5,598,718 Members 39,127 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stupid Questions Thread - No question too stupid!

Tip us?

hechoen
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 1411
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnahughes View Post
QUIT BEIN A D#CK!
Your calling out one of the most helpful people on this site. Maybe you should take your own advice.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hechoen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dnahughes
Old
Thanks Meter 1
i know hes helpful thats why i TRIED TO ASK HIM FOR HELP but all i got was a pm callin me a troll all i asked for was some help rooting bc all the links are dead for super 1 click im sorry lumin for snappin at u i apologize

lumin30
Old
(Last edited by lumin30; 19th March 2012 at 03:54 AM.)
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1143

DONATE TO ME
I did not PM you first. I called you a troll after getting this PM from you out of three (all similar) -

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnahughes
ur a fukin dick dude i merely ask questions to find answers from people more knowledgable than myself its a phone forum lighten up and try to help someone instead of worrying abt old posts and clogging the fukn forum get a life and have a nice day asshole
I helped you in the themes and apps section a week ago telling you where to find a link to download SuperOneClick. And frankly I thought you were spam as many times as I saw you post about z4 rooting app.
If you appreciate my help - Please Hit Thanks!

> > [GUIDE] Stock Froyo to Custom GB Made Easy < <
> > [GUIDE] Heimdall One-Click For Dummies < <
> > [GUIDE] Stock GB 2.3.6 APK Repository < <

THE THANKS BUTTON IS BELOW --------------------------------------------------

thomas.raines
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3136

DONATE TO ME
Wow! lumin30, i appreciate you and all the help you give everyone! Lol

Sent from my BAMF SGH-T959V!
Remember, the thanks button is free, but it doesn't hurt to show a dev your appreciation by using the donate button...
My Works
SGS4G: Gummy Mutt, Original Lightning Zap, Lightning Zap Kernel, Gremlin Remover
Blaze 4G: Lightning Zap, ICS 1-Click Starter, OOPS, Quick Recovery, Lightning Zap Kernel
LG Nitro: Lightning Zap
Skyrocket: Lightning Zap! kernel
E4GT: Lightning Zap! kernel
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thomas.raines For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

P06o
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnahughes View Post
i know hes helpful thats why i TRIED TO ASK HIM FOR HELP but all i got was a pm callin me a troll all i asked for was some help rooting bc all the links are dead for super 1 click im sorry lumin for snappin at u i apologize
There are lots of ways to get root - why get stuck on one solution? If the SOC links don't work, & google doesn't help you, why not pursue a different route?

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium
DEVICE: SGH-T999 (T-Mobile Galaxy SIII)
ROM: CM 10.2 Nightly

DEVICE: [retired] SGH-T959V (T-Mobile Galaxy S 4G)
ROM: ICS - AOKP Milestone 6

DEVICE: Nexus 7
ROM: CM 10.1 nightly...

thomas.raines
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3136

DONATE TO ME
Ok, 3 questions...
1. If you are on a kernel with ext4fs and convert to yaffs2, will you brick your phone?
2. How can you tell the difference between a BML ROM and an MTD ROM?
3. Could a MTD ROM be converted to a BML ROM?
Remember, the thanks button is free, but it doesn't hurt to show a dev your appreciation by using the donate button...
My Works
SGS4G: Gummy Mutt, Original Lightning Zap, Lightning Zap Kernel, Gremlin Remover
Blaze 4G: Lightning Zap, ICS 1-Click Starter, OOPS, Quick Recovery, Lightning Zap Kernel
LG Nitro: Lightning Zap
Skyrocket: Lightning Zap! kernel
E4GT: Lightning Zap! kernel

eollie
Old
Thanks Meter 766
I remember something similar being asked but trying to search for it brings a ton of unrelated posts so...

Yesterday while playing draw something my simlock screen popped up said I had 2 attempts left to give the correct code. No soft reboot nothing just the simlock screen. I think something similar was asked about before and just can find what they said it COULD have been.

Manumission
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Default Got two here...

Since this is a stupid questions thread and I am a "noob", I thought I'd post here. I have two questions, which may be stupid or may not be, but probably are. So here goes:

1) Are there any good original shutdown animations out there? My understanding is that for the SGS4G we need a .qmg file to be pushed (or somehow otherwise got) into the /system/media/video/shutdown folder (as seen here for example: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1011 - thanks tehgyb! 1000x better than Tmo's goodbye!). Because .qmg files are so Samsung-specific, there seems to be little out there, based on my Google searches.

So - anyone got a few good choices of shutdown animations in .qmg format that I can put on the phone?

2) The other day, after installing a ROM, I decided I didn't like it and tried to revert to my previous set-up via CWM in Recovery by restoring the Nandroid backup I had made. Everything seemed to be fine, until I rebooted and got stuck at the intro Samsung splash screen, meaning I had soft-bricked the phone. No worries, I used Heimdall and got everything golden again (and THEN later installed RaverX3X's Octane - dynamite!!! THANK YOU!!!). But my question is, why did I get soft-bricked in the first place? I'm thinking it was because I was moving from one ROM to another without wiping all of the caches first.

Thanks in advance for any insights here!

eollie
Old
Thanks Meter 766
@Manumission Your second question answer is probably because your initial nandroid was from CWM 3.0 and the new roms use 5.0. If you change to a older kernel that uses CWM 3.0 I bet your nanadroid will work fine.

Manumission
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Eollie - Yeah, that was another idea I had. It pays to be always pay close attention to what those words, letters and numbers are saying!