Tip us?

antp121
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2061

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyda256 View Post
I understand doubters, and odds are likely against us, but that's ok, no one person can do it, and maybe not just one method, but somehow we WILL get to our goal. Whether Motorola capitulates or we find a method to crack it, we will not have this awesome hardware go to waste.

I am not generally a "black hat" kind of person, but in this case we are in the right so far as I am concerned (please don't quote DMCA BS to me, lol) because they made a promise to their customers, and it will be kept, whether they like it or not.

So, I am with the above poster that mention he didn't know quite where to start, or where we have already made progress, but if someone can help us out, explain the process, we figure out how to move forward. (Please forgive the run-on sentence).

I've minimal experience programming, only VB.net, C++, and a bit of Java from college, and I do tier 2 desktop support for a bank these days, but on my off time I'd love to spend it on something worthwhile, all of you deserve this, and we'll make it happen.

Maybe it's the troubleshooter in me that sees the problem and says "oh no, there's a way, we just need to find it". I have a colleague, the one I spoke of before, he has a knack for doing incredible things, so once we have a breakdown of what we need to do, perhaps he can be of help.

So my friends, where do we go from here?
guys, this could help if we cant find anything link (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1519448) this says that theyhave found a way to bypass the bootloader on the RAZR. this find could help us in the future

_base2
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by antp121 View Post
guys, this could help if we cant find anything link (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1519448) this says that theyhave found a way to bypass the bootloader on the RAZR. this find could help us in the future
Yes kholk is indeed working on kexec for the CDMA RAZR. I honestly have faith that he'll do it. He is a kernel ninja.

But this is still not an unlocked bootloader. I'm tired of great people using their time and energy just to get something to work against the wishes of an oppressive manufacturer, only to lose hope in the fight.

Historically, mbm has been a good resource to the bootloader fight... but I haven't heard from him in awhile. Anyone know him well enough to reach out?

[ sent from _base2 ]

king..kranium
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Um. Can this work for us? I remember people saying brute force wont work... if anyone wants to try ill donate the $2.10.

Cyanogenmod

Srambo217
Old
Thanks Meter 43
I will support this with monies and bandwidth.

Sent from my DROID X2 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to Srambo217 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hpark21
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I read into this further in regards to the Moto phones.

Issue here is that there is no public hash KEY to even TRY to find the passkey for the phone as far as I can see. Which means, we can only brute force test it via trying to install the partition and boot which is not feasible.

Of course, I may be wrong, maybe there is a hash key string/file which we can try to break within the software environment.

I am not really familiar with the phone boot process nor have ability to look INSIDE the .sbf file so I don't know the process of how the signature verification process is implemented.

My understanding is though, there is a way to overwrite boot loader through .sbf process as well. (I hear that there are few phones which had boot loader upgraded/updated) which MAY just be something people to look into in order to install custom boot loader which does not check the signature OR use known signature check?

_base2
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpark21 View Post
I read into this further in regards to the Moto phones.

Issue here is that there is no public hash KEY to even TRY to find the passkey for the phone as far as I can see. Which means, we can only brute force test it via trying to install the partition and boot which is not feasible.

Of course, I may be wrong, maybe there is a hash key string/file which we can try to break within the software environment.

I am not really familiar with the phone boot process nor have ability to look INSIDE the .sbf file so I don't know the process of how the signature verification process is implemented.

My understanding is though, there is a way to overwrite boot loader through .sbf process as well. (I hear that there are few phones which had boot loader upgraded/updated) which MAY just be something people to look into in order to install custom boot loader which does not check the signature OR use known signature check?
I just realized this was for the X2... I thought I was in the Droid Razr section ^_^

Regardless, I would love to see ALL the locked moto bootloaders cracked and unlocked! But yes, I do think you're right about not being able to overwrite the bootloader. Only the last couple of phones released have an upgradeable bootloader (Droid Razr, 4) to my knowledge.

ashclepdia
Old
Thanks Meter 1369
I've said it before, I'll say it again
how much would it cost to just HIRE anonymous to crack it lol
Off topic gone??? Mods got you down??? Visit motcher41's
Google+ Droid Friends & General Help Community
Anyone and virtually anything welcome there!
My GALAXY NEXUS(huzzah!) is running

Don't get left in the dark!
The Following User Says Thank You to ashclepdia For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

_base2
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashclepdia View Post
I've said it before, I'll say it again
how much would it cost to just HIRE anonymous to crack it lol
I'm all for this. I think if they get involved then we can pull some serious weight. Maybe we can start asking (tweeting) for their help? And tell them about the bait and switch BS Motorola pulled on their users...

[ sent from _base2 ]

_base2
Old
(Last edited by _base2; 25th March 2012 at 11:02 PM.) Reason: double post
Thanks Meter 41
double post...

antp121
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2061

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by _base2 View Post
I'm all for this. I think if they get involved then we can pull some serious weight. Maybe we can start asking (tweeting) for their help? And tell them about the bait and switch BS Motorola pulled on their users...

[ sent from _base2 ]
that could work now that we think about it. if anon could bring down government sites, this would be a walk in the park.