The Best Android ROM Out There

27th March 2012, 02:20 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Hello Everyone ! My first post on XDA-developers forum , so Yes! I'm a noob as the registration video showed me .

So The Question is : Topic Title

Short Description :

I have Android 2.1 ( Official Update form HTC ) on my Hero , and I want to root it , but I'm not sure what ROM should I use . From my previous experience , CM was very good on my HTC Click / Tattoo , but in Hero I seen ( read ) that it's kind of slow .
There are lots of ROM's for Hero and I'm searching for one that meets up this conditions :
  1. Extended Battery Life ( Currently ~ 2 Days , but if i use Wi-Fi or play games it drains very fast )
  2. Good Call Reception ( just like it's now )
  3. And the main criteria : since the ARM will be at ~760 mHZ ( i think ) , to be FAST .

I want to install APP2SD , and i'm not looking for eye-taking theme's , I want PERFORMANCE .
So please tell me your experience with this ROM's . Thank You in advance
27th March 2012, 02:42 PM   |  #2  
Flag Bergen
Thanks Meter: 414

1,672 posts
Vanilla Eclair is nice, though I don't get as good battery as with CM7 But if you overclock all the way to 760 you won't get two days use out of it, I use 672 and get one day with much use
The Following User Says Thank You to Habarug For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th March 2012, 10:19 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
So , here I'm back again with my Hero running elelinux ( the one updated on 22.03.2012 ) and I have some questions .

What's the medium battery life you get on this ROM ?
* for me the battery life is ok , but when I surf the internet on Mobile Data ( 2G Only selected ) the battery drains so fast , let's say something like 1 % every 1 ( maybe 2 ) minutes .

Also , I have problems with the Home Screen .
* because 2.3.7 doesn't have a Digital Clock Widget I have installed one from the market ( Retro Clock ) , it happens after exiting a " hungry " resource app , the Homescreen remains empty and i have to wait a bunch of seconds to re - appear . Any fix ?

Not really a problem , just not used to it
* if I plug in my headphone's ( with DSP Manager On ) the audio is great but after the song finishes the headphones make a noisy sound for 1 - 3 seconds , any fix for that ?

Also any tested speed improvement's ( without to much battery impact ) will be useful . Awaiting responses . Thank You , Raoul .
29th March 2012, 11:07 PM   |  #4  
Flag Dudley
Thanks Meter: 109

330 posts
More
i find that theres a battery drain on all cm based gingerbread roms when your actually using the phone. but i have no idea what causes is. maybe someone could shed some light on that

about your homescreen resetting. go into settings, then click on cyanogenmod/advanced settings (can't remember what its called on that rom), then click on performance, then check the lock home in memory option

hope that helps
The Following User Says Thank You to BeatsByMessi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th March 2012, 10:01 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Thank you for the quick response , I locked the home , no problem so far .

Another problem , i forgot to mention :

* From time to time , my screen acts like I am clicking something , but doesn't enter that app or function , it only randomly appears like clicking but it doesn't do anything , maybe scrolling without me doing so .

Any advice ?
30th March 2012, 11:33 AM   |  #6  
Flag Bergen
Thanks Meter: 414

1,672 posts
I have no idea. I pretty much get the same batterylife on every rom, it just manages a day But LeWa for example seems to have a bug which drains battery like crazy :/
1st April 2012, 07:39 PM   |  #7  
Flag Knurów (Silesia)
Thanks Meter: 12

67 posts
Try that:

1.Decked X :http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1276544

Decked X is clear AOSP Rom (clear Android GB without everything what you can find in Sense Roms).

2.Some apk for OC (ex. Antutu CPU Master). In options change frequency for Screen-off for something like ~250-350 MHz (other for different kernels).

I haven't more ideas for you.
The Following User Says Thank You to ras.mastav For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th April 2012, 09:53 AM   |  #8  
Flag Copenhagen
Thanks Meter: 68

379 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul94

Thank you for the quick response , I locked the home , no problem so far .

Another problem , i forgot to mention :

* From time to time , my screen acts like I am clicking something , but doesn't enter that app or function , it only randomly appears like clicking but it doesn't do anything , maybe scrolling without me doing so .

Any advice ?

My screen started clicking stuff on its own, and I had to get the screen replaced, maybe it's the same problem?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread