Getting force close when doing this ... Settings > Language & Keyboard >
1. Android keyboard (deselect it)
2. Built-in keyboard (change settings)
"The application Android keyboard (process.com.android.inputmethod.latin) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." Then another message saying that Built-in keyboard is not responding. Then no keyboard when trying Google search (duh).
Rebooting puts the system back to Android keyboard and all is well.
This is just a regression test --- I'm happy with Android keyboard.
[UPDATE, 29 Mar 2012] Summary:
• While setting up Google account: “Slide keyboard open to continue”, I couldn’t find any keyboard to slide open, so I skipped Google account setup, then disabled Google device tracking, and set time parameters
• Auto brightness selection not available in Settings > Display > Brightness (or is this intended)?
• Force close on keyboard after deselecting Android keyboard and changing settings on Built-in keyboard
• Reboot hangs at LG icon when plugged into USB or charger.
So I wiped data/cache, factory reset, wiped dalvik-cache and battery stats, re-flashed CM 7.2.0 RC1, recommended stock kernel and gapps and rebooted. Same results as above.
Of course this is on a P505 instead of P500. So if users are not seeing these problems on their P500s then perhaps: 1) I’m doing something wrong, 2) install zips are corrupt and/or 3) my P505 is not compatible with this build. And if no one else is having these problems on their P505s, then I probably don’t belong on this thread
Notwithstanding this is an awesome build, and I look forward to testing the nightlies on my budget phone. Thanks devs!