Well, since this is beta and we are all technically beta testers, I thought I'd post a few little bugs and/or annoyances. not sure if they've been mentioned yet.
- In Trebuchet, even when "scroll wallpaper:" is selected, the wallpaper doesn't scroll.
- Am I supposed to be able to open the dock and icons menus for Trebuchet? because I can't.
- I have a flashlight app that works for this phone. it's just called "flashlight". I like to use a 1X1 widget to operate it, so that I have fast light when I need it. On ICS/CM9 when you hit the widget, it does turn on the light, but then it locks up the homescreen. Launcher completely stops responding, until you hit home button, then you can swipe around and turn off the light.
- The keyboard backlight and home/back/menu/search button lights seem to have a mind of their own as far as when they turn on. I can be sitting in darkness and they will not light up. I've had other roms with this problem, and I've solved it simply by closing the keyboard, locking the screen, unlocking, and reopening the keyboard. But that doesn't work here.
As for Trebuchet, it has promise and I have no doubt that the devs have the capability to make this the slickest launcher ever, but for now I have it neck and neck with ADW EX. Here's how I score it:
- Homekey to preview all your pages: +2 for ADW
- Ability to choose random transition instead of just committing to one: +1 for ADW
- More functional dock: +1 for ADW
- Better drawer (in particular the continuous scroll down): +1 for ADW
- Can change settings for icons and dock: +2 for ADW
- A bit more pleasing to the eye: +1 for Trebuchet
- Persistent search bar: +1 for Trebuchet (though the search button does this anyway)
- Awesome widget menu in drawer: +5 for Trebuchet (this is the only substantial difference in favour of either launcher)
So I went with Trebuchet because it was "packaged" in and didn't require another installed app. But it would be nice if more features/options were added here. Features/options are what CM is all about!
Battery life: maybe it's not great, but it's sure great compared to what I was coming from. I used 66% in 7.5 hours, all at dim screem, and according to the battery stats, WIFI was on the whole time and the screen was on 45% of the time. That would have killed my D2G running Apex ROM, no question. Plus I have a slim 1900 mAh battery coming so I'm looking at even better things.
The fact that this system has great things hardwired in, and is just better hardware, has allowed me to jettison widgetzoid, battery level, watchdog lite, 3g watchdog, and juice defender.
A fantastic Rom, and no doubt the major issues will be fixed in time (bluetooth loss of audio, video camera, video play). In the meantime, I am happy to live without them.