An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge – XDA TV

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara Smartphone Will Run Modified Android L with Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and … more

Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more
Post Reply

problem updating

29th March 2012, 02:06 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
165 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
my girlfriends htc inspire will not update the market its still on the old green on not even to the black one yet and it looks like some people have sense 3.5? with the ring and hers doesnt can anyone help me out
29th March 2012, 10:50 PM   |  #2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 60
 
84 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjballar41

my girlfriends htc inspire will not update the market its still on the old green on not even to the black one yet and it looks like some people have sense 3.5? with the ring and hers doesnt can anyone help me out

I think this translates into:
Quote:
Originally Posted by attempted translation of bjballar41

Yo, my girl's HTC Inspire won't update to google play. It be stuck on the Market icon. Anyone know what be fixin this issue?

Also, I see other peeps with what might be Sense 3.5, but how do I be catching up with that for my girl's phone? She be jealous of those other phone's ringtones!

Please help, and Thanks or somethin

I'm not sure how well my translator works, but it might be accurate enough.

So, bjballar41, uhh in regard to Sense and to the Market/Play question, is your Girlfriends phone rooted?
Last edited by Wulamoc; 29th March 2012 at 10:53 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wulamoc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th March 2012, 02:56 AM   |  #3  
Agoattamer's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag PA
Thanks Meter: 492
 
2,072 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
More
If the phone is not rooted, she might want to check for software/firmware updates. Sounds like she is still running froyo, android 2.2.
30th March 2012, 04:07 AM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Flag Chattanooga, TN
Thanks Meter: 30
 
330 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Uh, ROM version aside, there's a d/l for the play store.apk. Google it. I did that way back, b/c I was still on market 2.5 (I think)
30th March 2012, 10:31 PM   |  #5  
biglittlegato's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cali
Thanks Meter: 147
 
532 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST3ALTHPSYCH0

Uh, ROM version aside, there's a d/l for the play store.apk. Google it. I did that way back, b/c I was still on market 2.5 (I think)

But is the play store an improvement? I recently went back to a nandroid of the ROM I found most stable. I have the old market back and am loving it compared to the more recent veal they have foisted upon the unsuspecting masses. Yes, it may be a good idea to have the apk, but I won't install it unless my market stops working. My 2 cents.

Edit: Veal? Really? I typed "crap". Lol, autocorrect.

Disclaimer: This is not advice. It is just something that fell from between my ears.
Last edited by biglittlegato; 30th March 2012 at 10:35 PM.
30th March 2012, 11:31 PM   |  #6  
zelendel's Avatar
Moderator Committee - The Dark Knight
Flag Watching from the Shadows
Thanks Meter: 11,165
 
14,593 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjballar41

my girlfriends htc inspire will not update the market its still on the old green on not even to the black one yet and it looks like some people have sense 3.5? with the ring and hers doesnt can anyone help me out

As it is stock ATT never updated the Inspire to anything past 2.3 with the older sense. It didn't even get the Sense 3.0 update HTC pushed out. This is the reason foe not having the lock screen. Unless you root it and flash a custom from it won't happen. The market maybe OS version dependet
30th March 2012, 11:43 PM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Flag Chattanooga, TN
Thanks Meter: 30
 
330 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by biglittlegato

But is the play store an improvement? I recently went back to a nandroid of the ROM I found most stable. I have the old market back and am loving it compared to the more recent veal they have foisted upon the unsuspecting masses. Yes, it may be a good idea to have the apk, but I won't install it unless my market stops working. My 2 cents.

Edit: Veal? Really? I typed "crap". Lol, autocorrect.

Disclaimer: This is not advice. It is just something that fell from between my ears.

I don't know about better. It looks like the 3.x series of Market. I will say that the 2.x Market I had had started having random times where it wouldn't connect.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes