Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,857 Members 44,769 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HOW-TO] Root | Wotanserver | Flashtool | with locked bootloader

Tip us?
 
Tarzan-
Old
#21  
Tarzan-'s Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 93
Posts: 263
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr1zak View Post
I just tried using Wotan Server, but I needed an account, it's not free however.

can someone please give me a link for the "4.0.0.A.0.62" firmware, I would appreciate it.

my email: "salahudean@yahoo.com"

Thanks!
Do not post your email publicly, you will be bombarded with spam.

Also Wotan is free to join and free to use their firmware flasher software. Look closely.
Nokia 3230 Nokia 7610 Nokia N95 Sony Ericsson PDA HTC Tytyn II HTC Desire Nokia N9 Xperia Arc S Motorola Droid Razr Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung Galaxy Note II HTC ONE Silver Sony Xperia Z Ultra Note 3 Galaxy S5 LG G3
 
DjayZiro
Old
(Last edited by DjayZiro; 29th March 2012 at 08:08 AM.)
#22  
DjayZiro's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 35
Posts: 136
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lisboa
Hey everyone,

Ijust want to share my experience, i finally got my Arc S through Vodafone in Portugal, got home and went straight to rooting the device.

Locked Bootloader and firmware .62.

i've managed to reload a generic .42 ROM using wotan with free registration, got rid of the bloatware and the device was notoriously faster. but thats when things got complicated for me.

i've ran the expectedly simple to use DooMLoRD_v4_ROOT-zergRush-busybox-su.zip and it actually worked, i had it rooted, yay.

but at next reboot it was recognizing no SIM card anymore...

PS, i'm using x64 windows seven

fortunately enough, i've claimed it as a faulty device and got it replaced straight away. but now i'm relutant of trying to do it again, altough it is essential for enjoying such device... hope it all goes well for you. good luck
 
Marchello1
Old
#23  
Marchello1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 136
Posts: 362
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Mostar
Thanks for the guide but my firmware was 4.0.0.A.0.62 and I used Wotan server to downgrade to 4.0.0.A.0.42 and then rooted it, was a pain though.
 
Cuerrix
Old
#24  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Posts: 122
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjayZiro View Post
Hey everyone,

Ijust want to share my experience, i finally got my Arc S through Vodafone in Portugal, got home and went straight to rooting the device.

Locked Bootloader and firmware .62.

i've managed to reload a generic .42 ROM using wotan with free registration, got rid of the bloatware and the device was notoriously faster. but thats when things got complicated for me.

i've ran the expectedly simple to use DooMLoRD_v4_ROOT-zergRush-busybox-su.zip and it actually worked, i had it rooted, yay.

but at next reboot it was recognizing no SIM card anymore...

PS, i'm using x64 windows seven

fortunately enough, i've claimed it as a faulty device and got it replaced straight away. but now i'm relutant of trying to do it again, altough it is essential for enjoying such device... hope it all goes well for you. good luck
Didn't know about this problem. I would try to get help at the doomlord thread

Sent from my LT18i using XDA
 
Cuerrix
Old
#25  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Posts: 122
Join Date: Jan 2012
Added Tutorial for Wotanserver and tomorrow i will add how to use flashtool.
 
malavi
Old
#26  
malavi's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 673
Posts: 430
Join Date: Dec 2008
could you "port" somethin like this to ICS official?
 
chandoliasnikos
Old
#27  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 41
Posts: 286
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Katerini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuerrix View Post
Added Tutorial for Wotanserver and tomorrow i will add how to use flashtool.
Is it possible to copy the link of this tutorial here? Thanks!

Sent from my A70S using Tapatalk 2
Samsung Galaxy Note II
MoKee 44.4
AGNI CM kernel
 
Cuerrix
Old
(Last edited by Cuerrix; 15th April 2012 at 09:55 PM.)
#28  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Posts: 122
Join Date: Jan 2012
I was very bussy because of school so i didn't have the time. The tutorial will be added as soon as possible.
Edit: Added the flashtool tutorial

Sent from my Arc S using XDA
 
raitos
Old
#29  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 18
Join Date: Aug 2012
Hello
I followed your tutorial properly, but after this part, I had problems

* "8) Once you connected your phone it will automatically start flashing

9) When flashing is finished disconnect it and switch it on (This takes longer than Usually) "

My Xperia Arc S League, appears Sony Ericsson (Standard) and then it keeps repeating

