MetroUI Theme by BroBot175 Beta 6 [9/4]

Search This thread

BroBot175

Oct 26, 2011
Hi all
Im Brobot175 (Rob) from over on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 forum.
A very friendly member of your comunity who goes by the name of mrevankyle sent me a PM a few days ago wanting a port of my new theme, MetroUI.
mrevankyle kindly ported most of the theme for me as i have no experience in Villain Theme installer so all credit in porting this theme goes to him!
I shall be watching over this thread and answering any questions about the theme itself but mrevankyle is going to cover this thread and answer any questions you have.
Well heres the theme!

full.gif

^^^not what it really looks like but a good representation^^^

Metro UI - Brobot175.co.uk - Click Me

Check out website for screenshots and full change log

What is it?

This theme allows you to make your homescreen look like the windows 8 metro. It also themes your notifications pannel and taskbar to fit with the MetroUI.

What is it compatable with?

Android Revolution ROM but Evan may help me port it to a few more roms on the eee pad
To anyone else looking on this Forum is is also compatible with the
Galaxy tab 10.1
TouchPad
Kindle Fire
Acer a500
and Asus Eee Pad Transformer

Whats to come?

My website is brand new and still in beta so i shall be working on it to clear out any bugs.

I shall add tutorials on how to customize more of the theme like the widgets.

More Widgets.

Any other Bug fixes

If your tab for any reason goes into a bootloop just flash your ROM again without wipeing anything and it will go back to how you had it

Last edited:

ice0901

Oct 19, 2009
Tried twice. My system would not boot. I'm running teamEOS ver.15. I had to flash rom to regain use of my tablet

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using XDA

Last edited:

asdfuogh

Jun 22, 2011
Where is this "MetroUIFlashTheme.zip" file for the Asus Transformer? Or am I just not seeing it because the link is in the same color as the other fonts?

mrevankyle

Jan 5, 2011
Victoria, BC
Sorry for all the confusion the theme system is the villaintheme system to get the file you have to go to the website scroll down to the asus transformer (do not flash the samsung galaxy tab ones they will cause boot loops) then click where it says Vanilla theme (it should say Villain theme but there was some miscommunication) then you can download the package and flash with cwm

Tried twice. My system would not boot. I'm running teamEOS ver.15. I had to flash rom to regain use of my tablet

make sure you choose the transformer one :p

Where is this "MetroUIFlashTheme.zip" file for the Asus Transformer? Or am I just not seeing it because the link is in the same color as the other fonts?
Its called vanillathemeB4.zip (should be called Villain theme B4)
It is the same colour but its the first thing in big font

Last edited:

ice0901

Oct 19, 2009
There isn't a separate download for the transformer. Just click on the Metro UI image(browser only:doesn't work in the xda app) then go to downloads

mrevankyle

Jan 5, 2011
Victoria, BC
There isn't a separate download for the transformer. Just click on the Metro UI image(browser only:doesn't work in the xda app) then go to downloads

There is now i should know i ported it :p when you click downloads it asks you to chose your device and the transformer is the second one.

BroBot175

Oct 26, 2011
sorry guys
tried to do it all tonight cause im going away tommorw
all the stuff is on the website its just a little messy atm
ill try and clear out any bugs tommorw befor i leave
villian ! not vanillia :')

gandda12

May 13, 2011
IL
sorry I'm new to this. I flashed Vanilia Theme B4.zip. Am I supposed to flash MetroUITilesAsusB4.zip next? I don't see desktop visualiser 4x4. Thanks for this.

kay_kiat88

Dec 19, 2010
So last night I took a shot at doing up this MetroUI theme. So I managed to do up the first page which looks really nice. I wanted to continue but I realized that the ROM that I'm using (AOKP) has an update from v1.6 to v1.7. It's a full rom update and not an updater, though it's without wipe. So I carried on with the update and boom, when my homescreen loaded, all I saw was "problem loading widget".

So the thing is.. I've been trying all sorts of ways to restore widgets on homescreen after an update. I don't wanna do this everytime after an update. Is there any workaround for this? And FYI, I tried Titanium's restore application widget option and it doesn't work at all.

edit: FOUND THE WORKAROUND! Convert adwlauncherEX to system app and backup using titanium. after flashing a new rom, simply restore the app!

Last edited:
Reactions: BroBot175

BroBot175

Oct 26, 2011
So last night I took a shot at doing up this MetroUI theme. So I managed to do up the first page which looks really nice. I wanted to continue but I realized that the ROM that I'm using (AOKP) has an update from v1.6 to v1.7. It's a full rom update and not an updater, though it's without wipe. So I carried on with the update and boom, when my homescreen loaded, all I saw was "problem loading widget".

