Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,028 Members 37,682 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Amaze Bricked

Tip us?
 
andy55
Old
#31  
andy55's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 130
Posts: 356
Join Date: Sep 2009
same issue with my battery, sounds very common.
 
Mafioso
Old
#32  
Mafioso's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 85
Posts: 746
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Delhi, India
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy55 View Post
same issue with my battery, sounds very common.
If I remember your Amaze with everything stock has this issue right ? So custom ROMs can be ruled out..its a bug with the phone itself?
glacierguy Old
#33  
Guest
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafioso View Post
If I remember your Amaze with everything stock has this issue right ? So custom ROMs can be ruled out..its a bug with the phone itself?
My buddy had it happen on Energy ROM... What were u running?

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4
 
Mafioso
Old
#34  
Mafioso's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 85
Posts: 746
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Delhi, India
Quote:
Originally Posted by glacierguy View Post
My buddy had it happen on Energy ROM... What were u running?

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4
Energy ROM also with stock kernel
glacierguy Old
#35  
Guest
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafioso View Post
Energy ROM also with stock kernel
Hmmm... Interesting :screwy:

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4
 
kishon120
Old
(Last edited by kishon120; 29th March 2012 at 09:56 PM.)
#36  
Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 54
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by winget5 View Post
My amaze has this problem that it doesn't turn on the backlight when its fully dead and auto goes into the recovery. Put under a bright light while plugged into the charger and try to press reboot then system on your Twrp recovery. I believe its a Twrp 2.0 problem

Sent from my HTC Amaze 4G using xda premium
I agree with you on this one . My phone does this so much . I wish there was way to charge the phone if it's not turned on to avoid this . Even if I leave it to charge in this mode after the battery is completely dead, it only stays on for so long . I think this may be a lot of people's problem rather than a dead battery .

Sent from my HTC Amaze 4G using xda premium
HTC Amaze
S-Off
Rooted
Running Leaked RUU ICS
 
Mafioso
Old
#37  
Mafioso's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 85
Posts: 746
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Delhi, India
Quote:
Originally Posted by glacierguy View Post
Hmmm... Interesting :screwy:

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4
We have another one

I think we need to narrow it down and get down to its root what causes it, I'm afraid my replacement battery can die the same death too if the phone discharges again

Just a possible theory...I noticed that CWM recovery included in hasoon's tool doesn't support off charging (as I can't see the light when in recovery)...could it be the reason ? Could we prevent by flashing xboarder56's CWM version..which does have it?

Also andy please confirm, if it was the stock Amaze which had this issue ? If it was, then its nothing to do with rooting or custom roms, its a bug with the phone We can't do anything much about it then except curse HTC
 
andy55
Old
#38  
andy55's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 130
Posts: 356
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafioso View Post
We have another one

I think we need to narrow it down and get down to its root what causes it, I'm afraid my replacement battery can die the same death too if the phone discharges again

Just a possible theory...I noticed that CWM recovery included in hasoon's tool doesn't support off charging (as I can't see the light when in recovery)...could it be the reason ? Could we prevent by flashing xboarder56's CWM version..which does have it?

Also andy please confirm, if it was the stock Amaze which had this issue ? If it was, then its nothing to do with rooting or custom roms, its a bug with the phone We can't do anything much about it then except curse HTC
I have 2 amaze's, the one that died was running a stock kernel and energy rom as well. I threw in the stocker's battery and it turned on fine. Sounds like something's up with energy rom. I'm getting a replacement battery from telus so as soon as its in I'll be switching roms.
 
Mafioso
Old
#39  
Mafioso's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 85
Posts: 746
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Delhi, India
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy55 View Post
I have 2 amaze's, the one that died was running a stock kernel and energy rom as well. I threw in the stocker's battery and it turned on fine. Sounds like something's up with energy rom. I'm getting a replacement battery from telus so as soon as its in I'll be switching roms.
Wow really No offense to NRGZ, he's a great chef but now I am scared I'm switching ROMs..could be it has nothing to do with it, but why take chances
 
Raydonn
Old
#40  
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 34
Join Date: Dec 2010
Actually, I think I remember reading something a while back, but there's a problem with either some of the custom ROMs or recoveries.

I think some developers also warned NOT to let your battery discharge all the way when using the custom ROM/recovery, or else you won't be able to charge it again.

This was a while back though, so I don't know if this is the same problem.

So short version, don't let your phone's battery die down to 0% before charging it again.

The Following User Says Thank You to Raydonn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes