Thread Closed

[CLOSED]doubleshot kernel project OC/UV ( 03-17-2012 )

30th March 2012, 03:21 AM   |  #41  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,135

1,771 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by levp

Would it be possible to get a TUN.ko module compatible with either of these kernels?

TYVM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by levp

It is required for OpenVPN to work.
http://vpnblog.info/android-openvpn-strongvpn.html
"You need properly configured TUN driver, OpenVPN will connect to the VPN but you will not be able to actually use. Driver file tun.ko will vary depending on your phone and kernel. The correct tun.ko can only be provided by the person/group who provided you your Android kernel"

Things are going to get a bit chaotic real quick if we make a bunch of kernels with different features - it's a lot more to track and troubleshoot.

I'd like to get the CPU table set and stable, tested and working well before adding other things.

I think before I switch gears and start working on undervolt I could go ahead and enact these changes before moving on, as well as some others that have been mentioned and even more that i've wanted to change.

Given that i'll be making new versions but keeping the old versions available so people can switch back and forth to test things out it'll become too convoluted of a project for me to tackle the way i'm approaching it at this phase. Once CPU tables are set we can explore other options is the way I see it.
30th March 2012, 04:43 AM   |  #42  
Brooklyn, NY
Thanks Meter: 149

803 posts
Donate to Me
More
everytime i flash a kernel everything works ecept for wifi. im s-on unlocked using bulletproof
30th March 2012, 05:18 AM   |  #43  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,135

1,771 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac3theone

everytime i flash a kernel everything works ecept for wifi. im s-on unlocked using bulletproof

You have to install the modules too, so flash the flashable zip in addition to fastboot flashing the kernel and you will have wifi again.

S-OFF can just flash the flashable zip in recovery.

S-ON UNLOCKED needs to flash the flashable zip in recovery AND fastboot flash the kernel image.

That'll fix your wifi issues.

If you need the kernel modules for a stock kernel, go here:

Stock WiFi Modules
30th March 2012, 06:17 AM   |  #44  
Thanks Meter: 54

498 posts
Ok thank you very much blue! I really really appreciate the effort you put into your very detailed responses. I can't thank you enough for those I've learned so much through your posts alone.

I flashed the UV6 kernel today morning when at 100% at around 6:15 am. It is now 1:09 am and I just put it to charge at 5%. The battery life is amazing! Not to mention I have it running oced at 1.5ghz till 50% where it drops to 1.35ghz and so on respectively using setcpu.

Up until now no random reboots. And previously with your 1.7ghz kernel I got 2 random reboots in about a weeks use. One was while charging, and the other was while in my pocket.
I really like the progress I'm seeing with the development on this device thanks to you blue, tbalden, wildchild, and the virtuous team now that tbaldens a part of them .

I was coming from tbaldens sense ics port and previously the desensed pyroice but, I couldn't stand the screen blackouts and battery pulls to fix the blackouts. They were happening way to frequently (at least once a day). For now, ill stick with blues ultra stable gb rom and will switch to ics (I love ics) when there's a more stable port or a cm9 build with everything working as is (wifi , gps, hotspot, mms, etc).

Sent from my Bulletproof_Doubleshot using Tapatalk
30th March 2012, 04:00 PM   |  #45  
Brooklyn, NY

803 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue6IX

You have to install the modules too, so flash the flashable zip in addition to fastboot flashing the kernel and you will have wifi again.

S-OFF can just flash the flashable zip in recovery.

S-ON UNLOCKED needs to flash the flashable zip in recovery AND fastboot flash the kernel image.

That'll fix your wifi issues.

If you need the kernel modules for a stock kernel, go here:

Stock WiFi Modules

Thanks I'll give it a try now

Sent from my Bulletproof_Doubleshot using Tapatalk
30th March 2012, 05:47 PM   |  #46  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 3

39 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue6IX

Once CPU tables are set we can explore other options is the way I see it.

Fair enough. Just keep that request in your list please

EDIT: UV6 seems to be the most stable for me (no freezes/reboots after 24 hours).
30th March 2012, 06:51 PM   |  #47  
Brooklyn, NY

803 posts
Donate to Me
More
it worked thank youuuu your the best
30th March 2012, 08:11 PM   |  #48  
Flag Cleveland, Tn
Thanks Meter: 975

1,444 posts
More
When I first tried this ROM out I was very pleased with it's stability and how well EVERYthing works in it but I did move on to others to try. The battery life was better than stock but still was lacking. BUT NOW!!?? Holy Smokes Blue!! I did a fresh install of BulletProof and then flashed your "UV5" kernel to this bad-boy and after settling in for 3 days I am right now looking @ 82% battery life still left after almost 11 hours of medium use!! (Market...1 hour of phone calls....wifi calling on.....and tethering my GTab to it for about 45 mins.)

GEEEEZE! What a HUGE difference. I'm going to give "UV6" a try over the weekend and see if it remains as stable.

KUDOS BLUE!! NICE WORK!
30th March 2012, 10:47 PM   |  #49  
Flag Wilmington, DE
Thanks Meter: 19

491 posts
More
will there ever be a day when one of these will work with 1.55.531.3
30th March 2012, 11:06 PM   |  #50  
Flag Roseville
Thanks Meter: 265

1,714 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchetrizzo

will there ever be a day when one of these will work with 1.55.531.3

That's the goal here

Typed by ---- oh wait! I'm schizophrenic!

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread