Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,266 Members 41,595 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Should I cook another stock custom rom based on LB4_FOP firmware?
Yes 13 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

[ROM] {P6810 - WIFI ONLY} nOOb 2.1 [Stock: XXLB4-FOP] [03/30/2012]

Tip us?

Gam3r 4 Life
Old
Thanks Meter 238
Question about 2.1. Is the bloatware in post #2 for your original rom, or is it the same that was removed from your new 2.1. If its not the same is it compatible? Thanks
1st Corinthians 10:13

My Phone: T-Mobile Galaxy S4 White 16gb : Stock Rooted JB 4.2.2, TWRP 2.7

UpInTheAir
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4507
Thanks for the ROM update mate. Was in the process of cooking the same ROM, but do like all your included tweaks. Hopefully you'll be able to whip up that flashable zip for the full version soon.Thanks.

Sent from my GT-P6810 using xda premium
THANKS costs nothing.......

N9005 HLTE : Developer of :

SkyHigh Kernels for SM-T700/705, SM-N9005 & SGT 7.7 : P6810 - P6800

SkyHigh JB ROMs for SGT 7.7

P6810 + kernel & P6800 (discontinued)

[TWEAK] SGT 7.7 Battery Calibration [Fuel Gauge Reset]

[Guide] Flash Official JB 4.1.2 Firmware on P6810 Wi-Fi Device

+ Many other guides, mods & contributions

davp
Old
(Last edited by davp; 30th March 2012 at 10:02 PM.)
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdinrtiste View Post
i ran into a couple problems on my tab. but that's just probably all the crap i installed on 1.0. I would recommend a full wipe
but...
if you want, you can try flashing without full wipe... it doesn't hurt... Just do a nandroid (cwm backup) first, then wipe cache, wipe dalvik, and flash it

let me know how it goes
Thanks snobrdinrtiste, I used this approach for 2.1slim upgrading from noob1(slim),
it worked for me. So far tested wifi, market updates, file txfer to pc, gps.
Haven't noticed any issue yet. Thanks for your work.

snobrdinrtiste
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gam3r 4 Life View Post
Question about 2.1. Is the bloatware in post #2 for your original rom, or is it the same that was removed from your new 2.1. If its not the same is it compatible? Thanks
I'll upload the bloatware for 2.1 to post 2 tonight

Sent from my GT-P6810 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4
The Following User Says Thank You to snobrdinrtiste For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

snobrdinrtiste
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
nOOb 2.1 slim bloatware is now available for download in the 2nd post
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to snobrdinrtiste For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ftgg99
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 2044
Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdinrtiste View Post
nOOb 2.1 custom stock rom is now serving! It is based on the stock XXLB4-FOP P6810 firmware. DO NOT flash this onto a P6800 (3G) tab!!!
This might be my last custom stock rom until ICS comes out...whenever that may be... I really want ICS!!!!! lol

For version 2.1, I only made a Slim version. I'll zip up the XXLB4 bloatware and make it available in the second post later.
If enough people ask, i'll make a Full version... maybe....

Thanks & Credits:
  • Task650 for all his help with getting init.d to run on the stock kernel, his build.prop tweaks and his help with the updater-script (mad props to you bro)
  • sk806 for helping me speed tweak the rom, init.d tweaks and answering all my questions while working on his Magnolia ROM!
  • Crysis21 for allowing me to port his battery percentage/charging animation from his Sensation ROM for the SGS2
  • Antiochasylum for his ICS status bar icons
  • ezynow for being the first to mod the extended power menu
  • eaglerazor123 for pointing me in the right direction to start creating this rom
  • ssaass for allowing me to use his graphics (black status bar) Thanks!
  • If I left anyone else out... my badd... just let me know and i'll add you here
Ill be trying this. Keep up the good work, you have my 8 thanks for today

dfkt_
Old
Thanks Meter 122
I've edited the status bar of Noob 2.1 to have a plain black background without grey stripe on the top border. I found the grey stripe to be distracting in some apps, I like it more without it. The background of the mini-app bar is black too.

Thought I share it, maybe it's useful for someone else too. Just replace the old SystemUI.apk in /system/apps, and give the new one RW-R-R permissions, then reboot.

This is for the P6810 - I don't know if it will work with the P6800 as well.

Attached Files
File Type: apk SystemUI-dfkt-black-bg-Noob21.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1.55 MB, 20 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to dfkt_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aridoasis
Old
Thanks Meter 12
just got my tab yesterday, and flashed this rom today. so far, i'm very, much enjoying the rom.

if you are panning to release a new version, please include the hidebar application and customizeable UA Strings for the stock browser...

Sent from my GT-P6810 using XDA

snobrdinrtiste
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by aridoasis View Post
just got my tab yesterday, and flashed this rom today. so far, i'm very, much enjoying the rom.

if you are panning to release a new version, please include the hidebar application and customizeable UA Strings for the stock browser...

i'll keep this in mind for the next version... but i'm hoping ICS will come out by then
The Following User Says Thank You to snobrdinrtiste For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aridoasis
Old
Thanks Meter 12
thanks! i'm really hoping for that ICS will be release for us soon so that modding can start. :)