5,598,908 Members 30,527 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] CWM Recovery Error (status 0)

Tip us?

FirmShark
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Default [Q] CWM Recovery Error (status 0)

Tried customizing a ROM the other day using dsixda's kitchen utility and after I built the ROM and signed it, I tried flashing. It would open the zip file no problem but after a few seconds while hanging on the installing update, it says error flashing update and there's a line stating "(status 0)". My guess is that I have done something wrong when customizing the ROM.

I have a Nexus S with CWM 5.0.2.3. Does anyone know what this error is and if possible help me solve it?

Thanks

unimatrix725
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirmShark View Post
Tried customizing a ROM the other day using dsixda's kitchen utility and after I built the ROM and signed it, I tried flashing. It would open the zip file no problem but after a few seconds while hanging on the installing update, it says error flashing update and there's a line stating "(status 0)". My guess is that I have done something wrong when customizing the ROM.

I have a Nexus S with CWM 5.0.2.3. Does anyone know what this error is and if possible help me solve it?

Thanks
I am on 2.3.4 Rooted and Made a Titanium Backup 4.8.2 update.zip and a TitaniumBackup-4.8.2.zip. Tried restoring from cwm (DroidX2 BootStrap) and it also fails with a Error In /sdcard/*.*.zip (STATUS 0). I chose to make seperate zips one to restore as a System app and the other as User app. I noticed the sign option was greyed out in titanium. I assume it is related with the dsixda's kitchen utility not being installed? It may possibly be due to a missing zip signer, which is doubtful I thought that no one could sign x2 zips?
So we are more or less in the same boat. When I searched for the error via google your post was the first link! If you have any update or suggestions please post back!
Please Push Thanks if I was helpful. That Button Next To Quote Button. Thank You for thanking me!