Ask a question

No registration required

Amaze Bricked

OP Mafioso

29th March 2012, 05:57 PM   |  #31  
Thanks Meter: 130

358 posts
More
same issue with my battery, sounds very common.
29th March 2012, 06:51 PM   |  #32  
OP Senior Member
New Delhi, India
Thanks Meter: 90

760 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy55

same issue with my battery, sounds very common.

If I remember your Amaze with everything stock has this issue right ? So custom ROMs can be ruled out..its a bug with the phone itself?
glacierguy
29th March 2012, 07:04 PM   |  #33  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafioso

If I remember your Amaze with everything stock has this issue right ? So custom ROMs can be ruled out..its a bug with the phone itself?

My buddy had it happen on Energy ROM... What were u running?

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4
29th March 2012, 09:51 PM   |  #34  
OP Senior Member
New Delhi, India

760 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by glacierguy

My buddy had it happen on Energy ROM... What were u running?

Energy ROM also with stock kernel
glacierguy
29th March 2012, 09:59 PM   |  #35  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
Quote:

Energy ROM also with stock kernel

Hmmm... Interesting :screwy:

29th March 2012, 10:39 PM   |  #36  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 17

54 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by winget5

My amaze has this problem that it doesn't turn on the backlight when its fully dead and auto goes into the recovery. Put under a bright light while plugged into the charger and try to press reboot then system on your Twrp recovery. I believe its a Twrp 2.0 problem

Sent from my HTC Amaze 4G using xda premium

I agree with you on this one . My phone does this so much . I wish there was way to charge the phone if it's not turned on to avoid this . Even if I leave it to charge in this mode after the battery is completely dead, it only stays on for so long . I think this may be a lot of people's problem rather than a dead battery .

Sent from my HTC Amaze 4G using xda premium
Last edited by kishon120; 29th March 2012 at 10:56 PM.
30th March 2012, 06:34 PM   |  #37  
OP Senior Member
New Delhi, India

760 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by glacierguy

Hmmm... Interesting :screwy:

We have another one

I think we need to narrow it down and get down to its root what causes it, I'm afraid my replacement battery can die the same death too if the phone discharges again

Just a possible theory...I noticed that CWM recovery included in hasoon's tool doesn't support off charging (as I can't see the light when in recovery)...could it be the reason ? Could we prevent by flashing xboarder56's CWM version..which does have it?

Also andy please confirm, if it was the stock Amaze which had this issue ? If it was, then its nothing to do with rooting or custom roms, its a bug with the phone We can't do anything much about it then except curse HTC
30th March 2012, 08:33 PM   |  #38  
Thanks Meter: 130

358 posts
More
Quote:

We have another one

I think we need to narrow it down and get down to its root what causes it, I'm afraid my replacement battery can die the same death too if the phone discharges again

Just a possible theory...I noticed that CWM recovery included in hasoon's tool doesn't support off charging (as I can't see the light when in recovery)...could it be the reason ? Could we prevent by flashing xboarder56's CWM version..which does have it?

Also andy please confirm, if it was the stock Amaze which had this issue ? If it was, then its nothing to do with rooting or custom roms, its a bug with the phone We can't do anything much about it then except curse HTC

I have 2 amaze's, the one that died was running a stock kernel and energy rom as well. I threw in the stocker's battery and it turned on fine. Sounds like something's up with energy rom. I'm getting a replacement battery from telus so as soon as its in I'll be switching roms.
30th March 2012, 09:11 PM   |  #39  
OP Senior Member
New Delhi, India

760 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy55

I have 2 amaze's, the one that died was running a stock kernel and energy rom as well. I threw in the stocker's battery and it turned on fine. Sounds like something's up with energy rom. I'm getting a replacement battery from telus so as soon as its in I'll be switching roms.

Wow really No offense to NRGZ, he's a great chef but now I am scared I'm switching ROMs..could be it has nothing to do with it, but why take chances
30th March 2012, 09:23 PM   |  #40  
Thanks Meter: 2

34 posts
More
Actually, I think I remember reading something a while back, but there's a problem with either some of the custom ROMs or recoveries.

I think some developers also warned NOT to let your battery discharge all the way when using the custom ROM/recovery, or else you won't be able to charge it again.

This was a while back though, so I don't know if this is the same problem.

So short version, don't let your phone's battery die down to 0% before charging it again.

The Following User Says Thank You to Raydonn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread