Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

XDA and Leaseweb: Server Trial/Moto 360 Contest (Winners!)

About a month ago, we held a contest along with XDA’s host, Leaseweb, to … more

Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

[Q] The best emulators - performance wise?

OP silmes

29th March 2012, 09:12 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

30 posts
As the topic states. I am using emulation (NES, SNES, GENESIS & GBA) on my phone.

But are there any stats on wich emulator that are best for each system, performance wise?

Is Nesoid, Snesoid, Genoid and Gameboid the best out there, or are there other contenders of the champion title?
29th March 2012, 09:18 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 36

554 posts
i like all the .emu emulator more (updated almost weekly and faster and more compatible):

nes.emu
md.emu

and from the same author: snes9x ex (wich is the only one from him that is free on his webpage), just put snes9x ex on google.
29th March 2012, 09:39 PM   |  #3  
Flag West Columbia, SC
Thanks Meter: 32

495 posts
More
Get all the -oid emulators off the slideme marketplace. Nesoid, snesoid, gameboid, gensoid, etc. They're free.
30th March 2012, 12:17 AM   |  #4  
Flag Ashville, OH
Thanks Meter: 66

439 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0mega007

and from the same author: snes9x ex (wich is the only one from him that is free on his webpage), just put snes9x ex on google.

Do you know anything about input lag? All SNES emulators for Android have always had a bad input lag up to 1/2 of a second.
30th March 2012, 01:12 AM   |  #5  
Flag Land of the Idiots
Thanks Meter: 490

1,642 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selim873

Do you know anything about input lag? All SNES emulators for Android have always had a bad input lag up to 1/2 of a second.

Really? I've not had input lag on Kirby's Dream Land 3 on snesoid. The game itself is laggy when not overclocked, but the input itself is snappy
Last edited by jacklebott; 30th March 2012 at 01:25 AM.
30th March 2012, 02:53 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 32

355 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selim873

I've played through all 3 Donkey Kong Country's on Snesoid and didn't notice any lag
30th March 2012, 05:17 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 16

71 posts
i thin snes9x ex is the best snes emu http://www.explusalpha.com/home/snes9x-ex/downloads
also md.emu is real good
30th March 2012, 05:19 AM   |  #8  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

30 posts
Thanks for the input!

Just wanna say something about lagging (not input lag, but ordinary lag).

Its very much about what you have installed, and what processes being run in the background. I have used Titanium Backup to wipe a lot of bloatware, and when Im gaming, I use Astro to kill off all the unnecessary apps being run in the background.

I always run Task-Killer in Astro prior to gaming, the experience is much better.
30th March 2012, 10:22 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 740

2,896 posts
I don't use task killer anymore because Android load the apps back to the ram as soon as you kill them. The only way is to disable (ICS feature) or freeze them, or as you said, delete.

neo.emu alone makes this phone worth its full price.
1st April 2012, 07:02 AM   |  #10  
Flag Anaheim,California
Thanks Meter: 22

187 posts
More
Mupen64plus is a pretty good n64 emulator and the psx emulator on the xperia play is pretty good. Or use fpse orwhatever it's called instead

Sent from my R800x using XDA

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread