Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,791 Members 47,905 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SELFKANG ICS AOSP ROM] CM9/ICS for Droid 3 -- [BETA 2012-03-11]

Tip us?

The-Captain
Old
Recognized Themer / Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 3,178
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterkenobi View Post
Just saw in the changelog that there is a front facing camera fix. Is it working now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jediman View Post
Well, yes

Sent from my XT862 using xda premium
Awesome! I'm gonna go test this.

seventieslord
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Well, since this is beta and we are all technically beta testers, I thought I'd post a few little bugs and/or annoyances. not sure if they've been mentioned yet.

- In Trebuchet, even when "scroll wallpaper:" is selected, the wallpaper doesn't scroll.

- Am I supposed to be able to open the dock and icons menus for Trebuchet? because I can't.

- I have a flashlight app that works for this phone. it's just called "flashlight". I like to use a 1X1 widget to operate it, so that I have fast light when I need it. On ICS/CM9 when you hit the widget, it does turn on the light, but then it locks up the homescreen. Launcher completely stops responding, until you hit home button, then you can swipe around and turn off the light.

- The keyboard backlight and home/back/menu/search button lights seem to have a mind of their own as far as when they turn on. I can be sitting in darkness and they will not light up. I've had other roms with this problem, and I've solved it simply by closing the keyboard, locking the screen, unlocking, and reopening the keyboard. But that doesn't work here.

As for Trebuchet, it has promise and I have no doubt that the devs have the capability to make this the slickest launcher ever, but for now I have it neck and neck with ADW EX. Here's how I score it:

- Homekey to preview all your pages: +2 for ADW
- Ability to choose random transition instead of just committing to one: +1 for ADW
- More functional dock: +1 for ADW
- Better drawer (in particular the continuous scroll down): +1 for ADW
- Can change settings for icons and dock: +2 for ADW
- A bit more pleasing to the eye: +1 for Trebuchet
- Persistent search bar: +1 for Trebuchet (though the search button does this anyway)
- Awesome widget menu in drawer: +5 for Trebuchet (this is the only substantial difference in favour of either launcher)

So I went with Trebuchet because it was "packaged" in and didn't require another installed app. But it would be nice if more features/options were added here. Features/options are what CM is all about!

Battery life: maybe it's not great, but it's sure great compared to what I was coming from. I used 66% in 7.5 hours, all at dim screem, and according to the battery stats, WIFI was on the whole time and the screen was on 45% of the time. That would have killed my D2G running Apex ROM, no question. Plus I have a slim 1900 mAh battery coming so I'm looking at even better things.

The fact that this system has great things hardwired in, and is just better hardware, has allowed me to jettison widgetzoid, battery level, watchdog lite, 3g watchdog, and juice defender.

A fantastic Rom, and no doubt the major issues will be fixed in time (bluetooth loss of audio, video camera, video play). In the meantime, I am happy to live without them.
The Following User Says Thank You to seventieslord For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

atlantanetworkguy
Old
(Last edited by atlantanetworkguy; 25th March 2012 at 12:45 PM.)
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by seventieslord View Post
If you install CM9 and then all your apps, settings, contacts, etc, and a new nightly comes out and you flash it, does it overwrite everything or does just the CM9 nightly overwrite itself and leave all your stuff alone?
All you have to do is flash the nightly zip,(I also recommend flashing GoogleApps) and reboot. If you want more detail google the difference between wiping data, cache, and dalvik cache ... I think I spelled the last one right, its under the advanced menu of recovery. Search this forum and read before you use anything besides hash's safestrap as I have heard of inconsistent results. Fyi I am on 3/23 or so and have no issues. Like everyone says only issue really left is hw acceleration/video codec funtionality. Daily driver since Jan.

Sent from my XT862 using XDA

Ozguitar67
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by seventieslord View Post
If you install CM9 and then all your apps, settings, contacts, etc, and a new nightly comes out and you flash it, does it overwrite everything or does just the CM9 nightly overwrite itself and leave all your stuff alone?
I decided to look after my last update removed my gapps. I found that the last nightly I installed has a command to delete everything in the system directory as part of the install. So you would lose any apps in there and anything in the CM9 /system will be installed from the zip file. So you will have to flash gapps again. I believe everything in your /data directory should be fine. I don't remember for sure though; that stuff wasn't as important to me.

alvaro_castro
Old
Thanks Meter 4
HI, i have issues with the phone app.... the mic and speaker do not work. T.T

Suggestions?

touche112
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvaro_castro View Post

Suggestions?
Normally a simple reboot works.

danifunker
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 239

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvaro_castro View Post

Suggestions?
Which build are you on?

Sent from my XT860 on AOKP using xda premium
Need help restoring your Motorola phone back to stock firmware? Check out my tutorial here

The-Captain
Old
Recognized Themer / Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 3,178
Hashcode, how did you fix the rotation issue? I am having the same problem on my MIUI ICS rom build off this rom. When the keyboard is out, it is vertical and when the keyboard it in, it is horizontal. Thanks

Rennert
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by techno-update View Post
Hashcode, how did you fix the rotation issue? I am having the same problem on my MIUI ICS rom build off this rom. When the keyboard is out, it is vertical and when the keyboard it in, it is horizontal. Thanks
Rotation works perfectly;)

...Tapatalk

digitalsynner85
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennert View Post
Rotation works perfectly;)

...Tapatalk
he's talking about for another rom so that he could fix it in another rom he's building