Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,959 Members 43,693 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDES/TOOLS]Making Developing/Flashing/Returning to Stock Easier

Tip us?

Neglecto
Old
Thanks Meter 0
works perfectly. took me a few tries but worked perfectly fine at unbricking a lg thrill that was stuck in lg logo hate mode.

obtained
Old
(Last edited by obtained; 26th March 2012 at 03:02 PM.)
Thanks Meter 283
to uninstall all drivers do i just uninstall the lg updater? or something way more tricky than that?

Edit: Nevermind. =)

Edit: lol sometimes i think i should be able to thanks myself......
The Following User Says Thank You to obtained For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kurrptsenate
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I'm having no luck installing the LG updater in steps 3 and 4. I'm having the same error as the others that say it cannot connect to the internet (changed hosts and everything)

dwaynedman
Old
Thanks Meter 31

DONATE TO ME
I dont believe you want it to connect to the internet, that is the whole idea.
It is trying to check with lg servers and that is what you don't want it to do.
Can you open up the LG tool? If yes, then all is good and continue with the flash process. You will point it to the correct KDZ file that you want to flash.

Regards,
Dwayne

kurrptsenate
Old
Thanks Meter 7
If there is another way that it opens besides what is explained in step 3 and 4, then maybe. It just wasn't launching the app like the official one does (and fails to update).

I'll try it again. I'm on XP btw

Kaleptik
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1233
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurrptsenate View Post
If there is another way that it opens besides what is explained in step 3 and 4, then maybe. It just wasn't launching the app like the official one does (and fails to update).

I'll try it again. I'm on XP btw
It's supposed to fail in updating...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II w/ CM9

Devices:
LG Nexus 4 - Stock + Xposed
Samsung Captivate - CM 11
Samsung Galaxy S II - AOKP

Kaleptik
Old
Thanks Meter 1233
Official V20C_00.kdz from LG Server added to the thread.

Devices:

nti_hazard88
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by riceje7 View Post
whenever i try to run B2CAppSetup.exe. it tells me that i need to connect to the internet and hit continue, i am connected and when i hit continue it just pops back up saying the same thing any ideas? p.s. i don't have a firewall or virus protection or anything on so im not sure what it is

ALSO: where is the msxml.msi file located i can't find it in the thrill flash package
I don't know if someone already fixed this by PM or if it was posted - I'm on my phone so I couldn't go through every page to check (gave up after about 5 pages). But how I dealt with this was, I played with it for a while, and then did step 4 BEFORE step 3 (all other steps stay in order). That allowed me to install and it continued to flash normally. Hope it helps.

I don't know a whole lot about phones, but I'm a computer programmer, and I think it has to do with modifying your hosts file, and the B2CAppSetup install doesn't like it.

Kaleptik
Old
Thanks Meter 1233
Quote:
Originally Posted by nti_hazard88 View Post
I don't know if someone already fixed this by PM or if it was posted - I'm on my phone so I couldn't go through every page to check (gave up after about 5 pages). But how I dealt with this was, I played with it for a while, and then did step 4 BEFORE step 3 (all other steps stay in order). That allowed me to install and it continued to flash normally. Hope it helps.

I don't know a whole lot about phones, but I'm a computer programmer, and I think it has to do with modifying your hosts file, and the B2CAppSetup install doesn't like it.
If you just ignore it, does it still allow you to continue?

Devices:

nti_hazard88
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Lestat View Post
If you just ignore it, does it still allow you to continue?
Well no - the problem they're describing is that they can not even install the B2CAppSetup.

Now when you go to do the final step where you run that thing that actually opens the updater, yes, you ignore that warning at the bottom.

I'll replicate the problem when I get home and PM you screenshots if you need them. Anything I can do to help.