XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][KANG][16.07.2012] CyanogenMod 9 Milestone XT720 RC

Tip us?

LibertyMonger
Old
Thanks Meter 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mioze7Ae View Post
Yes, kang means third party modifications. The CyanogenMod team requests that unofficial ports and modifications are labeled this way.

Their perspective is that third-party ROMs should be marked clearly so that users don't first "blame" the core CyanogenMod project for problems in ROMs they're not responsible for. CyanogenMod allows us to use the name "CyanogenMod" under these terms.

Additionally, XDA requires that kang's are labeled.
Also I think it originated from a dude named Kang, not for sure though. I think he earned this notoriety from stealing ROM's lol

Kang - A term used for stealing others intellectual property and claiming it as your own. (ie. When a developer uses another developer's work, and then publishes the end product as their own.)
The Following User Says Thank You to LibertyMonger For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dateno1
Old
(Last edited by dateno1; 25th March 2012 at 06:08 PM.)
Thanks Meter 42
Default i think

Quote:
Originally Posted by telnet777 View Post
That's great! How do you solve this problem?
What's the difference between this one and the older one?
I've just port the older one to XT711. So I hope there is no need to do it again if there is no big difference. Can I patch it to solve the usb problem?
Thank you!

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

c_urbanek, it's very easy if you put a rootexplorer.apk to /system/app in zip file before you flash it. I've attatched it.
you will need to delete 'root explorer.apk'

it illegal

he can extract apk from TB's tar on computer by winrar, 7z, etc
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dateno1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mioze7Ae
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2096
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyMonger View Post
Kang - A term used for stealing others intellectual property and claiming it as your own. (ie. When a developer uses another developer's work, and then publishes the end product as their own.)
Yeah, it's a little dissonant to call something a kang that is providing accurate credits. But that's what they want, apparently.
Milestone XT720 -- CM6.3.6.2/github -- OpenRecoveryXT720 -- fastboot kernels -- SBF master thread/mirrors -- reverendkjr's video tutorials
SD card/app2ext/Link2SD problems: ORXT720 > "SD Card Utilities" > "Save diagnostics" and post /sdcard/sdcard-info.txt
The Following User Says Thank You to Mioze7Ae For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

telnet777
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by dateno1 View Post
you will need to delete 'root explorer.apk'

it illegal

he can extract apk from TB's tar on computer by winrar, 7z, etc
Thanks.

Can you make it clear? This apk is used widely.
Do you have any candidate to replace it which can explore system,data, and may copy files from or to these directory?

3rdstring
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1078
Quote:
Originally Posted by telnet777 View Post
Thanks.

Can you make it clear? This apk is used widely.
Do you have any candidate to replace it which can explore system,data, and may copy files from or to these directory?
Root Explorer is a paid app & it's against the rules to distribute paid apps on XDA (unless you're the developer).
Chuck

Nexus 5 / Stock
Kindle Fire HD
The Following User Says Thank You to 3rdstring For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fjfalcon
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1266

DONATE TO ME
new build, fixed phone pin code bug.
Making impossible possible
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to fjfalcon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tvktmgm
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Thumbs up Hi fifalcon

Build 25/03 fix sensor MSXT720

* Left sensor test it right (reverse)
sendsor it right then left ..... fix Fifalcon senrsor cm9 back it is good for ....

tvktmgm
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Thumbs up HI Fifalcon

Build 2503 connect USB error

telnet777
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdstring View Post
Root Explorer is a paid app & it's against the rules to distribute paid apps on XDA (unless you're the developer).
I see.

Thank you!

lwxddlqkillapp
Old
Thanks Meter 44
i try to port overclock from korea rom but it fail. how to do that?