Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,262 Members 50,017 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

problem updating

Tip us?

bjballar41
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default problem updating

my girlfriends htc inspire will not update the market its still on the old green on not even to the black one yet and it looks like some people have sense 3.5? with the ring and hers doesnt can anyone help me out

Wulamoc
Old
(Last edited by Wulamoc; 29th March 2012 at 10:53 PM.)
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjballar41 View Post
my girlfriends htc inspire will not update the market its still on the old green on not even to the black one yet and it looks like some people have sense 3.5? with the ring and hers doesnt can anyone help me out
I think this translates into:
Quote:
Originally Posted by attempted translation of bjballar41
Yo, my girl's HTC Inspire won't update to google play. It be stuck on the Market icon. Anyone know what be fixin this issue?

Also, I see other peeps with what might be Sense 3.5, but how do I be catching up with that for my girl's phone? She be jealous of those other phone's ringtones!

Please help, and Thanks or somethin
I'm not sure how well my translator works, but it might be accurate enough.

So, bjballar41, uhh in regard to Sense and to the Market/Play question, is your Girlfriends phone rooted?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wulamoc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Agoattamer
Old
Thanks Meter 486
If the phone is not rooted, she might want to check for software/firmware updates. Sounds like she is still running froyo, android 2.2.
Samsung I717R Note
I717RUXMD1 Rogers Deodexed Stock JB ROM

Samsung I497 10.1 Tab2
I497UCBMF2 stock JB

HTC HD2 T9193
Winmo 6.5 Energy.Leo.29022.Sense2.5.Jul.04
2.12.50.02_2 RADIO

ST3ALTHPSYCH0
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Uh, ROM version aside, there's a d/l for the play store.apk. Google it. I did that way back, b/c I was still on market 2.5 (I think)

Phone: Inspire 4g    ROM: AOSPX AR29    Kernel: TalonACE kernel for ICS
Radio: AT&T 12.39a.60.19_26.06.06.30_M & matching RIL

Desktop: ̷W̷i̷n̷d̷o̷w̷s̷ ̷7̷ ̷U̷l̷t̷i̷m̷a̷t̷e̷ ̷x̷6̷4̷ <-HDD issues Currently Fuduntu 64 bit
Laptop: Windows 8 CP

I don't ask for much, but a simple thanks is appreciated if you've benefited from my efforts.

DEVS: Need hosting for your ROM or themes?
PM me about free space on my FTP server.

biglittlegato
Old
(Last edited by biglittlegato; 30th March 2012 at 10:35 PM.)
Thanks Meter 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST3ALTHPSYCH0 View Post
Uh, ROM version aside, there's a d/l for the play store.apk. Google it. I did that way back, b/c I was still on market 2.5 (I think)
But is the play store an improvement? I recently went back to a nandroid of the ROM I found most stable. I have the old market back and am loving it compared to the more recent veal they have foisted upon the unsuspecting masses. Yes, it may be a good idea to have the apk, but I won't install it unless my market stops working. My 2 cents.

Edit: Veal? Really? I typed "crap". Lol, autocorrect.

Disclaimer: This is not advice. It is just something that fell from between my ears.

zelendel
Old
Moderator Committee - The Dark Knight
Thanks Meter 10829

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjballar41
As it is stock ATT never updated the Inspire to anything past 2.3 with the older sense. It didn't even get the Sense 3.0 update HTC pushed out. This is the reason foe not having the lock screen. Unless you root it and flash a custom from it won't happen. The market maybe OS version dependet

If hard work pays off then easy work is worthless
SearchFu
Never Ask someone to do something your not willing to at least try to do yourself.
"Gotham is the work of a madman"- NunHugger Current Nexus 5-12 Nightly

ST3ALTHPSYCH0
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by biglittlegato View Post
But is the play store an improvement? I recently went back to a nandroid of the ROM I found most stable. I have the old market back and am loving it compared to the more recent veal they have foisted upon the unsuspecting masses. Yes, it may be a good idea to have the apk, but I won't install it unless my market stops working. My 2 cents.

Edit: Veal? Really? I typed "crap". Lol, autocorrect.

Disclaimer: This is not advice. It is just something that fell from between my ears.
I don't know about better. It looks like the 3.x series of Market. I will say that the 2.x Market I had had started having random times where it wouldn't connect.

Phone: Inspire 4g    ROM: AOSPX AR29    Kernel: TalonACE kernel for ICS
Radio: AT&T 12.39a.60.19_26.06.06.30_M & matching RIL

Desktop: ̷W̷i̷n̷d̷o̷w̷s̷ ̷7̷ ̷U̷l̷t̷i̷m̷a̷t̷e̷ ̷x̷6̷4̷ <-HDD issues Currently Fuduntu 64 bit
Laptop: Windows 8 CP

I don't ask for much, but a simple thanks is appreciated if you've benefited from my efforts.

DEVS: Need hosting for your ROM or themes?
PM me about free space on my FTP server.