[Q] dell streak stuck at dell logo

Search This thread

rans4all

Mar 30, 2012
I've already read a billion posts here and on other web pages but of no use.
I ws running android froyo on my dell streak which I later upgraded to a custom ROM (gingerstreak) with base 2.3.3
Now I ws trying to change from the custom ROM to the official gingerbread ROM by ohlle. I used fastboot mode to do so. The entire process went fine however when my device booted after the update.pkg was installed, it got stuck at the dell logo.

It does not go into fastboot or recovery mode. QDL tools don't detect my device. It doesn't even switches off from the dell logo screen. I have to pull out the battery to reboot it only to get stuck at the dell logo screen again.

Please help me

nitin1978

Mar 30, 2009
New Delhi
I ws running android froyo on my dell streak which I later upgraded to a custom ROM (gingerstreak) with base 2.3.3
Now I ws trying to change from the custom ROM to the official gingerbread ROM by ohlle. I used fastboot mode to do so. The entire process went fine however when my device booted after the update.pkg was installed, it got stuck at the dell logo.

It does not go into fastboot or recovery mode. QDL tools don't detect my device. It doesn't even switches off from the dell logo screen. I have to pull out the battery to reboot it only to get stuck at the dell logo screen again.

Please help me

i get the same problem whenever i try to install .pkg. you just download the update.zip file from the below link provided by the manni. install the recovery of update 406 then flash the update.zip you downloaded, it should work.

http://mirror2.streakdroid.com/manii/407/update.zip

Sent from my Dell Streak using XDA

Reactions: mideel

rsfinsrq

nitin1978

Mar 30, 2009
New Delhi
I think you need StreakMod Recovery to flash .zip files. Stock recovery to flash .pkg files.
yes streakmod recovery is definitly needed, but still you'll get same problem if you try to install update.pkg, but if you flash update.zip it'll surely work... telling this as per my experience with same type of problem....

most important I think.... we cannot flash .pkg file using streakmod recovery if i am not wrong ?

fyrogenesis

Oct 24, 2009
KL
i am sure OP means he CANNOT access recovery/fastboot with the usual buttons combination and just stuck at DELL logo.

i know because i also have the problem at this moment. dunno what to do..

QDL tool failed, Streakflash failed, :(

so help plss

iFilae

Dec 30, 2007
Makassar
Same case here...
-posible charge
-streakflash success but cannot entering fastboot
-QDL fail .. ERROR[D2]: wait ADB fastboot mode timeout! don't know how to intall ADB driver while Streak cannot entering fastboot with power+camera button

Strephon Alkhalikoi

Aug 3, 2010
Vulcan
Samsung Galaxy S4
Nexus 6

Please help me
When you say "I used fastboot mode to do so" did you perhaps type in "fastboot -w" or "fastboot -erase" at some point? If you didn't then something became corrupted within the Streak. In any case, try to recall exactly what you did and post it.

The symptoms you describe point to one of two things that I can think of:

1. The Streak is bricked and will require someone with a JTAG device to resurrect.
2. The internal MicroSD has become unreadable and needs to be replaced.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Please help me

i get the same problem whenever i try to install .pkg. you just download the update.zip file from the below link provided by the manni. install the recovery of update 406 then flash the update.zip you downloaded, it should work.

http://mirror2.streakdroid.com/manii/407/update.zip

Sent from my Dell Streak using XDA