How to Play Music From Android Wear – XDA TV

Yesterday, we showed you how to do some advanced things with your Moto 360 quite easily … more

Google Updates Play Games, Wallet, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive, Google+, and Camera

While we haven’t really had much in the way of … more

Google Execs Talk to Ars About Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is right around the corner, and it’s expected to hit AOSP … more

UX Design in Apps and ROMs w/ Kevin Bruckert – BABBQ2014

This year’s Big Android BBQ has come and gone. While the whole event was … more
Post Reply

[Q] More People have Proximity and light sensor problem?

OP stillbeer

25th March 2012, 12:02 PM   |  #1  
stillbeer's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Gorredijk
Thanks Meter: 27
 
125 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2008
More
It seems that more and more people suffer this problem.
Is it related to a custom rom ?(dont think so)
Is it related to a custom kernel ?
How deep does an kernel or rom go in changing such things?
After a factory reset,booting in total dark they work till next boot .
So the hardware works ...

Are there any smart dev's that know what is going on ?

Hope someone can help !
25th March 2012, 12:04 PM   |  #2  
Account currently disabled
Flag XDA Sucks !
Thanks Meter: 2,022
 
5,043 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillbeer

It seems that more and more people suffer this problem.
Is it related to a custom rom ?(dont think so)
Is it related to a custom kernel ?
How deep does an kernel or rom go in changing such things?
After a factory reset,booting in total dark they work till next boot .
So the hardware works ...

Are there any smart dev's that know what is going on ?

Hope someone can help !

Ive never encountered this problem.

Its most likely down to ROM / Kernel - maybe even an app.

The ROM & Kernel go deep deep down into the core of the phone.... where the magic happens. You said yourself the hardware works, Which pretty much answers your own question
The Following User Says Thank You to azzledazzle For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th March 2012, 12:12 PM   |  #3  
stillbeer's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Gorredijk
Thanks Meter: 27
 
125 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2008
More
I even flashed stock rom ( ruu 1.50)
Didnt help.
Could it be that an rom,app or kernel messed up something
that an original rom could not overwrite ?
Last edited by stillbeer; 25th March 2012 at 12:22 PM. Reason: typo's
30th March 2012, 03:41 PM   |  #4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
33 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Proximity Sensor
They both won't work for me either.


Tried to avoid this with faux, sebastians and stock kernel on ics,
maybe all three kernels have the same problem or it's related to
the Firmware.

I've tried to boot up without light but the Sensors are still not working :/
8th May 2012, 06:57 AM   |  #5  
mariosaraylian's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 49
 
274 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSKYY

They both won't work for me either.


Tried to avoid this with faux, sebastians and stock kernel on ics,
maybe all three kernels have the same problem or it's related to
the Firmware.

I've tried to boot up without light but the Sensors are still not working :/

@SKYY: I am telling you man...we are just plain ****ed :(

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillbeer

It seems that more and more people suffer this problem.
Is it related to a custom rom ?(dont think so)
Is it related to a custom kernel ?
How deep does an kernel or rom go in changing such things?
After a factory reset,booting in total dark they work till next boot .
So the hardware works ...

Are there any smart dev's that know what is going on ?

Hope someone can help !

@stillbeer:

How can we create a big stink about this to get some smart Dev's going on the issue. Every person I have communicated with is a user like me who is just having the same problems over and over. There have been a few fixes offered, but NONE work successfully. Are we just going to have to bite the bullet and stay without Proximity & Light sensors forever??????

I wish someone would really be willing to dig deep into this to solve it, I will pay $$$$$$!!! I am VERY serious!
22nd May 2012, 10:02 PM   |  #6  
DonDizzurp's Avatar
Senior Member
The Internet
Thanks Meter: 398
 
2,315 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2009
bumpppppppppppppppp
16th June 2012, 09:02 AM   |  #7  
monopoint's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
Unhappy no luck yet
I seemd to get this bug after updating flashing new kernels and updating to ICS rom after being on GB MIUI with no problems.

I have tried everyting, flashing all ICS firmwares from the user friendly thread, super wipe, factory reset, manual wipes, format SD.
Tried Several ICS Roms including virtous, MIUI.us and Stock.

The sensors sometimes work for a brief period after reboot but will die after the phone goes to sleep a few times.
7th February 2013, 11:48 PM   |  #8  
HD Brian's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 10
 
25 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Well this thread has been dead for over half a year, but has anyone learned anything? I have a completely stock HTC Sensation 4g and now my proximity and light sensors are not working and the soft button backlights are not work. I have no idea if it happened after installing some app but I did a factory restore and that did not help at all.
1st April 2013, 07:37 PM   |  #9  
Junior Member
Flag Edinbuergh
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Brian

Well this thread has been dead for over half a year, but has anyone learned anything? I have a completely stock HTC Sensation 4g and now my proximity and light sensors are not working and the soft button backlights are not work. I have no idea if it happened after installing some app but I did a factory restore and that did not help at all.

I have the same problem . Sonsor really work when i in dark room, no light on. i its all after flashing my lovely ROM http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2115520


I have trying lot a things , and no resolutions .

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
button, light, proximity, sensor
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes