Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Camera Shootout vs Iphone 4s

OP motionUS

30th March 2012, 03:42 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
104 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
Not off to a good start for the one x. Kind of disappointing from my eyes, except for the HDR photo.

http://asia.cnet.com/camera-shootout...62214101.htm#0
30th March 2012, 03:43 PM   |  #2  
chrisjcks's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bolton
Thanks Meter: 995
 
3,053 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by motionUS

Not off to a good start for the one x. Kind of disappointing from my eyes, except for the HDR photo.

http://asia.cnet.com/camera-shootout...62214101.htm#0

This has already been posted & you seriously cannot trust cnet - they are widely known to be pro-apple!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
30th March 2012, 03:45 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
104 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
my bad. Go ahead and remove this post.

I agree, you can't trust CNET
30th March 2012, 03:47 PM   |  #4  
hamdir's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Beirut
Thanks Meter: 14,308
 
21,817 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
already posted in two threads but what the hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamdir

sharpness along with edge noise can be turned off by sharpness -2

camera samples looks bigger on the iPhone this is because the stupid tester didn't turn off widescreen aspect in the settings menu and hence the One X image turned out less than full 8MPixels

seems a more detailed is resolved in darkness and black thanks to f2.0, it takes a second to burn/contrast these images from the HTC gallery effects menu!

the backlight photo of the girl is excellent

the One X is resolving more details @ full scale crops too

I am actually surprised how close they look! is this the same sensor source? sony?

i see the One X a clear winner, thanks to more detail in darkness, shutter speed and backlight HDR, image contrast is for you to adjust from the camera app or the gallery!

The article concludes

"Overall, whether the One X or the iPhone 4S has a better camera boils down to individual preferences. The One X delivers sharper images at the expense of some noise, while the iPhone 4S delivers better colors and noise control.

Personally, the fast shutter speed and sharper images of the One X feel like the better option."

30th March 2012, 04:52 PM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 35
 
815 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamdir

already posted in two threads but what the hell

but color should be a priority too right? im pretty sadden that the shots by the one x look really washed out when compared to the iphone shots side by side.. especially in this shot..

30th March 2012, 04:55 PM   |  #6  
hamdir's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Beirut
Thanks Meter: 14,308
 
21,817 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by fi3ry_icy

but color should be a priority too right? im pretty sadden that the shots by the one x look really washed out when compared to the iphone shots side by side.. especially in this shot..

banging my head to the table



iPhone has no settings while HTC gives you the choice...this is the settings menu from a much older device, new one has exposure added plus the gallery allows you to adjust contrast including an auto mode

i guess we should all nag so that in their next phone they remove this functionality and lock down the camera app into three buttons like the iphone: video, still, HDR

in fact why don't we just all go and buy iPhones!

look at the sackboy head and the white/black photo in the background and the painting and the left side of the image, how much detail is resolved in dark areas! thats what f2.0 is all about, more dynamic range!

guys mark my words, this is the same Sony Exmor sensor on the iPhone 4s, f2.0 variant + HTC Imagechip, the images are absurdly close
Last edited by hamdir; 30th March 2012 at 05:39 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to hamdir For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th March 2012, 05:18 PM   |  #7  
Jobiza's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 59
 
429 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamdir

banging my head to the table



iPhone has no settings while HTC gives you the choice...this is the settings menu from a much older device, new one has exposure added plus the gallery allows you to adjust contrast including an auto mode

i guess we should all nag so that in their next phone they remove this functionality and lock down the camera app into three buttons like the iphone: video, still, HDR

in fact why don't we just all go and buy iPhones!

look at the sackboy head and the white/black photo in the background and the painting and the left side of the image, how much detail is resolved in dark areas! thats what f2.0 is all about, more dynamic range!

guys mark my words, this is the same Sony Exmor on the iPhone 4s, f2.0 variant + HTC Imagechip, the images are absurdly close

I totally agree with this!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes