[ROM][Neo/V][GB] [Not maintained] Spacious, smooth, light 0.62 [06-Apr-12]
For my ICS ROM, go here -> t=1603919
1. What is so special about this ROM?
The main feature is 390 MB
is free on /data
for your apps!
This is the highest free on any custom ROM for the Neo V.
2. How is this made possible?
a) This ROM has been ODEXed. Hence all dalvik files for system apk's are in the /system
b) Dalvik-cache has been moved to the /cache
3. Why ODEX the ROM?
a) ODEX ROM's load up faster the first time
b) ODEX'ed system apks do not create .dex files in dalvik-cache, hence size of dalvik-cache decreases. This is required so that there is enough room on the /cache partition for the dalvik-cache also.
4. What are the features of this ROM?
- Based on stock .62 firmware for Neo V
- Rooted and busybox (latest su binary and Superuser.apk)
- 12 Notification toggles with QuickPanel app for editing them.
- Zipaligned (and script)
- All included apps updated to latest version.
- Many bloatware apps removed (see the attached list, i can post them on request)
- ES File explorer, No Frills CPU control added
- Google maps navigation unlocked for the whole world - credits brutall,ownhere.
- Battery life is very good (thanks to the Night-elf kernel)
- Many init.d scripts for smoothness and battery life.
- UOT kitchen compatible
5. Where to get this ROM?
Download (Mediafire - 128 MB)
Patch for Xperia Neo
- Not tested, please try and give feedback!
Xperia S Mega Pack -> Details and Download
Custom Battery -> Details and Download
Transparent Status bar + Toggles -> Download
Xperia S Dialler Asterix Fix -> Download - (Update 2012-04-06) - Credits Soheil_rf
6. How to install this ROM.
7. Any disadvantages of ODEX'ed ROM?
- Copy Downloaded files to SD card.
- Flash Night-elf's kernel for stock (latest version 9) [ Instructions ]
- Enter recovery by pressing the back key when you see the blue light.
- If you were not on stock/stock-based ROM, wipe Data is safer [ AFTER NANDROID BACKUP ]
- Install zip followed by any addon required.
- Reboot to you new Spacious, Smooth and Lightwieght ROM :)
The only disadvantage is that you cannot install custom themes on the ROM.
But, mind you, UOT kitchen
can be used to change a lot of the UI.
8. But why not use Link2SD or Dalvik2SD?
It has its own problems, most important being io speeds from the card and problems when card is removed.
9. Any reviews?
"Jus one word to say "awesome"..hats off..!
Looking very long time for this kind of rom..jus perfect buddy..keep it up..everything works fine..
Cheers..!" - abirokz
"Now this ROM is beyond imagination its insanly fast then the STOCK !!!" - piku2008
"Rom is lagfree and stable. Battery life is also good." -archijit
"this rom is the best one of the custom rom i install . Many thanks
" - quachvidat
"Clean, Neat, Simple and Fast. I didn't event see my phone work like this when i bought it.
Great work done mate, hats of to you !!!
" - karthicvkn
"No issues here as well. Am using lite Night-elf 9.6. Very stable, smooth ROM.
Peace of mind! Thanks shardul_seth
" - palimatix
"This rom is best by far. It's smooth, light, and have very nice performance + great battery life" - sspoko
YOU SIR ARE A LEGEND, as far as i am concerned you are my god. this rom not only is SUPER SMOOTH but it also has amazing battery life and plays temple run AMAZINGLY. - moonytoonyking
10. Why is "Premium" in the title?
Because there is no re-branding.. The about screen is exactly like stock ROM - no strange names there
11. No donate button?
You wont find that on any of my threads.
And also, this is my daily driver ROM, made for me. I am just sharing it with the hope that it will be useful to somebody else.
Also, all credits to the kernel dev and all those who made custom ROM's possible! If you still want to donate, please PM me for the link.
Phone ....: Xperia Neo V
ROM ......: Spacious Smooth ICS -> PAC JB ROM
SDCard....: 16GB Class 4 Sandisk
My Apps: [APP] USB OTG Helper (MAJOR UPDATE)
[Neo/V] Spacious, smooth, light GB
and ICS 4.0.4
My Kernels: Suave Kernel
and Super Stock ICS
Composed/Posted with WYSIWYG BBCode Editor