So the thing is.. I've been trying all sorts of ways to restore widgets on homescreen after an update. I don't wanna do this everytime after an update. Is there any workaround for this? And FYI, I tried Titanium's restore application widget option and it doesn't work at all.

edit: FOUND THE WORKAROUND! Convert adwlauncherEX to system app and backup using titanium. after flashing a new rom, simply restore the app!

thanks i hadnt thought of this
i spent a few weeks trying to find a way so that i could tranfer my homescreen onto other devices and i even contacted the adw developer
ill tell people to do this befor they update from now on
cheers and good work finding this out :)

kay_kiat88

Dec 19, 2010
thanks i hadnt thought of this
i spent a few weeks trying to find a way so that i could tranfer my homescreen onto other devices and i even contacted the adw developer
ill tell people to do this befor they update from now on
cheers and good work finding this out :)

Yeah that was the main reason stopping me from doing up fancy homescreens. Can't wait to do up my metroui :D

---------- Post added at 12:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

btw, the email widget is not compatible right?

BroBot175

Oct 26, 2011
yeah i remeber now
if i have some spair time (which i dont have any of atm) ill go through and change all the names in the email widget so it works :)

ive gone through the website and changed all the names to villain and ive made the device chose a bit easier
can people give me any more feedback on the website or things they got confused on

kay_kiat88

Dec 19, 2010
I'm on AOKP and email widget doesn't work. No biggie though. Thanks for the great theme again. Creating my own tiles now lol.

dragon_76

Apr 21, 2007
Chicago, IL
Using CWM to flash, i tried both the villain zip and the metro UI zip and both produce an error in recovery. Am I missing something?

Cheers!
-M
Xda member since 2007

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all
    Im Brobot175 (Rob) from over on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 forum.
    A very friendly member of your comunity who goes by the name of mrevankyle sent me a PM a few days ago wanting a port of my new theme, MetroUI.
    mrevankyle kindly ported most of the theme for me as i have no experience in Villain Theme installer so all credit in porting this theme goes to him!
    I shall be watching over this thread and answering any questions about the theme itself but mrevankyle is going to cover this thread and answer any questions you have.
    Well heres the theme!

full.gif

^^^not what it really looks like but a good representation^^^

Metro UI - Brobot175.co.uk - Click Me

Check out website for screenshots and full change log

What is it?

This theme allows you to make your homescreen look like the windows 8 metro. It also themes your notifications pannel and taskbar to fit with the MetroUI.

What is it compatable with?

Android Revolution ROM but Evan may help me port it to a few more roms on the eee pad
    To anyone else looking on this Forum is is also compatible with the
    Galaxy tab 10.1
    TouchPad
    Kindle Fire
    Acer a500
    and Asus Eee Pad Transformer

Whats to come?

My website is brand new and still in beta so i shall be working on it to clear out any bugs.

I shall add tutorials on how to customize more of the theme like the widgets.

More Widgets.

Any other Bug fixes

If your tab for any reason goes into a bootloop just flash your ROM again without wipeing anything and it will go back to how you had it

I have just release a Boot Animation
    BootAnimation.gif

Downloadable here http://www.brobot175.co.uk/MetroUI/Setup1.html
    half way down :)
    enjoy
    OK that would be amazing I'm sure people on the a500 forum would greatly appreciate this!

Basically all the roms in our forum are based on the same leaked base so it should work for all. Besides the cm9 version that can't be hosted on xda because Thor made it.. I will pm you link to those files once I get to my laptop.

Thanks again !

Sent from my Iconia A500 using Tapatalk

Alright so thanks to this guy we have confirmation that the villain theme works on the a500 unchanged. It gave status 0 on the first try but after a re-download it worked so the problem is not with the file. So if you are having issues just redownload it and that should fix your issues. Clearing cache and data could not hurt either.

Also latest version of desktop visualizer removed the menu to set presets (probobly a bug) so here is the latest not bugged version
    >> View attachment jp.co.bii.android.app.dskvzr-1.apk
    Looks interesting, I'll try this when I finish my Monk episode and post some feedback later :D.
    sorry I'm new to this. I flashed Vanilia Theme B4.zip. Am I supposed to flash MetroUITilesAsusB4.zip next? I don't see desktop visualiser 4x4. Thanks for this.

Nope dont flash that just unzip it on your sdcard. It contains all the files you need to set up the tiles. And you get desktop visualizer from the market (play store now i guess)