I wonder how to repair? Is there any way or have I missed it?
Help me porfavor

Here is the Log FlashTool

03/032/2012 05:32:31 - INFO - Selected LT15i_4.0.2.A.0.42_ (1247-1041). Ftf
03/032/2012 05:32:31 - INFO - Preparing files for flashing
03/032/2012 05:32:33 - INFO - Please connect your device into flashmode.
03/032/2012 05:32:41 - INFO - Device connected in flash mode
03/032/2012 05:32:41 - INFO - Opening device for R / W
03/032/2012 05:32:41 - INFO - Reading device information
03/032/2012 05:32:41 - INFO - Phone flashmode ready for operations.
03/032/2012 05:32:42 - INFO - Start Flashing
03/032/2012 05:32:42 - INFO - Flashing loader
03/032/2012 05:32:44 - INFO - Loader: S1_Loader_Root_773f - Version: R4A066 / Bootloader status: ROOTABLE
03/032/2012 05:32:44 - INFO - Flashing kernel.sin
03/032/2012 05:32:46 - INFO - Flashing fota1.sin
03/032/2012 05:32:47 - INFO - Flashing fota0.sin
03/032/2012 05:32:48 - INFO - Flashing adsp.sin
03/032/2012 05:32:51 - INFO - Flashing amss_fs.sin
03/032/2012 05:32:51 - INFO - Flashing amss.sin
03/033/2012 05:33:00 - INFO - Flashing system.sin
03/035/2012 05:35:02 - INFO - Flashing cache.sin
03/035/2012 05:35:03 - INFO - Ending flash session
03/035/2012 05:35:03 - INFO - Flashing finished.
03/035/2012 05:35:03 - INFO - Please wait. Phone will reboot
03/035/2012 05:35:03 - INFO - For FlashTool, and Debugging Unknown Sources must be checked in phone settings
03/035/2012 05:35:03 - INFO - Device connected in flash mode
03/035/2012 05:35:28 - INFO - Device disconnected
 
XperienceD
Old
#30  
XperienceD's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2332
Posts: 7,194
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Here =)
Quote:
Originally Posted by raitos View Post
Hello
I followed your tutorial properly, but after this part, I had problems

* "8) Once you connected your phone it will automatically start flashing

9) When flashing is finished disconnect it and switch it on (This takes longer than Usually) "

My Xperia Arc S League, appears Sony Ericsson (Standard) and then it keeps repeating

I wonder how to repair? Is there any way or have I missed it?
Help me porfavor

Here is the Log FlashTool

03/032/2012 05:32:31 - INFO - Selected LT15i_4.0.2.A.0.42_ (1247-1041). Ftf
03/032/2012 05:32:31 - INFO - Preparing files for flashing
03/032/2012 05:32:33 - INFO - Please connect your device into flashmode.
03/032/2012 05:32:41 - INFO - Device connected in flash mode
03/032/2012 05:32:41 - INFO - Opening device for R / W
03/032/2012 05:32:41 - INFO - Reading device information
03/032/2012 05:32:41 - INFO - Phone flashmode ready for operations.
03/032/2012 05:32:42 - INFO - Start Flashing
03/032/2012 05:32:42 - INFO - Flashing loader
03/032/2012 05:32:44 - INFO - Loader: S1_Loader_Root_773f - Version: R4A066 / Bootloader status: ROOTABLE
03/032/2012 05:32:44 - INFO - Flashing kernel.sin
03/032/2012 05:32:46 - INFO - Flashing fota1.sin
03/032/2012 05:32:47 - INFO - Flashing fota0.sin
03/032/2012 05:32:48 - INFO - Flashing adsp.sin
03/032/2012 05:32:51 - INFO - Flashing amss_fs.sin
03/032/2012 05:32:51 - INFO - Flashing amss.sin
03/033/2012 05:33:00 - INFO - Flashing system.sin
03/035/2012 05:35:02 - INFO - Flashing cache.sin
03/035/2012 05:35:03 - INFO - Ending flash session
03/035/2012 05:35:03 - INFO - Flashing finished.
03/035/2012 05:35:03 - INFO - Please wait. Phone will reboot
03/035/2012 05:35:03 - INFO - For FlashTool, and Debugging Unknown Sources must be checked in phone settings
03/035/2012 05:35:03 - INFO - Device connected in flash mode
03/035/2012 05:35:28 - INFO - Device disconnected
See the thread you've started. No need to post in a thread then start a new one.


Sent from my CM9'd Arc

Tags
arc s, root, tutorial
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...