Originally Posted by kevinpwhite
There are two Registry entries as follows:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Bluetooth\HCI - contains a Key DisableSleep. DWord should be zero.
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Bluetooth\Transports\Built In\1 - includes same Key as above
I think this relates to the Sleep mode you mentioned having activated originally. It may be that this Reg entry is proving persistent for some obscure reason..... could be a tie in with the behaviour you described of clearing the SLOWdown by toggling BT.
May be completely off-beam, but a possibility....
Thanks for the tip Kevin!!!
I'll certainly take a look at these settings. The sad part about this whole fiasco is the phone has been working flawlessly except for this device.exe problem. Witnessing the fact that WM6.5 websites are slowing disappearing I've spent countless hours recently trying to snag the best WM6.5 apps and utilities and even a game or two that will show off the TG01's prowess, i.e., those with genuine 480x800 graphics, which are far and few between. I've also customized the SPB homescreens with my favorites. So I get the phone just like I want it and POW I've got to start from zero again because maybe I was stupid and pressed an option button that I had no idea what the functionality was (Restrict Sleep Mode). I only clicked on it because I've been using a stereo BT headset for a while now and didn't want the Sleep mode to interfere with my tunes while out bicycling, etc.
Again, thanks so much Kevin!!!
With you guys great advice I'm sure I'll have this thing cruising again soon.
According to this WM website:
Device.exe is the Windows Mobile process that is in charge of loading all the device drivers on the system. This means that drivers that come from Microsoft, the OEM device maker, the cell carrier, and ISVs, all have to fit in the same 32 megabytes. Of course, drivers vary from device to device according to what the OEM maker and the cell carrier decide to install, and so the amount of free virtual memory available for third party drivers varies as well. As a result, an ISV application that requires a driver may work fine on one device, but may not even load on another!
This means I haven't pinpointed the exact cause, just that it's something under device.exe's control. I'm more curious than ever now to know what EXACTLY is causing the malfunction!