Firefox OS Architecture and Collaboration Opportunities w/ Asa Dotzler – XDA:DevCon 2014

We were privileged to host many presentations … more

Unofficial Android 4.4 Lands on Three Mediatek Devices

For the last few years, devices with MTK systems-on-chip haven’t received much … more

MultiImagePicker Library for Multiple Image Selection

App developmentcan be done in more than a handful of ways. You can write every single … more

Shoot Troubles, Not Users w/ Alex Boag-Munroe – XDA:DevCon 2014

In presenting the various sessions from XDA:DevCon 2014, weve mainly … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Green power vs. Juice defender

OP 4dfl4

8th July 2011, 06:52 AM   |  #21  
Flag Tennessee
Thanks Meter: 215

1,465 posts
Donate to Me
More
I've used both. I personally like green power better. Its a little more user friendly. I did have a friends with an optima s who used green power and it broke his wifi. Had to do a factory reset to fix it. Works great on my thunderbolt though.

Sent from my rooted stock HTC Thunderbolt using Swype
12th July 2011, 07:15 AM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 0

30 posts
More
i am using juice defender ultimate so far it gives ma an additional 1.5 hrs of battery life
23rd March 2012, 11:17 AM   |  #23  
Flag durban,south africa
Thanks Meter: 28

272 posts
More
green power works flawlessly
23rd March 2012, 03:13 PM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 28

196 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dfl4

Does anyone use Green power or Juice defender app on thunderbolt, and if so is it really saving battery life and are they working ok .

These types of apps save battery by turning off data, when the phone is not in use. For me, that basically doubles my battery life.

Neither of the two apps above worked that reliably for me, however battery defender has been great. Very simple, and reliable.
23rd March 2012, 07:20 PM   |  #25  
Flag Tennessee
Thanks Meter: 215

1,465 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosrrgood

These types of apps save battery by turning off data, when the phone is not in use. For me, that basically doubles my battery life.

Neither of the two apps above worked that reliably for me, however battery defender has been great. Very simple, and reliable.

Exactly right. These apps only save you battery WHEN YOU AREN'T USING YOUR PHONE. If you use your phone heavily, they won't help much. Before I got my extended battery, green power worked get well for me, but I find I don't need it now.

Sent from my ADR6400L using xda premium
24th March 2012, 02:02 AM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 1

37 posts
Juice defender works. Run it for a few days, then take it off. Youll see the difference

25th March 2012, 08:45 PM   |  #27  
Flag Staten Island, NY
Thanks Meter: 96

513 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmolloy

Juice defender works. Run it for a few days, then take it off. Youll see the difference

All its doing is shutting off services apps that you are not using at the moment. You can do that manually and save a little more power.

Just think, you could make shortcuts onto your homescreen and shut off the same services it does and save the same power plus save a little more power because you dont have the juice defender app or whatever your using running in the back ground.

Personally for me, I bought the phone to take advantage of what it can do, I dont want to have to add extra steps just to get my location working or use gps. When you buy one of these phones, you should expect battery to be an issue if you plan on using it alot.

Im not trying top knock anyone here at all as each user has their own reason or obstacle that may give them a need for this but for the normal user, they put so much time and effort into finding the exact settings that are going to save them an hour or 2 when they simply could add a rezound battery or the extended battery and not worry about anything and use the phone the way it should be.

If you are against the bulk size thats added, before you get caught up on it, you really should try it. After a few days you wont even notice it and most actually wind up liking the grip and feel...
26th March 2012, 07:31 PM   |  #28  
Thanks Meter: 58

336 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocker23

All its doing is shutting off services apps that you are not using at the moment. You can do that manually and save a little more power.

Just think, you could make shortcuts onto your homescreen and shut off the same services it does and save the same power plus save a little more power because you dont have the juice defender app or whatever your using running in the back ground.

Personally for me, I bought the phone to take advantage of what it can do, I dont want to have to add extra steps just to get my location working or use gps. When you buy one of these phones, you should expect battery to be an issue if you plan on using it alot.

Im not trying top knock anyone here at all as each user has their own reason or obstacle that may give them a need for this but for the normal user, they put so much time and effort into finding the exact settings that are going to save them an hour or 2 when they simply could add a rezound battery or the extended battery and not worry about anything and use the phone the way it should be.

If you are against the bulk size thats added, before you get caught up on it, you really should try it. After a few days you wont even notice it and most actually wind up liking the grip and feel...

Thats true but these apps automate that to your liking so you never forget to do it. It would be annoying to do it all manually everytime i pick up and put down my phone.

I use juice defender and it works well for me. Only problem i have is when it lowers network mode down from 4g it doesnt go back to 4g unless i do it manually.

7th May 2012, 12:38 AM   |  #29  
Thanks Meter: 11

78 posts
More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...4#post24202674

On page 2 of this thread xcrazydx said that juice defender uses up more power than it saves because it's a process that runs in the background. That being said, I also use setcpu to save power and it runs as a process.

I'm not sure about what xcrazydx said is true but can anyone with knowledge about juice defender elaborate on whether or not this is true or not?
7th May 2012, 01:36 AM   |  #30  
Flag Croydon, PA
Thanks Meter: 371

8,305 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartnphone

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...4#post24202674

On page 2 of this thread xcrazydx said that juice defender uses up more power than it saves because it's a process that runs in the background. That being said, I also use setcpu to save power and it runs as a process.

I'm not sure about what xcrazydx said is true but can anyone with knowledge about juice defender elaborate on whether or not this is true or not?

Its bullshiat. Green power and juicedefender have added hours to a single charge on the bolt, and almost a day on my old incredible. Just because its a process doesn't mean it is battery intensive. Its not like it keeps the CPU pegged at 100% constantly. Don't trust anyone that uses x's before and after thief user name IMHO. They're usually 14, and a virgin

Sent from my ADR6400L
Last edited by watt9493; 7th May 2012 at 05:37 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to watt9493 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread