5,598,086 Members 41,744 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Screen protectors suck on the Lumia. Here's the solution.

Tip us?

theLofD
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnvman View Post
Sounds good, thanks for the tip. Anyway I could only find it here http://www.teknikmagasinet.no/db.pl?...2fLumia%20800&
But actually I don't understand a word so I really don't know wether they ship to my country or not :/
@dannejeanne: ouch, sorry to hear that. How did you manage to put that scratch on it? Did you drop it? If it can scratch that way without a particular reason this kinda sucks...
I'm sorry to hear that. Try www.copter.cc. There you can see suppliers and it is in English. If you can't find anyone that's shipping to Italy you can send me a pm and we might be able to work something out.
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE (GT-I9195)

No need to click the thanks button, my d**k is big enough already.

vnvman
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by theLofD View Post
I'm sorry to hear that. Try www.copter.cc. There you can see suppliers and it is in English. If you can't find anyone that's shipping to Italy you can send me a pm and we might be able to work something out.
Thanks. Anyway apparently there isn't a supplier for my country, too bad...oh well, right now I'm still waiting for my gadgetshiedz protector, hopefully it will be better than skinomi and zagg. I'm getting spoiled with the glass tho
My toys:
Google Nexus 5
Nokia Lumia 920 White
Samsung Ativ S
Asus Transformer TF300T
Cowon J3 16 GB

jenesuispasbavard
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Yeah I don't want to put a screen protector on this beautiful phone either, but I hear the camera chrome scratches easily. I curently have the rubber case that came with the phone, which keeps the chrome on the back from scratching but I want to use the phone 'naked', as you say. Anything I can do to prevent the chrome from scratching?
Sony Ericsson W800i
Sony Ericsson W580i
Nokia 5800 Navigation Edition

Samsung SGH-T509 (as backup phone)
Sony Ericsson Xperia X10i
HTC G2
HTC myTouch 4G Slide

Sony Ericsson Xperia Play
Nokia Lumia 800
Nokia Lumia 900
Nokia Lumia 920

HTC One S
HTC 8X
Google Nexus 4
Nokia Lumia 925

Nokia Lumia 1020

vnvman
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenesuispasbavard View Post
Yeah I don't want to put a screen protector on this beautiful phone either, but I hear the camera chrome scratches easily. I curently have the rubber case that came with the phone, which keeps the chrome on the back from scratching but I want to use the phone 'naked', as you say. Anything I can do to prevent the chrome from scratching?
Right now I'm using a gadgetshieldz screen protector. I thought I would have never gone back to using one, but they're just great: no orange peel effect, smooth feel and perfect transparency. In the package you'll find a full body protection, and there's also a perfectly cut part for the chrome trim. Apparently the film is very durable, and you can't even tell it's there.
Currently I'm using only the screen and the chrome trim parts, basically because I generally keep the case on. Keep in mind that if you use the full kit the phone won't fit into the case. I guess it doesn't make much sense to use both at the same time tho...
My toys:
Google Nexus 5
Nokia Lumia 920 White
Samsung Ativ S
Asus Transformer TF300T
Cowon J3 16 GB
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vnvman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jenesuispasbavard
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnvman View Post
Right now I'm using a gadgetshieldz screen protector. I thought I would have never gone back to using one, but they're just great: no orange peel effect, smooth feel and perfect transparency. In the package you'll find a full body protection, and there's also a perfectly cut part for the chrome trim. Apparently the film is very durable, and you can't even tell it's there.
Currently I'm using only the screen and the chrome trim parts, basically because I generally keep the case on. Keep in mind that if you use the full kit the phone won't fit into the case. I guess it doesn't make much sense to use both at the same time tho...
Cool. I might just buy the Gadgetshieldz protector for the camera chrome trim part.
Sony Ericsson W800i
Sony Ericsson W580i
Nokia 5800 Navigation Edition

Samsung SGH-T509 (as backup phone)
Sony Ericsson Xperia X10i
HTC G2
HTC myTouch 4G Slide

Sony Ericsson Xperia Play
Nokia Lumia 800
Nokia Lumia 900
Nokia Lumia 920

HTC One S
HTC 8X
Google Nexus 4
Nokia Lumia 925

Nokia Lumia 1020

gowtham1337
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I am using the Gadgetsheildz protector as well. Its very difficult to apply, but once it is on, it feels incredible! Almost as if it is not there. Must try product.

nicovoim
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default Screen protectors

I had screenprotect in my HTC SXL and it feeled crappy and i just take it off and after 7 months of hard use in construction sites it didnt have a single scartch and now with L800 i dont use screenprotect but because of extra protect i have flip cover in it
HTC Sensation XL using Sense 3.6 rom by Fshami - sold
Nokia Lumia 800 using stock fonland cv - sold
Nokia Lumia 900 using NG cv - sold
Samsung Galaxy Gio using stock rooted rom - screen cracked
Motorola Defy using Cyanogen Mod 7 - bricked
iPhone 4 with jailbreak and 6.1.3 - sold
HTC One X using Android Revolution HD - screen cracked (thank god we have insurance)
Nokia Lumia 610 using stock
Samsung Galaxy S4 using stock Samsumg Touchwiz, maybe some day i have custom rom or maybe not