No registration required

[NAND] IceDroid V8 with BEATS [FINAL] [10/7/12]

OP jerrytan93

27th March 2012, 01:21 AM   |  #241  
Thanks Meter: 44

260 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by taninos

Just at the begining of the green text and always before white text.

So.. after the DEX, and before the FASTBOOT prompt? or after it? Before or after the buttons backlight comes on?

I've tried a few different combinations! Not working for me

Its hanging at "Attempting MTD mount of 31.5 "mtdblock5"
or other times its lofs at yaffs_read_super: isCheckpointed 0
Last edited by wallaceff; 27th March 2012 at 01:25 AM.
27th March 2012, 07:36 AM   |  #242  
Flag Genova
Thanks Meter: 71

439 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrytan93

Try it later.. I look at Sensation thread and there are some user experiencing this problem recently.. maybe region related?

Thanks, Jerry, I am in China, working, but the market hadn't problem last night, I used through my HTC, all the evening..... Later I'll try again
27th March 2012, 09:07 AM   |  #243  
OP Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter: 6,274

2,008 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Only two things:

1. Wifi-Tether doesn't work neither Krokus' method nor any other.

2. You can run the xperia with any SD if you set it just after LKBootloader begin to load and just before Android Kernel is loaded. So the SD boot problem is caused by LKBootloader and not because of the android kernel.

PD: Please, mend the wifi-tether problem.

Best.

WiFi tether will need some specific driver in kernel, I just want you all to confirm is the kernel have it or not.. and the result is here already

Your method with SD card booting is working (at least for me )

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoofoox

I recently tried to flash every lkbootloader I found.

The pooploader.nbh on my Hard Drive:
I made task29 and flashed the nbh file, than flashed recovery.img (cyan fontcolor), installed the CM7 ROM by neopeek and booting via SD card is still working like before.

This one from sp3dev (alex) post.
I made task29 and flashed the nbh file, than flashed recovery.img (green fontcolor), installed the CM7 ROM by neopeek and did not boot because of missing/invalid boot.img and I don't want to download it...)

This one from sp3dev (alex) post.
I made task29 and flashed the nbh file, than flashed recovery.img (green fontcolor), installed the CM7 ROM by neopeek and booting via SD card is still working like before.

So I think it is not depending on LKBootloader. I tested it because I thought maybe these peole who have a working boot with sd card have flashed a different lkbootloader.

EDIT: I forgot to try the one from the replace Winmo with Android NAND thread.
I did the same as above and even after installing CM7 by neopeek it is booting with SD card.

So the problem is SD card related or X1 model related. Maybe posting Model Nr. or something like that to identify which exact type you have. And if it is working or not.

I did that only for you guys and risked that it doesn't boot with sd card after doing these steps

Good find.. and thanks for the hint

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPyxOff

jerry I want to to thank you for the amazing build you made for us, everything and Wi-Fi is working perfectly with V7!

But I got one question.. When I installed your IceDroid V6 I was able to shutdown apps by holding down the "OK" button. I just held it for a second and the whole app get killed. But now, after updating to V7 I'm able to kill apps only with Task Killer because holding down "OK" button is not working, now I can just tap the "OK" button and minimize those applications. I'm dissapointed about this.. Any ideas?

I don't know that we can hold the 'back' button to close apps.. Try to make a full wipe and report back (make a backup first if you don't want lost your data)

Quote:

Dear friends,

How can I do a full charge of the battery before install the rom?

When I try to plug to the AC (with the mobile power off), it automatically power on so I can't charge the mobile with no rom installed.

NAND breaks the charging ability in our phone, so just charge your phone until full when in any ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallaceff

So.. after the DEX, and before the FASTBOOT prompt? or after it? Before or after the buttons backlight comes on?

I've tried a few different combinations! Not working for me

Its hanging at "Attempting MTD mount of 31.5 "mtdblock5"
or other times its lofs at yaffs_read_super: isCheckpointed 0

after the DEX.. fastboot.. and when it start to print out those linux code plug in
Last edited by jerrytan93; 27th March 2012 at 10:31 AM.
27th March 2012, 10:29 AM   |  #244  
Flag Seoul
Thanks Meter: 1

19 posts
More
When I turn on the wifi and X1 goes into sleep(screen off), X1 stocked with black screen. no hardware button or power button working. only happen I left x1 for a long time. For short time, x1 wake up and working.

The only solution X1 stocked with black screen, remove the battery and insert it again.

If turned off the wifi and let x1 sleep, stock isn't happen. only the case wifi turn on and sleep for long time.

Anyone happended to you?
Last edited by revol5; 27th March 2012 at 10:30 AM. Reason: added
27th March 2012, 11:05 AM   |  #245  
Thanks Meter: 44

260 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by revol5

When I turn on the wifi and X1 goes into sleep(screen off), X1 stocked with black screen. no hardware button or power button working. only happen I left x1 for a long time. For short time, x1 wake up and working.

The only solution X1 stocked with black screen, remove the battery and insert it again.

If turned off the wifi and let x1 sleep, stock isn't happen. only the case wifi turn on and sleep for long time.

Anyone happended to you?

Yes, everyone.

---------- Post added at 09:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 AM ----------

Quote:

after the DEX.. fastboot.. and when it start to print out those linux code plug in

So, after the fastboot, but before the white text? If it then boots into Android, I should be able to take the battery out, leave the SD card in and reboot and it should work?

Its just ins't happening for me!
27th March 2012, 11:12 AM   |  #246  
Thanks Meter: 28

133 posts
Quote:

WiFi tether will need some specific driver in kernel, I just want you all to confirm is the kernel have it or not.. and the result is here already

Can you include this drivers (nat ones and wlan.ko) and load it with modprobe or with an init.d script like:

Code:
#!/system/bin/sh
#
# Load any extra modules

MODPATH=/system/lib/modules/

for i in `ls $MODPATH`
do
modprobe `basename $i .ko` >/dev/null 2>&1    
done
exit 0
27th March 2012, 11:14 AM   |  #247  
Flag Prešov
Thanks Meter: 235

234 posts
More
Unhappy
jerry I swear it worked for me.

I was asking my good friend if it's real that someone with an Android can kill apps just by holding down BACK ("OK" button for us) and he said that he can kill those apps like me before. Just by holding down the button. He have Samsung Galaxy S with Android 4.0.3, Cyanogenmod 9. And he recommend me to do Factory Reset in recovery.. Still not working and after fully clean installation with wipescript it's not working either.

I didn't need any Task Killer because of this. And right after holding down the button it shows a little pop up window with a text in it: "Application was closed."

I don't know if I'm realy the only one who has some experience with this on the X1 but it worked, but after update to V7 it's not working.

This is just a little problem but with that, it's realy easy to operate with android because you can kill applications right away.
27th March 2012, 11:33 AM   |  #248  
Thanks Meter: 34

83 posts
More
Quote:

Can you include this drivers (nat ones and wlan.ko) and load it with modprobe or with an init.d script like:

Code:
#!/system/bin/sh
#
# Load any extra modules

for i in `ls $MODPATH`
do
done
exit 0

it`s not that simple,
for nat it has incuded in the kernel you just need to load it,

and for wlan.ko,i`ve tried it once but it makes the wifi even worse (don`t know if i load the wrong one)

i`ve already tried almost all module i can find but the result still not good,if somebody know exactly what modules we should load it would be great.
27th March 2012, 12:41 PM   |  #249  
Thanks Meter: 407

655 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPyxOff

jerry I swear it worked for me.

I was asking my good friend if it's real that someone with an Android can kill apps just by holding down BACK ("OK" button for us) and he said that he can kill those apps like me before. Just by holding down the button. He have Samsung Galaxy S with Android 4.0.3, Cyanogenmod 9. And he recommend me to do Factory Reset in recovery.. Still not working and after fully clean installation with wipescript it's not working either.

I didn't need any Task Killer because of this. And right after holding down the button it shows a little pop up window with a text in it: "Application was closed."

I don't know if I'm realy the only one who has some experience with this on the X1 but it worked, but after update to V7 it's not working.

This is just a little problem but with that, it's realy easy to operate with android because you can kill applications right away.

:D it's easier than you think. It's an option in settings - apps - development - close app...

Gesendet von meinem Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 mit Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Elibl For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th March 2012, 12:59 PM   |  #250  
OP Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter: 6,274

2,008 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallaceff

So, after the fastboot, but before the white text? If it then boots into Android, I should be able to take the battery out, leave the SD card in and reboot and it should work?

Its just ins't happening for me!

Nope.. after the fastboot and WHILE the white text was shown.. just now tested it again and it is confirmed.. and I din't mean that you can LEAVE the SD card inserted after the proccess.. you still have to perform this trick EACH TIME you start your phone if you wanted to have SD card loaded when booted

Quote:

Code:
#!/system/bin/sh
#
# Load any extra modules

for i in `ls $MODPATH`
do
done
exit 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fauntelroy

it`s not that simple,
for nat it has incuded in the kernel you just need to load it,

and for wlan.ko,i`ve tried it once but it makes the wifi even worse (don`t know if i load the wrong one)

i`ve already tried almost all module i can find but the result still not good,if somebody know exactly what modules we should load it would be great.

You can contact Zargloub for that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elibl

:D it's easier than you think. It's an option in settings - apps - development - close app...

Gesendet von meinem Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 mit Tapatalk

Problem solved..

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android 2.3.7, ice cream sandwich
Previous Thread Next Thread