5,593,401 Members 36,379 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Semi-incompatible sim with new ROMs (can't send texts)...

Tip us?

fraktal
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Semi-incompatible sim with new ROMs (can't send texts)...

For background, my device is a c500 (typhoon) and I've tried various roms (but I'm using the 6.1 one atm). I didn't have this problem with the stock ROM.

I find that, although the phone works and I can recieve text messages, I can't send them because the "text message service center" field is empty and if I enter anything in the box, it clears as soon as I leave the screen.

Also, trying to use the SIM manager (for contacts etc) returns the message "invalid or missing sim".

To me, this seems to be a semi-incompatible sim card. I've seen other phones with the same issue (eg here) so I don't think it's a specific phone/ROM issue. I've tried SDKCerts.cab and using a cab to install the network settings, neither worked.

Has anyone seen/fixed this before? Thanks.

Rudegar
Old
Retired Moderator
Thanks Meter 32
have you tried another sim?

not sure about your operator but mine always send me a new sim if i so request for free
hhhmm ok i may be a jerk but i'm a jedi jerk like my father was before me
BTW "I can't use a skeleton arm with that"

fraktal
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Hmm. I tried an O2 sim - works fine. Maybe it's because my sim is 3G (and the phone isn't)?

fraktal
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Here's a similar thread on modaco that comes to the same conclusion. If anyone else has the same problem, this is probably the solution.

mac_d4di
Old
Thanks Meter 5
just trying my luck, is there another solution to this issue yet, orange uk wont send me a 2g sim for anything so im stuck

mac_d4di
Old
Thanks Meter 5
UPDATE:
For information orange wont send me a 3g sim as the handset i should have is a 3g phone so they dont want to know
unfortunately I cant keep the phone as its no good to me
Tags
"service center", missing, sim, sms