Yeah if you found this helpful give thanks. That 1 in my meter is lonely..

As long as once it is plugged in and the screen comes up in the AP Fastboot it will work. Just hold power plues volume up and down then once that turns off immediatley press the volume up and down and it will boot you right to the boot menu. But just wondering what shows up for you if it is not the fastboot?

exactly. for those that got cut off as the phone was in the process of flashing, i dont think it will boot to any phone charging icon because there's no software on the device. I've been trying for a week now
    tru holding vol up and down w cord plugged in. press and release power (still holding vol up amd and down) this will turn the screen off.

press and hold pwr until boot menu appears. use VOL UP to select NORMAL POWER UP ypu should next see the Safestrap screen (you are rooted w Safestrap installed correct?)

Then it should boot normally
    the problem is that if rom install was bad, safestrap can be removed, as parts of safestrap are on the system partition, normally safestrap restores itself before rebooting after a rom installation but if rom installation fails safestrap cannot find proper folders
    besides if you have safestrap, you can just boot into safestrap recovery (modified twrp) and charge battery there