6th November 2010, 07:23 AM   |  #31  
OP Senior Member
Flag St. Charles, Missouri, USA
Thanks Meter: 50

432 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvit

Today i accidentally found square in the market and it installed!
I changed nothing... Did they just release an update?

As a matter of fact, they did. Hope it works for you then.
6th November 2010, 01:26 PM   |  #32  
MotoDroid_(CM6)_& Incredible_(RootedStock2.2)
Thanks Meter: 3

280 posts
This is looking good.. I've been pretty busy and haven't taken time to order the swiper until last night.. I hope I get two.
24th March 2012, 07:05 PM   |  #33  
Flag Topeka
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
More
Need the APK
I have a Novo 7 Paladin that I have updated to Android 4.0.3 but I still have very limited access to Google Play. I'm really hoping that someone can extract and post the Square apk. Links to the market just don't cut it for my poor little Chinese tablet. This is what I get for trying to save a few bucks!
9th April 2012, 08:12 AM   |  #34  
Thanks Meter: 1

22 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dza

I have a Novo 7 Paladin that I have updated to Android 4.0.3 but I still have very limited access to Google Play.

Not sure it works properly with ICS...the SquareUp.com website suggests it has issues with Honeycomb, although they just released a new version on the Market.

For reasons I don't want to get into, my tablet doesn't have a Google account, and I'd really like to keep it that way, so no Market access. If anyone has a copy of v2.2.7 (current as of March 9, I think) and could make it available, that would be great...my device is supposed to be here tomorrow or Tuesday, and I'd like to test it out.

(Usually, I pull free apps with a rooted AVD and transfer the APK via sdcard, but naturally the emulated device can't see the SquareUp app...)

Edit: Thought maybe I could use the AppBrain Fast Web Install to pull it, but even Play Store app tells me it's "not compatable," just like the SquareUp app. So if anyone knows of the 3.0 version of Fast Web Install APK available, please post a pointer and I'll try that to pull the SquareUp app.

(*sigh*) Wish it wasn't so d*mned difficult not to provide all of your information to everyone for marketing purposes...
Last edited by CharlieSummers; 10th April 2012 at 09:42 PM.
16th April 2012, 12:14 PM   |  #35  

1 posts
heres one that works (just tried it), but its an older version 1.5 so u might have to look for a newer one soon, well it wont let me post it but if u still want just replace the dots n it should work i also cant get into the android store, if i can ill post a better version soon

www6 dot zippyshare dot com/v/60233538/file.html[/url]
16th April 2012, 07:08 PM   |  #36  
Thanks Meter: 1

22 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedarlington

heres one that works (just tried it), but its an older version 1.5 so u might have to look for a newer one soon

Much thanks for the post!

That version will run, but won't connect to Square's servers to process scanned CCs. I've been able to find up to version 2.2 APK on the web, but apparently Square changed things so that _only_ their most recent version (2.2.7 according to APK-search websites) will properly process a scanned CC. Haven't tested manually-input numbers, but there's a pretty big difference in the processing fees for scanned vs. input. For manual inputs, might as well just use the much-hated PayPal.

Edit: Trying everything I can think of short of buying a sacrificial tablet, and can't get the APK. Can't anyone with SquareUp installed on a rooted device pull the APK from /system/app and post it somewhere?
Last edited by CharlieSummers; 16th April 2012 at 10:18 PM.
5th May 2012, 11:09 PM   |  #37  
Flag Tempe, AZ
Thanks Meter: 3

57 posts
More
just got mine ... testing on evo3d, failed my first two dozen swipes...

their website says:
EVO 3D If you encounter any issues, follow these steps:
1) Open the Square Card Reader app
2) Insert the card reader
3) Tap the home button
4) Adjust the phone volume up/down
5) Tap the Square icon to open Square again.

So I tried that... didn't help... so I removed the reader, closed the app, opened it again, and inserted the reader fast-and-furious... now it's working ...
26th July 2012, 04:18 PM   |  #38  
Flag Toronto

6 posts
More
Does anyone have the latest apk ? Can't download it from the store here in Canada.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread