Post Reply

[HELP THREAD] HTC Sensation | Ask any question | Noob friendly.

30th March 2012, 05:55 AM   |  #1931  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 57
 
384 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by azzledazzle

Hi, You need S-OFF (which i assume you have with CWM and Root) And you need SuperCID.

Then you need to choose a ROM that best suits you and follow the instructions carefully, You will need a Firmware based upon the ROM you choose, Which most, if not all, Require firmware 3.32... (for ICS )

Have a read through these links before you commit to anything (if you havent done so already)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1192300
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1472298
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1480061

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

Kohr-Ah -- your just to fast

Anyone here fancy playing a little game ?? Lets see how many people can say 'YES' (except me im not allowed)

@azzledazzle - Thanks for the details. I am such a noob that while reading above thread many things just gone over my head. First I briefly give you the status of my Sensation. Yes you are right. It is S-OFF, with CWM and Root. I think I SuperCID also. I run the command which give me my phone serial id plus CID 111111. Now I selected Mark1986's Android Revolution HD 6.5.5 rom. I gone thru his thread and frankly speaking most of the instructions just difficult for me to understand. And even I could not found the link for rom as well as 4eXT recovery. Could you please do a favour for me and explain me in a simple way what files do I need to flash the rom and direct links of the files. And if you think this rom is not for me can you guide me to another ICS rom which I may be able to flash easily without danger of bricking my phone. I know, am really asking to much but I very keen to upgrade my phone firmware. Thank you in advance.
30th March 2012, 09:36 AM   |  #1932  
randzre's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
107 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
retained s-off but can't flash cwm
I have a sensation xe, i successfully rooted it (using revolutionary) when it was still on GB, however when i discovered ICS update was already available I tried looked for ways so I could get the ICS update, so I used a link posted in one of the threads here (Android Recovery Manager). Note though that before I used that recovery manager, i was already messing around with my phone, i even restored the back up i had before i flashed CWM 5.0.2.

I followed the instructions in the Android recovery manager and true indeed, i got my ICS update, my problem now is, I can no longer flash CWM, and I can't get root. I tried diffrent recovery zip files but my phone would just say "no image found". I tried the first recovery zip I used, but it gave me error " wrong id... something.."

One more thing I noticed was
during GB Rooted it says

---REVOLUTIONARY---
PYRAMID PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT 1.17.1111
RADIO 10.14.9035.02_2
eMMC-BOOT

AFTER I GOT THE ICS UPDATE

--LOCKED--
PYRAMID PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT 1.27.0000
RADIO 11.23.3504.07_M2
OpenADSP v02.6.0.2226.00.0131
eMMC - boot

what do i do to be rooted again?
do I need to flash a CWM recovery specifically associated with my phone's present settings?

Your help would be greatly appreciated...

I really want to maximize my phone's potentials.. thanx
30th March 2012, 10:03 AM   |  #1933  
Member
Flag Cardiff
Thanks Meter: 3
 
38 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohr-Ah

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardmlyte

Is it possible to have a custom sense rom which doesn't have that circle slide unlock but still have the lock screen? So like vanilla android where pressing the power button (from standby) instantly shows the code unlock screen.

If you install leeroid tweaks on of the options in it is to install the AOSP Lockscreen (Unless you don't want any form of slide to unlock then unfort I don't know of any)

So ICS has to have a slide to unlock function as well as the lock screen (like iOS...argh why copy their ideas!!). I guess I can still get a vanilla gingerbread ROM for the sensation. Any recommendations, or should I just sort the threads by popularity and find the first sense-free Gingerbread ROM thread?
30th March 2012, 10:33 AM   |  #1934  
Account currently disabled
Flag XDA Sucks !
Thanks Meter: 2,022
 
5,043 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by javedabbasi

@azzledazzle - Thanks for the details. I am such a noob that while reading above thread many things just gone over my head. First I briefly give you the status of my Sensation. Yes you are right. It is S-OFF, with CWM and Root. I think I SuperCID also. I run the command which give me my phone serial id plus CID 111111. Now I selected Mark1986's Android Revolution HD 6.5.5 rom. I gone thru his thread and frankly speaking most of the instructions just difficult for me to understand. And even I could not found the link for rom as well as 4eXT recovery. Could you please do a favour for me and explain me in a simple way what files do I need to flash the rom and direct links of the files. And if you think this rom is not for me can you guide me to another ICS rom which I may be able to flash easily without danger of bricking my phone. I know, am really asking to much but I very keen to upgrade my phone firmware. Thank you in advance.


Hi, no worries, The next few steps are relatively simple, The hard work lies with superCID and S-OFF (which you already have)

Get 4EXT Recovery from - http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...1&d=1332793798

Then what you need to do is flash 3.32 firmware - http://goo.gl/RcbMy

Once you have flashed that, Mount USB Storage in recovery and remove it from your SD card so that it will not update next time you go into bootloader.

whilst you have USB storage open you need to copy the files to your SD Card - These files are
>Superwipe Script - http://tinyurl.com/3qt4nx2
>Mikes 6.5.5 ROM (latest) - http://goo.gl/kxtvk

So once you have the correct firmware installed, Along with 4EXT Recovery, Flash the superwipe script THEN the ROM. Then you are good to go......

I think i have covered all the steps but i URGE you to read these threads below, If you do not understand them READ AGAIN until you do.... I will not be held responsible if something goes wrong.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1471941 < How to flash ARHD ROMs.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1098849 < ARHD Thread, Any queries... Ask there....

Good luck !

PS : Always Check MD5 Checksums match..... FOR EVERYTHING YOU FLASH !! http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...1&d=1330459716
The Following User Says Thank You to azzledazzle For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th March 2012, 10:34 AM   |  #1935  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Confused
So far I have rooted, s-off'ed and installed clockwork recovery and done the superCID process.

I have researched on how I can revert all of this stuff to stock but just getting a little confused by it all. So I have a few questions that I hope you guys can answer.

1. If I want to go back to the stock XT gingerbread rom do I just get the zip. and flash it through CWM? And will this remove the root and go back to stock recovery?

2. How do I un-superCID my phone? Will this happen when I revert to stock?

3. I am looking at flashing the Virtuous Inquisition rom. Because I have gone through superCID, it should work on my Telecom XT sim should it not? Or will I also need to sim-unlock the phone aswell for me to be able to call, text etc?

Cheers in advance.
30th March 2012, 11:15 AM   |  #1936  
xdaco's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 448
 
862 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latham

So far I have rooted, s-off'ed and installed clockwork recovery and done the superCID process.

I have researched on how I can revert all of this stuff to stock but just getting a little confused by it all. So I have a few questions that I hope you guys can answer.

1. If I want to go back to the stock XT gingerbread rom do I just get the zip. and flash it through CWM? And will this remove the root and go back to stock recovery?

2. How do I un-superCID my phone? Will this happen when I revert to stock?

3. I am looking at flashing the Virtuous Inquisition rom. Because I have gone through superCID, it should work on my Telecom XT sim should it not? Or will I also need to sim-unlock the phone aswell for me to be able to call, text etc?

Cheers in advance.


Ans.
1. You want to go back to stock you have to run a suitable gingerbread ruu. This will remove CWM, Eng. HBOOT and ROOT. You will still remain S-OFF and superCID. After this you can do S-ON if you want . As you are superCID you can run any gingerbread ruu. But if you want career specific then select XT specific RUU.

2. If you want to change your CID , You can do it in fastboot. The method is exaclt same as superCID. Only you have to replace the value "11111111" with your XT specific CID. So the command should be :

fastboot oem writecid your-cid-here

To run this command you should have an unlocked or Engg. HBOOT ( e.g. HBOOT V1.17 or HBOOT v1.27.1100 ) So if your RUU does have some other version of HBOOT , then you should perform this step before running the RUU. You have to unSuperCID manually . It will never be changed by running RUU or any other zip to revert to stock.

3. Using your phone with other SIM card does not depend on ROM type . Your phone should be career unlocked else it will not accept the SIM card other than it is associated to. So I will ask is your phone is now career locked ?? If so perform the career unlock / sim unlock method given the third post of this thread.
Last edited by xdaco; 30th March 2012 at 11:18 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xdaco For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th March 2012, 11:19 AM   |  #1937  
dexter93's Avatar
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,981
 
11,460 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Donate to Me
More
Next guy to answer gets in the hall of fame
Ruu error: FAILED (remote: 12 signature verify fail)
What went wrong? Quiz time... Let's see if you can get it


Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk
30th March 2012, 11:23 AM   |  #1938  
allhill's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 23
 
349 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
Donate to Me
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by musarraf172

I believe by " rooted sensation" you meant s-off sensation. So of that is the case then you should have
1. Stock ROM
2 . Stock recovery
3. And a region or career specific CID

Then only you will receive ota update.


Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2 Beta-2

now i have to learn how to get a stock recovery

thanks musarraf172
30th March 2012, 11:52 AM   |  #1939  
undercover's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag London, UK
Thanks Meter: 4,259
 
13,918 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter93

Next guy to answer gets in the hall of fame
Ruu error: FAILED (remote: 12 signature verify fail)
What went wrong? Quiz time... Let's see if you can get it


Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk

RUU with lower bootloader than the current one

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4
30th March 2012, 11:55 AM   |  #1940  
Account currently disabled
Flag XDA Sucks !
Thanks Meter: 2,022
 
5,043 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinky1

RUU with lower bootloader than the current one

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

You created the hall of fame, You cannot be in it that's cheating lol !!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
a bunch of guys who know it all, answer, can i get a hug?, ganesh is hero, guru ganesh, help me now i burnt my carrot cake, malybru is da best, noob, question, save me tinky1, sensation
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes