Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,619 Members 52,284 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TESTING] XDAndroid GBX0C 2.3.7 Build

Tip us?

drugusv
Old
Thanks Meter 0
hi arrrghhh, what version of kernel you using now, i tried htc-msm-linux-20120227_213021-package.tar.bz2 and my device is very hot when battery is charging and when i am use wifi

arrrghhh
Old
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3371

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by drugusv View Post
hi arrrghhh, what version of kernel you using now, i tried htc-msm-linux-20120227_213021-package.tar.bz2 and my device is very hot when battery is charging and when i am use wifi
I'd try the newest .27 kernel you can find. It has the new acoustic stuff built in...

.35 might work for RAPH as well, but I'm not sure how well...

drugusv
Old
Thanks Meter 0
thanks for answer.
another question, how i can fix problem with google market (now google play) when i try most of applications i get message: "Your device isn't compatible with this item" how to fix this?

arrrghhh
Old
Thanks Meter 3371

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by drugusv View Post
thanks for answer.
another question, how i can fix problem with google market (now google play) when i try most of applications i get message: "Your device isn't compatible with this item" how to fix this?
Native devices have this issue as well, and AFAIK if the Market Enabler app doesn't work, then it's usually a build.prop/screen resolution setting. You can try mucking with it, but it honestly might be easier to just side-load whatever app you want. Find the APK, install thru adb/file explorer app/AndroidApps folder.

kachihayabi
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
I'm not going to lie, I won't know what to do with said logs. I'll try to have a dev look at it sometime, but I don't know if any of them are interested in messing with BT. Someone is going to have to get angry and dedicate a lot of time to fixing BT I'd say.
Hello arrrghhh,

Thank you for your honesty.

I'll try to use my technical knowledge to search a solution by myself.

Where can I find BT sources? How can I know if *.csv files I put at the root of my SC card are used by Android or not? Where can I find exolanations or information on internal structure and design of these csv files?

I'll tell you if I find something ...

Best regards.

arrrghhh
Old
Thanks Meter 3371

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kachihayabi View Post
Hello arrrghhh,

Thank you for your honesty.

I'll try to use my technical knowledge to search a solution by myself.

Where can I find BT sources? How can I know if *.csv files I put at the root of my SC card are used by Android or not? Where can I find exolanations or information on internal structure and design of these csv files?

I'll tell you if I find something ...

Best regards.
I'm not even sure where you point you for the BT specific files... I'm sure there's a userland and kernel component to BT - and I'm not positive where the actual issue lies. More than likely it's userland.

Either way, like I said all our code is open source. https://gitorious.org/xdandroid/

I also have no clue if there's a guide on how the CSV files work. They were lifted from WinMo, and JB adapted the code to accept the CSV's and use them to configure userland audio routing. Perhaps looking at his tree will help you?

https://gitorious.org/~jbruneaux

Obviously his tree is pretty outdated - all the important stuff from his tree is merged with ours at this point, but perhaps watching the iterations JB went thru will help you learn how the CSV's work... I don't know .

detule
Old
Thanks Meter 332
Default xtra (agps) tester

Any of you good folks want to give this (a)gps lib a try? There is some indication that it could possibly work on your device and the trial process is pretty painless.

Make sure to follow the directions in the post.

If you do try it make sure to post complete GetLogs output with your results.

Also if you could verify your baseband version for me that would be wonderful:

Code:
getprop | grep gsm.version.baseband
Thanks

bryceowen
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hey everyone. I have a couple questions and I'm not entirely sure my problem doesn't stem from the WinMo ROM I'm using... (Also, I'm using a Raph110 Fuze, if that has any bearing on my problems.)

First, when the touch screen calibration step comes up, I get no indication of it other than the booting appears to stall. When I touch where I think I should (somewhere near the upper left), I'll see the upper right box appear, then part of the center, then part of the lower left then the lower right. The calibration takes, but I don't know how off it is because of the first tap location...

Second, I can't for the life of me get wifi working. I tap to activate it, it shows that it's starting for a few seconds, then it just says 'error' under the wifi checkbox.

I was hoping that I could, at the very least, get wifi working so I could use Skype or Palringo or something since I don't have AT&T any more...
HTC Supersonic (Stock ROM, Rooted, bloat removed)
AT&T Fuze (Stock ROM sans bloat, trying to revive with Android)
T-Mobile SDA (Stock ROM, collecting dust)

arrrghhh
Old
Thanks Meter 3371

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryceowen View Post
Hey everyone. I have a couple questions and I'm not entirely sure my problem doesn't stem from the WinMo ROM I'm using... (Also, I'm using a Raph110 Fuze, if that has any bearing on my problems.)

First, when the touch screen calibration step comes up, I get no indication of it other than the booting appears to stall. When I touch where I think I should (somewhere near the upper left), I'll see the upper right box appear, then part of the center, then part of the lower left then the lower right. The calibration takes, but I don't know how off it is because of the first tap location...

Second, I can't for the life of me get wifi working. I tap to activate it, it shows that it's starting for a few seconds, then it just says 'error' under the wifi checkbox.

I was hoping that I could, at the very least, get wifi working so I could use Skype or Palringo or something since I don't have AT&T any more...
Did you follow the calibration steps in the FRX thread? It's quite complex to manually calibrate.

As for wifi, what kernel? .27? Do you have logs? Did you read the FAQ & try the wifi-nvram trick?

As for Skype or Palringo, don't hold your breath. Most older native Android devices struggle to do tasks like this, so don't be surprised if you don't have the horsepower to run a quality call over wifi...

bryceowen
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Did you follow the calibration steps in the FRX thread? It's quite complex to manually calibrate.
No. I tried searching for touch screen calibration problems, but nobody described the problem I'm having. (In fact, when I search the forum for "manual touch screen calibration" now, the post you made just a moment ago is the ONLY result.)
Quote:
As for wifi, what kernel? .27? Do you have logs? Did you read the FAQ & try the wifi-nvram trick?
It's the ROM on page 1 I just downloaded today. The software itself says kernel version 2.6.27.46. I may have logs, but I'll have to look up how to extract them. I read the FAQs for the various "Android on Fuze" sites and the only thing regarding wifi is "It works." Nothing about a 'wifi-nvram' trick... (Again, searching for that phrase returns your above post...)
Quote:
As for Skype or Palringo, don't hold your breath. Most older native Android devices struggle to do tasks like this, so don't be surprised if you don't have the horsepower to run a quality call over wifi...
As for horsepower, I know this device isn't exactly the "powerhouse" it once was, but if I can use it for instant messaging or what have you, I'll be happy.
HTC Supersonic (Stock ROM, Rooted, bloat removed)
AT&T Fuze (Stock ROM sans bloat, trying to revive with Android)
T-Mobile SDA (Stock ROM, collecting dust)