Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,266 Members 44,932 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Advice before flashing ...

Tip us?

nanos7
Old
(Last edited by nanos7; 28th March 2012 at 01:31 AM.) Reason: More info concerning SD Class importance.
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Honestly, in my experience you can't brick brick a phone! I mean you really have to try to brick it and even then you have to have a combination of bad moves and bad luck for you to unequivocally brick it!!! That being said, Kyrillos 10 is based on cm7 and I tried it and loved it. The battery does last longer, it does have fantastic speed and usability and with s2e you can save a lot of internal memory without sacrificing speed if you use a good class sd card (6+). The main difference though is how customisable it is in comparison to Froyo. Nonetheless, I flashed back to 9.5 mainly because the video camera didn't work which is a must for me. As I understand it your gf would be interested more in something stable with good battery life. Best bet for g3 is v9.5. And it comes with a very well written, detailed installation guide (if I say so myself) which is about to be updated...

EDIT: Apologies for speaking before having a better overview. I am not going to bore you with details but basically concerning your SD's class it seems that this is not necessarily the deciding factor (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1005633) and by way of speed tests I researched from other sources on the internet (e.g. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...e,3011-12.html) it seems that the Sandisk SDSQ-8192-AC11M seems to be the overall best buy. I have already contacted a reseller in Germany over e-bay to confirm if he stocks them and if so I will be buying, testing and updating!

216.ashutosh
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Best Rom I've ever experienced is kyrillos' . Recently upgraded it to v10 with CM7. I got my cell now exactly where I wanted it to be ever. Will use it till someone give me a free beer to switch on to something else

Sent from my GT-i5801 via XDA

Smonic
Old
Thanks Meter 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halco View Post
I know that they are WiP, but i just warn some new users who wants flash those build without reading or follow topics.
Exactly! You're warning people not to flash CM7 after all the hard work Marcellusbe has done and i'm sure there are many more people who completely disagree with you but they aren't 'warning' people not to flash a eclair/froyo/ics ROM are they? Basically, i think it is wrong that you are making other people formulate opinions based on your opinion when they should try every ROM themselves and make their own judgements like you (and I) have done.
Click the thanks button if i helped!

Halco
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 122
Bro, it's just a warn ... Of course, if i have to advice someone for a flash, i'll say CM7 from Marcel' without thinking anything else !
I respect all the job doing from all devs here, but i just warn "new users" cause we can see some post in general section like "Help meeeee, brick my phone ???"

Just wanna clarify it, and make new users read slowly the steps of flashing...

No offense, anywhere
Samsung Galaxy 3 (GT-I5801)
Current ROM : CMX Jelly Bean by Marcellusbe
Kernel : Default
Settings : 100-800Mhz OnDemand
Sync on Google, Minus, Dropbox, Facebook, Twitter and others

Currently switch to Samsung Galaxy S3 ..
The Following User Says Thank You to Halco For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jason-EX
Old
Thanks Meter 978

DONATE TO ME
that is exactly the reason why I still make custom froyo roms once CM7 is in beta stage, THEN I'll stick with it!