Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,068 Members 46,326 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to: Wireless (&USB) Tethering on LG Quantum

Tip us?

renatofontes
Old
Thanks Meter 10
For some reason... as a secondary effect to this...
The wireless status now displays an H instead of 3G...
Am I connected to my carrier's HSPA network now? O_o?

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

Don't know how google docs works for sharing, but here is another link in case you need one =)

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B1W...cEc4dGZWTERGQQ

j_sous
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I can confirm this guide works flawlessly on at&t Quantum!! It is very simple and takes about 30 minutes to complete. If you want tethering on your non-Telstra Quantum, there is no reason not to just this and you won't regret it!

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

Actually I have to somewhat qualify my previous statement. The installation went perfectly, however there are some after effects. For instance, my data connection no longer works and as stated previously by others, MMS no longer works. Also, I noticed, as I suspected, the marketplace is region specific and some apps are not available with the Telstra ROM. An example would be the Xbox Extras apps. The marketplace thinks I am outside the US even though I am definitely in the US on at&t network. DAMN! This is alittle annoying and it makes me wonder what other apps I am not able to get access to with this ROM. OH well, I guess there are positives and negatives, but wifi tether is worth it in my opinion.

Just be aware, there are some minor consequences. I'm sure I can get most everything working again, but may take some tinkering.

64GUNSHIP
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejaredhuang View Post
Any update for 8107?
look at the update thread in development and hacking.. Its something like oem updates and I believe 8107 is in the title as well. You can update any phone to 8107 there. Just make sure you follow all the instructions.

Sent from my LG-C900B using XDA Windows Phone 7 App
[B]LG Quantum -> Samsung Focus S i937 -> HTC 8X -> Nokia Lumia 920 White

64GUNSHIP
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Perhaps the icon text in the registry for your hspa connection before was set set to 3G.. For whatever reason. There's nothing that should have happened by flashing this ROM. I'll look into the MMS issues, there should be an easy solution.

Sent from my LG-C900B using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

64GUNSHIP
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
See this thread guys, it worked for me:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1068893

warlordraver
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hey, I did this using a Bell LG Quantum and I ended up not being able to use my Cellular data, is there anything that I could be doing wrong that would cause this, I may do a re-Flash since I have reverted back to Bell's ROM

xtmoto
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Anyone else having problems downloading this file.
I also tried the faster downloading mirror and it just times out.

64GUNSHIP
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
I'm still looking for an MMS solution that will work for everyone. It appears Telstra removed some of the ADC settings in the MFG app, so I'm looking for potential workarounds in the registry.

As for the servers, they're working fine for me? If need be, I can re-uplod/email the files to you.

Diomorgan
Old
Thanks Meter 40
As far as I was able to see once you flash the Telstra firmware you'll get the update to 7.10.8107.79, so don't mind which version you flash
Lg configuration app fixed MMS and APN too.

64GUNSHIP
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diomorgan View Post
As far as I was able to see once you flash the Telstra firmware you'll get the update to 7.10.8107.79, so don't mind which version you flash
Lg configuration app fixed MMS and APN too.
Can you give me some more details on your specific configuration? What model of Quantum are you using/what is your carrier? What version of LG configuration app are you using?