Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[GUIDE] How to upgrade, root & flash Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 [DOWNLOAD LINKS | CWM5]

OP hubix

26th March 2012, 11:41 AM   |  #711  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
27 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by trushers

try choosing install zip from sd card..

Are you sure? Just nervous because could I brick my phone from overwriting the clockmod version?
26th March 2012, 12:10 PM   |  #712  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
113 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorfLFC

Are you sure? Just nervous because could I brick my phone from overwriting the clockmod version?

yes.. because update on sd card option wants your to rename the .zip file to update.zip.. its just the same..
The Following User Says Thank You to trushers For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th March 2012, 05:54 PM   |  #713  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
27 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by trushers

yes.. because update on sd card option wants your to rename the .zip file to update.zip.. its just the same..


Thanks it works!, Sorry about all the bother I've caused you .... Which Custom ROM would you now reccommend? There so much to choose from and I like Cynaogen but also beats audio....

When installing Custom ROM do I need to take out my sim card or anything?
26th March 2012, 07:48 PM   |  #714  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
113 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorfLFC

Thanks it works!, Sorry about all the bother I've caused you .... Which Custom ROM would you now reccommend? There so much to choose from and I like Cynaogen but also beats audio....

When installing Custom ROM do I need to take out my sim card or anything?

nah.. its okay sir.. im noob also like u.. many here will help.. i cant recommend custom roms its because im not using one.. just try it your self.. they say.. try everything until it suits your taste.. installing a custom rom depende on the instructions itself.. try visiting the development section.. good luck on flashing..
The Following User Says Thank You to trushers For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th March 2012, 07:59 PM   |  #715  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
27 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by trushers

nah.. its okay sir.. im noob also like u.. many here will help.. i cant recommend custom roms its because im not using one.. just try it your self.. they say.. try everything until it suits your taste.. installing a custom rom depende on the instructions itself.. try visiting the development section.. good luck on flashing..

Thanks mate all the best!!
27th March 2012, 07:58 AM   |  #716  
Senior Member
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 65
 
395 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hubix


E. Rooting for 2.3.3/2.3.4/2.3.5/2.3.6/2.3.7 (Thanks to russian forum-user with nickname may213) (if it doesn't work try D method):
1) Download attached file called upd_1.zip and copy it to your sdcard
2) Turn off your phone
3) Press POWER+HOME BUTTON
4) Select update from sdcard, select the file upd_1.zip
5) After the update completed - reboot
6) Now you have rooted S5830

!

could somebody clarify me, if this is a CF-root ?

I have rooted my phone using this method..

While flashing tweaks, the basic requirment seems to be CF root.. so as a noob am not sure if this is CF-root. plz somebody clarify
27th March 2012, 12:16 PM   |  #717  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
113 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlessxavier

could somebody clarify me, if this is a CF-root ?

I have rooted my phone using this method..

While flashing tweaks, the basic requirment seems to be CF root.. so as a noob am not sure if this is CF-root. plz somebody clarify

no in this thread there is no cf root.. heres a link for cf root if you want..
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1158197
31st March 2012, 12:27 PM   |  #718  
Ghost1391's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 16
 
112 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
hey i get this error while trying to root the phone r even when trying to install clockwork .............error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip (status 7) plz help ty version 2.3.6
Last edited by Ghost1391; 31st March 2012 at 12:30 PM.
31st March 2012, 07:25 PM   |  #719  
thedisturbedone's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Everywhere
Thanks Meter: 266
 
847 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost1391

hey i get this error while trying to root the phone r even when trying to install clockwork .............error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip (status 7) plz help ty version 2.3.6

http://androidforums.com/verizon-gal...look-here.html

look here
15th April 2012, 10:56 AM   |  #720  
manrock111's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Internet
Thanks Meter: 143
 
945 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Donate to Me
More
i have installed CWM5 from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1034145

then installed miracle v2

now when i restart system it stuck at android word written on screen?

Anyone please help me out?
Last edited by manrock111; 15th April 2012 at 10:59 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cf-root, cfroot, rooting, samfirmware, soc
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes