Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,981 Members 39,078 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

*Wanted*Ntelos Showcase stock ROM

Tip us?

nikeman513
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 49
Default *Wanted*Ntelos Showcase stock ROM

Anyone have the stock ROM for nTelos showcase? It can be Froyo or the latest GB build. If anyone has it please post a link. I installed a CS ROM and it won't connect to data, and I don't have anything to go back to.

tecknogod
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I ran into the same exact problem. Ntelos is absolutely no help either. I spent hours on the phone with them and even went to the store and nothing. The worst part of it all was they were trying to tell me it wasnt there freaking phone and its a verizon phone. I told them to go f*** themselves for completely abandoning their own equiptment and their customer. Needless to say I wont be an Ntelos customer for much longe
The Following User Says Thank You to tecknogod For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JWnSC
Old
(Last edited by JWnSC; 17th October 2011 at 05:00 AM.)
Thanks Meter 26
Try this: Install ADW.Launcher and long press on the homescreen to make a custom shortcut
ADW -> Custom Shortcut -> Pick your Activity -> Activities -> com.android.hiddenmenu -> DATA(.DEBUGMENU)
Then switch the HDR/1x setting down to cdma only, exit the menu, wait, do the same with edvo
You should get connection is a few seconds
Go back in and switch to hybrid to get 3G data mode again.

This ROM works for the ntelos showcase also http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?6334-ROM-10-16-11-EH09-Awesome-Sauce-Rom-v9.2.1-Yummy-Goodness!. Make sure your on the eh09 generic build first.
Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda premium

njdan30
Old
(Last edited by njdan30; 27th March 2012 at 06:45 PM.) Reason: needles to say even when i did restore from original backup no data everything but so its working now after store flashed it.
Thanks Meter 16

DONATE TO ME
ive tried all the fixes i had to flash a stock rom wipe it went to ntelos played dumb and they flashed their software on mine it works fine again i was stuck on verizon no matter what i tried i did ##data# etc u name ive tried it.

JWnSC
Old
Thanks Meter 26
http://rootzwiki.com/topic/19968-odi...9fa10ei20eh09/

njdan30
Old
Thanks Meter 16

DONATE TO ME
I tried all of those a while ago. Flashed2.3.5&2.3.6 different modems etc still nothing everything but3g worked. Its done deal now after they fixed it I flashed the experimental2.3.6 works fine

tecknogod
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default no data

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdan30 View Post
I tried all of those a while ago. Flashed2.3.5&2.3.6 different modems etc still nothing everything but3g worked. Its done deal now after they fixed it I flashed the experimental2.3.6 works fine

Do you know what they did exactly that fixed it? Ive been in the same boat with my ntelos showcase for almost a year now. It really really sucks! But im locked into a contract and cant afford to buy another decent phone so im screwed. Maybe you can make an odin or nandroid backup or something of your phone and I can flash it onto my evil pos? lemme know man!

nikeman513
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by tecknogod View Post
Do you know what they did exactly that fixed it? Ive been in the same boat with my ntelos showcase for almost a year now. It really really sucks! But im locked into a contract and cant afford to buy another decent phone so im screwed. Maybe you can make an odin or nandroid backup or something of your phone and I can flash it onto my evil pos? lemme know man!
Techno, I was a sales rep for ntelos for a year. Take your phone in for repair and be with a loaner for a couple weeks. You shouldn't have has to deal with this for a year man. Since its just software you don't have to worry about being charged. Just tell them it won't connect to data and you want to send it for repair. Don't tell them its rooted, let the techies that will fix it in hburg figure it out and they will just fix it.

Sent from my aokp_tenderloin using xda app-developers app

njdan30
Old
(Last edited by njdan30; 28th September 2012 at 04:56 AM.)
Thanks Meter 16

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tecknogod View Post
Sorry I havent been on in a while but if you email me if you haven't got phone fixed I can help you, I have stock efs files you can use qpst to get 3g back I fixed my wifes phone today with it.for some reason some roms like to change those files to something other then Ntelos.njdan30@gmail.com is my address I can most likely walk you thru it

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added 28th September 2012 at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was 27th September 2012 at 11:53 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeman513 View Post
Techno, I was a sales rep for ntelos for a year. Take your phone in for repair and be with a loaner for a couple weeks. You shouldn't have has to deal with this for a year man. Since its just software you don't have to worry about being charged. Just tell them it won't connect to data and you want to send it for repair. Don't tell them its rooted, let the techies that will fix it in hburg figure it out and they will just fix it.

Sent from my aokp_tenderloin using xda app-developers app
That or go to store that's capable of flashing it for you takes about ten minutes for them,

Sent from my SCH-I500 running cm10 on nTelos wireless using Tapatalk

tecknogod
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdan30 View Post
Sorry I havent been on in a while but if you email me if you haven't got phone fixed I can help you, I have stock efs files you can use qpst to get 3g back I fixed my wifes phone today with it.for some reason some roms like to change those files to something other then Ntelos.njdan30@gmail.com is my address I can most likely walk you thru it

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added 28th September 2012 at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was 27th September 2012 at 11:53 PM ----------

That or go to store that's capable of flashing it for you takes about ten minutes for them,

Sent from my SCH-I500 running cm10 on nTelos wireless using Tapatalk
Yeah its been a year exactly this month ive been without data on my phone. Got 1 more year to go before im up for renewal haha. I tried emailing you njdan30 but it said the address was undeliverable for some reason. Please help me out! I would love the efs file and a brief run down on what to do with qpst to flash it. My email is btsaumier@gmail.com