[ROM][ICS][4.0.3][3-22-12][WIP] ics-deck-evo [pre-beta7]

Search This thread

94tbird

Jun 19, 2007
Am I correct that atyoungs a2sd fix not working properly with pb9? Flashed it and broke wifi as well as access to market. Anyone else or just on my end?

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

I had the same results as you.

its working perfectly fine for me. Make sure you flash his provided DTA2SD and not the latest ones. Wifi a2sd and market all work

also you need to do in terminal

su
mkdir /cache/download

otherwise market doesnt work,.

iiiiaann

Jul 29, 2010
What kernel is everyone using this ROM and what are the benefits of that Kernel? I was just wondering which kernel was best to use with this ROM

sednafx

Aug 11, 2011
Jacksonville
its working perfectly fine for me. Make sure you flash his provided DTA2SD and not the latest ones. Wifi a2sd and market all work

also you need to do in terminal

su
mkdir /cache/download

otherwise market doesnt work,.

I used the Dta2sd that was provided. What pb are you using? What's your hw version?

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using Tapatalk

sednafx

Aug 11, 2011
Jacksonville
What kernel is everyone using this ROM and what are the benefits of that Kernel? I was just wondering which kernel was best to use with this ROM

I am using tiamat SBC 031412. It has SBC and additional governers. I am sure there are more features but those are main ones I am concerned with.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using Tapatalk

qccoles

Mar 18, 2011
Why does it seem like it's losing it smoothness? Back when I flashed it at pb5 it was amazing....now things such as the launcher are laggy.

theultimatev

Jul 22, 2010
Indiana
www.vinayakvedantam.com
Why does it seem like it's losing it smoothness? Back when I flashed it at pb5 it was amazing....now things such as the launcher are laggy.

Perhaps because you have some doubled up stuff in your build.prop or from multiple flashings one on top of another. Try wiping everything and re-flashing. It's a pain, but whenever you have major changes in system files its best to full wipe. Pb 8 works really well for me. It's my daily driver

tristandespain

Jul 3, 2011
Does anyone have a link to the a2sd hack and a2sd? I had the same results as listed previously with wifi and market not working. Just want to make sure I flash the right files

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using xda premium

PhxkinMassacre

Dec 4, 2010
Lemont
did this rom get full 100% HWA? i haven't run this in a while and i know the reason youtube didn't work very well was because of no HWA but i just flashed pb9 and youtube works fine! so just curious haha this may be my daily for a little bit :D

vettejock99

Feb 25, 2006
Austin, TX and Orange County, CA
a2sd breaks bluetooth on pb9 here

I flashed the correct fix and apps2sd provided earlier in the thread over a super-wiped fresh pb9 install, made the cache/download directory and market and wifi work fine here - but bluetooth doesn't. i've confirmed that pb9 bluetooth works, but then if i reboot to flash the fix it breaks it. repeated the test 4-5 times same results. Gets stuck on turning bluetooth on, though again wifi and everything else seem fine. Anyone else?

xdp

Nov 30, 2010
With the recent Desk's ROMs, you should be able to control that in the auto brightness settings now with custom levels.

I tried this, thinking it would work as it did on CM7. Instead, even if I set every level to 255 for the buttons, when I turn auto-brightness off, the button lights don't come on with the screen.

94tbird

Jun 19, 2007
I flashed the correct fix and apps2sd provided earlier in the thread over a super-wiped fresh pb9 install, made the cache/download directory and market and wifi work fine here - but bluetooth doesn't. i've confirmed that pb9 bluetooth works, but then if i reboot to flash the fix it breaks it. repeated the test 4-5 times same results. Gets stuck on turning bluetooth on, though again wifi and everything else seem fine. Anyone else?

my bluetooth working flawlessly with a motorola s9 headset and my pioneer navi in the car on pb9 wit hat youngs dta2sd fix

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i will update this post when the time comes. for now, feel free to run any of my test builds located here:
    http://dev-host.org/users/deck/609/ics-evo
    pb7 - fixed camera preview.

enjoy,
    -deck
    Sounds good! Hardware acceleration?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

yessir!

-deck
    holy mother of god please get 4g on this already! everything seems legit but that.
    *sigh*

Here's the thing. Our legacy device is not even supposed to be running ICS. ICS does NOT come with WiMax built into the framework, thus it will take someone building it from the ground up to ever be integrated. At this point, we're still in the ALPHA stages (i.e. getting everything that's supposed to work on ICS working on our device), so we're definitely not there yet. We don't even have the front camera or video working yet, nor the ICS-stock facial recognition lockscreen. Why don't we focus on getting the base running smoothly before we worry about adding things that weren't there in the first place?

Perhaps you're thinking to yourself, but the EVO 4G is a 4G device, so it's a feature that's supposed to exist on the device! That may be true, but if you're running this, you're not running the ROM your device came with, which I'm certain does have working WiMax. So, to sum up, don't expect this ROM to ever have 4G. If you can't live with that, then you'll have to move along. And if it ever DOES have WiMax, I'm sure you'll see it on the front page and then you can come back and join us.
    Thread cleaned.

Cut the crap......
    One warning, that is all.....
    This is my first post since i became a memeber here back in 2008. Everyone needs to grow some balls and man up lol no more immature sh*t :D