THE ORIGINAL Bacon Talk...Strictly Bacon

Search This thread

marsdta

May 9, 2011
So I have an idea of a meal I like to try. I was thinking of making a Bacon Burger but with a twist.

Ive already done mixing half cooked Bacon into my beef patties then grilling and topping it with more Bacon. What I want to try is making buns with Bacon in it.

I've never made bread, so could I just add Bacon to a bread recipe? Has anyone made Bacon buns? If so any advice?

Reactions: ashies7

Wulamoc

Feb 20, 2012
Pretty much just adding Pre-cooked bacon to your dough would do it for bacon buns. I usually just add onion, but I am liking your thinking.

I do want to point out that the first thing I thought of was a flat-weaves of Bacon used AS the bun itself... this is also tempting (but would need a little something so the mustard or bbq sause doesn't leak through the cracks)

ashies7

Apr 29, 2011
Missouri
How to make a bacon bun....

Get lots and lots if bacon

Boil it

Then get ya a good bunch of it on the griddle.

Flat press it until its hard, then turn and repeat.
(if you have a meat press, this would be best, it would cook on both sides at once ;) )

On the road of life, you can have your bacon, and eat it to!!!

Wulamoc

Feb 20, 2012
So, I just watched Jay Leno (not common for me) and he did a bit on the Bacon Flavored Effervescent Tablets...

They didn't even effervesce (?) in the water...

:(

And here I had been considering them so I could get a bacon fix while on the road.

Reactions: ashies7

cwhitney24

Jun 12, 2011
Daphne, AL
I have arrived back from my vacation. The bacon pope is back! I did a driving tour of parts of Mississippi. Saw Elvis birth home, bought a new guitar, saw many outdoor Indian sites from the past...just had an overall great time. Now back to the bacon grind.

I got your 10 char right here

Rocking bacon...ics style

Pick_A_Name

May 14, 2011
Dallas, TX
I have arrived back from my vacation. The bacon pope is back! I did a driving tour of parts of Mississippi. Saw Elvis birth home, bought a new guitar, saw many outdoor Indian sites from the past...just had an overall great time. Now back to the bacon grind.

I'm glad you had a baconlicious time!

Absolution 3.7 /Redemption A4.0

Reactions: cwhitney24

MMM-BACONSTRIPS

Sep 7, 2011
Philadelphia

WELCOME HOME MY BACONINESS! I trust the baconmobile picked you up from the airport on time? glad you had a nice time! The bacon following was lost in your absence.

I'm glad you had a baconlicious time!

Absolution 3.7 /Redemption A4.0

I see what you did there, no matter what others say about you man, you're alright in my book!:D:D

pazzo02

May 17, 2011
Chicago area

I was starting to wonder why this thread has been slowing down. Now I know. Welcome back.

papa bewr

Mar 17, 2011
Vancouver, Wa

What kinda guitar you get? I bet the neck looks like a piece of bacon. That would be cool.:D

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using xda premium

redneck_666

Feb 5, 2011
Covington, WA
Welcome back! Here's a present..

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1332385455959.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1332385455959.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 105
Reactions: cwhitney24
G

GuestK007

They may take our lives, but they will never take.....OUR BAAAAAACCCCOOOOONNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!

if you were just thinking "oh we should do a bunch of movie lines with bacon in them" then this post is for you!!! haha

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok...everyone I am Chris. I am a bacon addict. People here on xda have come to know me as the Bacon Pope. This thread started as a way to have a place for people to come to relax in the Inspire 4G threads...but it has gone so much farther now. Look through these pages and find SO much bacon!

In this thread we will allow all this bacon...and nothing else. Bacon was a gift handed down to us by the bacon gods and should not be taken lightly. We must harness its awesome power.

bacon.jpg

The Bacon Commandments:

1: You may have other gods, but Bacon should always be the awesomest one you believe.
    2: Thou shalt not consume imitation Bacon.
    3: Thou shalt spread the word of Bacon to all.
    4: Thou shalt not consider Bacon on the same level as any other food, as it is above all.
    5: Thou shalt not think of a pig as a pig...but as growing bacon.
    6: You shall not leave Bacon at your plate, eat it all.
    7: More to come...

Recipe of the week

IMG_0970_zps28659670.jpg

Bacon Explosion WITH CHEESE

Things you will need are:

2 pounds of thick cut style bacon (2 packages)
    2 pounds of sausage
    Your Favorite BBQ sauce
    Your Favorite pork rub seasoning
    Pepperoni (Deli sliced thin)
    Prosciutto (Deli sliced thin)
    Capiccola Ham (Deli sliced thin)
    Velveeta Cheese
    Jalapenos (Diced Marinated)

For this one I am just going to link the directions. I could type the directions but the site has some great pics to guide you. ENJOY! I made one of these last summer and...wow...amazing!

http://www.gourmetfoodgarden.com/wordpress/how-to-build-a-better-bacon-explosion/

ENJOY

baconsig-1.png

I am a proud member of PETA - People Eating Tasty Animals
    I've been throwing around the idea of getting a tattoo and I want to get bacon on my stomach. Accordingly I asked the girlfriend if she would kindly get a grill surface tattooed on her stomach so when we, ya know, I can ask her if she wants to make bacon instead of love. She respectfully asked me sleep on the couch. damn.
    Spreading the bacon love this morning.

sent from my Galaxy Nexus while eating bacon
    I just found out that flappjaxxx is a member of PETA and also is a vegetarian!!! BURN HIM!!!

I am a member of peta...the people for eating tasty animals!

Rocking Abso bacon...ics style