[APP] GetLogs - Get dmesg, logcat, radio, etc with one click!

2nd March 2012, 03:59 PM   |  #51  
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,552

11,219 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonners59

When I try to pull logs I open Getlogs and select "PasteBin"
It gets superusewr access... I then get a message

HTML Code:
Syntax error U_REGEX_RULE_SYNTAX near index1: +(my phone number) >
Any ideas, please?

Seems like you have a funky phone number, and the automask isn't working correctly...

I don't know if there's a way to disable the automask tho, the app is pretty basic. Did you try sending logs to the SD card? Was there an actual log there, or did it just fail the same way?
3rd March 2012, 02:22 AM   |  #52  
Flag San Diego, California
Thanks Meter: 99

861 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonners59

When I try to pull logs I open Getlogs and select "PasteBin"
It gets superusewr access... I then get a message

HTML Code:
Syntax error U_REGEX_RULE_SYNTAX near index1: +(my phone number) >
Any ideas, please?

This problem was reported in December and fixed inn the newer version by changing from regexp. Be sure you have the newest version of the app from this thread.

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App
The Following User Says Thank You to n2rjt For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd March 2012, 03:17 AM   |  #53  
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,552

11,219 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by n2rjt

This problem was reported in December and fixed inn the newer version by changing from regexp. Be sure you have the newest version of the app from this thread.

Derp, I didn't know that was the problem it fixed. Thanks
19th March 2012, 11:08 PM   |  #54  
Flag Duluth
Thanks Meter: 139

1,125 posts
More
Great app!
22nd March 2012, 09:59 PM   |  #55  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 144

194 posts
I'm preparing the app for compatibility with other devices (potentially putting it in the market) and fixing some long standing issues (I never realized that when I implemented "just a file" it didn't do any of the filtering that the pastebin button did, oops) and I have another version I'd like for you all to test out for me. I don't have a rhod anymore so I have no idea if this will work, but it works well on my CM9 Touchpad, and I don't think I did anything that will break it for you all. So let me know if it works same/better/worse and make sure that the filtering is working for both the pastebin button and the just a file option, thanks. Note that this version also limits the output to 1000 lines per log to prevent some previous OutOfMemory exceptions I was seeing.
Last edited by rpierce99; 29th March 2012 at 09:34 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rpierce99 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th March 2012, 09:36 PM   |  #56  
OP Senior Member

194 posts
arrrghhh found me on IRC and let me know that the new version works on his raph, so I'm guessing rhods are good too, so I've removed all of the older versions from previous posts and updated the OP with the newest, least buggy version of the app yet. Continue to post feature requests and bug reports here, I'm actually prepping the app for market release so I'd like to get it as polished as I can.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rpierce99 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th April 2012, 11:21 AM   |  #57  
Flag Hagen
Thanks Meter: 941

893 posts
Question Nooby question
Hi folx, hi rpierce99,

1st of all THX for the tool ,

I use it with a SGS+ on a CustomRom based on 2.3.6 KPU. I /We try to figure out a problem concerning the orginal charging cradle from samsung. All new stock kernel recognise the charging cradle, but custom kernels aren't able to recognise it. So the developers need a lot of logs.

I teted your tool yesterday the first time and had a look at the data.txt but there are only a lot of the character "#" Is it normal ? Do i have to change the in this post mentioned file ? Or is there another reason (improper masking ? i haven't set anything in the field)

THX for your answeres and your work

Cheers

Rhonin
8th April 2012, 07:18 PM   |  #58  
OP Senior Member

194 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonin86

Hi folx, hi rpierce99,

1st of all THX for the tool ,

I use it with a SGS+ on a CustomRom based on 2.3.6 KPU. I /We try to figure out a problem concerning the orginal charging cradle from samsung. All new stock kernel recognise the charging cradle, but custom kernels aren't able to recognise it. So the developers need a lot of logs.

I teted your tool yesterday the first time and had a look at the data.txt but there are only a lot of the character "#" Is it normal ? Do i have to change the in this post mentioned file ? Or is there another reason (improper masking ? i haven't set anything in the field)

THX for your answeres and your work

Cheers

Rhonin

More than likely there is a regex expression being passed in that is matching every character, make sure there are no blanks in your list of custom filters. The latest version shouldn't allow empty account names to screw it up (it skips the account name if it's empty) but it's possible something is slipping through. I can make a version that doesn't force filter if you want. Let me know if you don't find an empty entry in your custom filters and I'll build a version that will work for you. If you want to chat about it drop by #xdandroid on freenode and we can talk.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rpierce99 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th April 2012, 09:12 PM   |  #59  
Flag Hagen
Thanks Meter: 941

893 posts
Smile concerning custom filter
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpierce99

More than likely there is a regex expression being passed in that is matching every character, make sure there are no blanks in your list of custom filters. The latest version shouldn't allow empty account names to screw it up (it skips the account name if it's empty) but it's possible something is slipping through. I can make a version that doesn't force filter if you want. Let me know if you don't find an empty entry in your custom filters and I'll build a version that will work for you. If you want to chat about it drop by #xdandroid on freenode and we can talk.

Thx for your quick and answer. I have no filters applied and there is no filter in the list. Maybe i use it in the wrong manner ?

Maybe we chat about it another time but @ the moment i have little time

CU

Rhonin
9th April 2012, 12:09 AM   |  #60  
OP Senior Member

194 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonin86

Thx for your quick and answer. I have no filters applied and there is no filter in the list. Maybe i use it in the wrong manner ?

Maybe we chat about it another time but @ the moment i have little time

CU

Rhonin

Looking at the code in this general area (http://code.google.com/p/getlogs/sou...ivity.java#187) I see that I only added the testing for empty string for device ID, and not for email, phone number, etc. So if your system is returning an empty string for one of those it would cause this issue, I will add empty string handling on all of the other automatic filters and re-up soon (my wife is hogging my laptop).

EDIT: It's attached now, let me know if this works better, if it does I'll replace it in the OP.
Attached Files
File Type: apk GetLogs.apk - [Click for QR Code] (58.7 KB, 5 views)
Last edited by rpierce99; 9th April 2012 at 12:18 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to rpierce99 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread