Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,212 Members 42,386 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] [ICS] Android Open Kang Project - captivatemtd - Milestone 6

Tip us?

b-eock
Old
Thanks Meter 1,417

DONATE TO ME
It is like to let you acknowledge that the menu options changed I think. It is SMS, DL, GMail and a bunch of other stuff! I like it

If you don't read the forum, why should the forum read you?

PHONE: Samsung GT-I9300 and Samsung Captivate Build #1012

MobileTechVideos USB Port repair!
Adam Outler for UB Mod
Conexxion2005(Josh) from MTV

abystus
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I wanted to give an update on the status of my phone with the latest kernel in place. Today when I awoke, I found my phone fully charged to 100%. I have also noticed no hanging on the lock screen, along with all other problems I mentioned to be corrected (think the browser one is just that it's different than the GB one). I even forgot to list the last problem, which was the video recording crash when pressing stop, but even this seems to have been corrected. I have not noticed any "new" problems with the kernel in place so that's always great.

Thanks Raul77 for the info about the kernel, and to sixstringsg for writing it.

TRusselo
Old
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2,763

DONATE TO ME
in b28 from aokp site.

still find the navbar > menu button implementation a bit wonky but better than previous releases.

the when to show rules dont seem to work right, sometimes need to hide/show toggle the navbar through the power menu for menu to appear.

noticed in some apps like Phone dialer. (actually contacts.apk) the menu button shows on navbar but does not function, however a menu button magically appears top right corner of dialer that does work. in other apps both the navbar and in-app menu button work.

and the menu button seems really small vertically in navbar. but that might be stock size.

but i like it!
it would be great if in rom control it could disable melfas-touchkey.kl automatically when onscreen navbar is present.

melvinaury
Old
Thanks Meter 113
One question, how do I setup speed dialer in the phone app. In the samsung phone apk Ialways use the speed dialer.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA

TRusselo
Old
Thanks Meter 2,763

DONATE TO ME
dialer does not contain speed dial in ICS. use different dialer if you need it.
The Following User Says Thank You to TRusselo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

melvinaury
Old
Thanks Meter 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRusselo View Post
dialer does not contain speed dial in ICS. use different dialer if you need it.
Can you recommend one with the ICS skin.

TRusselo
Old
Thanks Meter 2,763

DONATE TO ME
i have never used any other dialers but i know miui dialer is available for other roms and is skinnable.search for more info.

back to topic
The Following User Says Thank You to TRusselo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

melvinaury
Old
(Last edited by melvinaury; 26th March 2012 at 06:48 AM.)
Thanks Meter 113
I notice that my IMEI number was changed when I install release 28. I try to copy the backup copy of the efs folder and reboot. But I don't have the correct number either.

I notice an option under setting, ROM Control, General UI and said shw IMEI switcher. What do that option do. I check that option and reboot. But don't see any option to switch the IMEI in the status bar..

Also I enable the calendar notification in the lockscreen and choose my gmail calendar. But I don't see any event on the lockscreen.

levanr
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvinaury View Post
I notice that my IMEI number was changed when I install release 28. I try to copy the backup copy of the efs folder and reboot. But I don't have the correct number either.

I notice an option under setting, ROM Control, General UI and said shw IMEI switcher. What do that option do. I check that option and reboot. But don't see any option to switch the IMEI in the status bar..

Also I enable the calendar notification in the lockscreen and choose my gmail calendar. But I don't see any event on the lockscreen.

i have sane problem in other rom and i first delete efs folder and copy from backup
The Following User Says Thank You to levanr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

melvinaury
Old
Thanks Meter 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by levanr View Post
i have sane problem in other rom and i first delete efs folder and copy from backup
I already do that, but don't work.