Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Semi-incompatible sim with new ROMs (can't send texts)...

OP fraktal

18th July 2008, 11:13 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

30 posts
For background, my device is a c500 (typhoon) and I've tried various roms (but I'm using the 6.1 one atm). I didn't have this problem with the stock ROM.

I find that, although the phone works and I can recieve text messages, I can't send them because the "text message service center" field is empty and if I enter anything in the box, it clears as soon as I leave the screen.

Also, trying to use the SIM manager (for contacts etc) returns the message "invalid or missing sim".

To me, this seems to be a semi-incompatible sim card. I've seen other phones with the same issue (eg here) so I don't think it's a specific phone/ROM issue. I've tried SDKCerts.cab and using a cab to install the network settings, neither worked.

Has anyone seen/fixed this before? Thanks.
18th July 2008, 12:35 PM   |  #2  
Retired Moderator
Flag DK
Thanks Meter: 43

12,499 posts
More
have you tried another sim?

not sure about your operator but mine always send me a new sim if i so request for free
18th July 2008, 02:21 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

30 posts
Hmm. I tried an O2 sim - works fine. Maybe it's because my sim is 3G (and the phone isn't)?
19th July 2008, 10:51 AM   |  #4  
OP Member

30 posts
Here's a similar thread on modaco that comes to the same conclusion. If anyone else has the same problem, this is probably the solution.
12th July 2010, 02:50 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 5

82 posts
just trying my luck, is there another solution to this issue yet, orange uk wont send me a 2g sim for anything so im stuck
21st July 2010, 08:25 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 5

82 posts
Unhappy
UPDATE:
For information orange wont send me a 3g sim as the handset i should have is a 3g phone so they dont want to know
unfortunately I cant keep the phone as its no good to me
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
"service center", missing, sim, sms
Previous Thread Next Thread