OP jaybob413

24th March 2012, 09:50 AM   |  #1381  
Flag San Antonio, TX
Thanks Meter: 278

1,590 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie_G

When I "df -h" in terminal emulator, I get 108.8M as my system size. How are you running with it set at 105?

Some searching reveals someone posting this, saying it is Sobe's market fix. Is this right? Anything different/changed?

Code:
1. adb shell
2. su
3. mkdir /cache/download
4. chown system:cache /cache/download
5. chmod ug+rwx /cache/download
6. chmod a+x /cache/download
Update: I just changed my system & cache to 110 & 2 using firerats 1.5.9 beta WITHOUT doing the above steps, and just downloaded and installed an app from "Google Play" 3.4.7 without problems. I will update if I encounter any.

2 things, 1, thanks for reporting being able to set cache at 2, and 2, thanks for not using Craptastic Play Store v3.5.15...

That being said, today I am a SAD PANDA... the plastic tabs on the side came off my extended battery door when I was pulling the battery for a reset (stupid mistake I made)... Q_Q
24th March 2012, 06:07 PM   |  #1382  
Flag College Station, TX
Thanks Meter: 33

268 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerfest

2 things, 1, thanks for reporting being able to set cache at 2, and 2, thanks for not using Craptastic Play Store v3.5.15...

That being said, today I am a SAD PANDA... the plastic tabs on the side came off my extended battery door when I was pulling the battery for a reset (stupid mistake I made)... Q_Q

I'm not intentionally trying to use that play store version. Will it upgrade itself at some point? What is different in the upgrade?

The back cover lock tabs broke off my phone a while ago, and I use a piece of double sided tape just above the camera to keep the cover from sliding off. But you can probably buy a new back door for pretty cheap.
25th March 2012, 07:35 PM   |  #1383  
Flag SC
Thanks Meter: 20

48 posts
More
I just wanted to post to say that after coming from a CM7 nightly, I'm loving this ROM. It's just really great. I don't know enough about the specifics of what's changed, but it runs so well that I can use GO Launcher EX now, which just never seemed to run well enough before.

So yeah, I think this ROM might be about the best mix of features and responsiveness for the Hero out there, and it will definitely keep me satisfied until the One X / Jet / LTE EVO or whatever they end up calling it is released.

About the only bug I've come across is that sometimes after a phone call, the display is set at maximum brightness. I'm not using auto brightness. I am using the status bar slide brightness control though, and since it doesn't seem to happen every time, maybe it's possible I'm doing it with my ear, and it's not a bug after all? Not sure.
30th March 2012, 03:00 PM   |  #1384  
Flag Newport Beach, CA
Thanks Meter: 72

631 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie_G

When I "df -h" in terminal emulator, I get 108.8M as my system size. How are you running with it set at 105?

Some searching reveals someone posting this, saying it is Sobe's market fix. Is this right? Anything different/changed?

Code:
1. adb shell
2. su
3. mkdir /cache/download
4. chown system:cache /cache/download
5. chmod ug+rwx /cache/download
6. chmod a+x /cache/download
Update: I just changed my system & cache to 110 & 2 using firerats 1.5.9 beta WITHOUT doing the above steps, and just downloaded and installed an app from "Google Play" 3.4.7 without problems. I will update if I encounter any.

I pull some things out of the zip like Cyanabread and Androidian themes to lower the mb's of the system partition to use mtd 105 2. I also use a different LatinIME.apk that is smaller. I haven't tried 1.5.9, but that is the market fix that you have posted. I'll have to try the newer firerat's.
2nd April 2012, 04:26 PM   |  #1385  
Flag Washington D.C.
Thanks Meter: 419

2,000 posts
More
Best ROM this section has. Love it.
2nd April 2012, 08:21 PM   |  #1386  
Thanks Meter: 1

47 posts
this rom runs really hot for me. the phone gets hot from all the battery use. i just flashed it with the latest gapps. It also did this when i flashed it back in december. using the latest one now.

any settings i have to tweak?
3rd April 2012, 12:15 AM   |  #1387  
Flag Washington D.C.

2,000 posts
More
What speed is your CPU clocked at?
3rd April 2012, 05:43 PM   |  #1388  
Thanks Meter: 1

47 posts
in CM settings, the box was unchecked which said set cpu settings on reboot. i checked that now. its using smartass v2 as governor, min 352,max650 (these were the default settings on the rom). what settings are recommended, and why dont better settings come by default?
heat has died down a bit now, but was really bad when i was download a bunch of apps through 3g.
thanks
3rd April 2012, 06:48 PM   |  #1389  
Flag Washington D.C.

2,000 posts
More
Not all Hero are built equally. You have to find what speeds are best for your device. My phone gets hot, but that's because I clock it at 768 since it can handle it.
17th April 2012, 11:09 PM   |  #1390  
Flag St. Francis, Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 317

884 posts
More
What version of gapps is everyone using with this off hand. Going to update my little old Hero in just a few and want to make sure I get the right gapps for this.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread