[Q] CWM Recovery Error (status 0)

OP FirmShark

9th January 2012, 04:58 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Livingston
Thanks Meter: 17

176 posts
More
Tried customizing a ROM the other day using dsixda's kitchen utility and after I built the ROM and signed it, I tried flashing. It would open the zip file no problem but after a few seconds while hanging on the installing update, it says error flashing update and there's a line stating "(status 0)". My guess is that I have done something wrong when customizing the ROM.

I have a Nexus S with CWM 5.0.2.3. Does anyone know what this error is and if possible help me solve it?

Thanks
25th March 2012, 09:19 PM   |  #2  
Flag Big Stoned Gap, VA
Thanks Meter: 20

122 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirmShark

Tried customizing a ROM the other day using dsixda's kitchen utility and after I built the ROM and signed it, I tried flashing. It would open the zip file no problem but after a few seconds while hanging on the installing update, it says error flashing update and there's a line stating "(status 0)". My guess is that I have done something wrong when customizing the ROM.

I have a Nexus S with CWM 5.0.2.3. Does anyone know what this error is and if possible help me solve it?

Thanks

I am on 2.3.4 Rooted and Made a Titanium Backup 4.8.2 update.zip and a TitaniumBackup-4.8.2.zip. Tried restoring from cwm (DroidX2 BootStrap) and it also fails with a Error In /sdcard/*.*.zip (STATUS 0). I chose to make seperate zips one to restore as a System app and the other as User app. I noticed the sign option was greyed out in titanium. I assume it is related with the dsixda's kitchen utility not being installed? It may possibly be due to a missing zip signer, which is doubtful I thought that no one could sign x2 zips?
So we are more or less in the same boat. When I searched for the error via google your post was the first link! If you have any update or suggestions please post back!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread