Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Guys... which is good Sensation or SAMSUNG Galaxy SII?

OP sam razzy

19th March 2012, 11:47 PM   |  #51  
Thanks Meter: 1,182

3,223 posts
Donate to Me
More
Such a great question to ask in the SENSATION forum isnt it
19th March 2012, 11:51 PM   |  #52  
Thanks Meter: 6

100 posts
I thought the same at first but by judging the amount of unbiased posts it seems like he got the right response

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using xda premium
26th March 2012, 06:13 AM   |  #53  
Thanks Meter: 16

217 posts
Just buy both
26th March 2012, 06:21 AM   |  #54  
Flag Sacramento
Thanks Meter: 27

147 posts
More
Sensation. Even objectively. Check the bench marks. Of course sensation just gets better with a custom ROM. Plus, it has a solid feel to the phone compared to galaxy. I flashed below mentioned ROM which came with a clocked up kernel, CPU now at 1.6ghz. Many other ROMs as well.

Sent from my HTC Sensation ARHD 6.5.3 XE. FAST
26th March 2012, 08:41 AM   |  #55  
Thanks Meter: 156

1,048 posts
Well i have used S2 and sold it to bought Sensation XE. I would say S2 is indeed a beast in terms of Raw Power. XE on the other hand gives the premium feel in terms of software and UI.
S2 is better in multimedia handling like video playing and all. Specially i have noticed that S2 is way ahead in handling of full high definition videos whereas sensation stutter even while playing 720p mkv files. i am really disappointed in this area with sensation.
But on the brighter side audio quality of sensation is way ahead of the S2. Simply mind blowing.
So its your choice whether you want to take S2 or sensation. One more thing though. Sensation also suffers from dust under the screen. Its a serious design issue. cannot be ignored.
26th March 2012, 04:07 PM   |  #56  
Thanks Meter: 6

46 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickporwal

Well i have used S2 and sold it to bought Sensation XE. I would say S2 is indeed a beast in terms of Raw Power. XE on the other hand gives the premium feel in terms of software and UI.
S2 is better in multimedia handling like video playing and all. Specially i have noticed that S2 is way ahead in handling of full high definition videos whereas sensation stutter even while playing 720p mkv files. i am really disappointed in this area with sensation.
But on the brighter side audio quality of sensation is way ahead of the S2. Simply mind blowing.
So its your choice whether you want to take S2 or sensation. One more thing though. Sensation also suffers from dust under the screen. Its a serious design issue. cannot be ignored.

I have the sensation xe and a friend of mine has the S2. With the full hd movies/clips handling you are right, if you stick to the stock rom. I've flashed the HyperNonSense 1.5 rom and it's a HUGE improvement. Clips in 1080p are played easily and I get better scores on every benchmark than my friend with his s2.
The Following User Says Thank You to MrMessi10 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th March 2012, 12:58 AM   |  #57  
Thanks Meter: 1

30 posts
Sensation!
27th March 2012, 01:11 AM   |  #58  
Flag Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 160

894 posts
More
I wouldn't take Samsung even someone give me that like a gift.
My friend has SGSII, and it looks so cheap, comparing my XE750.
Samsung makes microvawe havens and washing machines.
27th March 2012, 01:33 AM   |  #59  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 235

1,270 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tin2404

I wouldn't take Samsung even someone give me that like a gift.
My friend has SGSII, and it looks so cheap, comparing my XE750.
Samsung makes microvawe havens and washing machines.

I do agree that SGSII doesn't have the quality feel that the Sensation does.

But why should it matter if they make microwaves and washing machines? That division of their business is practically another company. I think they also do insurance and shipbuilding IIRC.

Either way, their consumer tech products have been generally good in my experience regardless of what else they branch out too.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk
27th March 2012, 01:52 AM   |  #60  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 22

334 posts
More
Feel like I've been in this thread before, but in the SGSII forum...

I own both, and I bought the Sensation after the SGSII. It had to do with dev support and build. HTC products feel like equipment: they're sturdy, metal and rubber - built to last. Samsung: not so much. More like lightweight, easy to slip out of the hand without a case.

The Tmo SGSII forum is a gotdamn mess. All kinds of kids crying in there and devs leaving (see thederekjay). Terrible that its really no ones fault since the dev's hands are tied and GB Touchwiz roms are all you're really going to get for now.

In here - the development scene has been buzzing for months. Off the charts with how much has gone on in here since this device was launched. Anywhere that rmk40 devs, I am sure to follow.

Either way, for me both phones are just waiting to eventually be sold before they're not valued as high, as I see the next best thing may be the One series.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread