Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more

Mural Watchface Brings 500px to Android Wear

On a traditional watch, you can’t really do too much to change its appearance once … more

Infuse Roms?

OP Mindreci

10th March 2012, 07:01 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

22 posts
Hello everyone i just signed up and i own a Samsung Infuse 4G and ive been flashing some roms on it lately and i want to know in your opinion what is the best rom.
i tried zeus, and i like it but i hate build 5.2 and build 6, because of the fact that wallpapers do not scroll. live wallpapers do, but static ones do not. I love build 3 fixed for ZEUS because it has scrollable wall papers and the app drawer is transparent. i dont like the black background when looking through my apps i like it see through.
but, being build 3 it freezes quite a bit. i tried CM7, didnt like it. i want to try something else.
I hate flashing roms and testing them because every time i restore it gives me an error saying "No sdcard/.android.secure Found. Skipping restore of SD card apps." so i have to re install 1 by 1 the apps with titanium backup and its really annoying. once i reach my 10 post mark i will start to post in the developers thread but this is all i can do now.
in a rom in need stability, no freezing no non working elements, all that.
clean, simple and crisp.
no dumb animations to lag the os and use mass ram. clean simple and fast. id even use gingerbread with touchwiz 4.0 like on the samsung galaxy s 2 skyrocket LTE that has a very good stock OS. maybe there is a way to put that on my infuse? I want to try s.u.r.f.a.c.e. rom but that's a hard way to flash it
any suggestions?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium
10th March 2012, 07:15 AM   |  #2  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 461

545 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindreci

Hello everyone i just signed up and i own a Samsung Infuse 4G and ive been flashing some roms on it lately and i want to know in your opinion what is the best rom.
i tried zeus, and i like it but i hate build 5.2 and build 6, because of the fact that wallpapers do not scroll. live wallpapers do, but static ones do not. I love build 3 fixed for ZEUS because it has scrollable wall papers and the app drawer is transparent. i dont like the black background when looking through my apps i like it see through.
but, being build 3 it freezes quite a bit. i tried CM7, didnt like it. i want to try something else.
I hate flashing roms and testing them because every time i restore it gives me an error saying "No sdcard/.android.secure Found. Skipping restore of SD card apps." so i have to re install 1 by 1 the apps with titanium backup and its really annoying. once i reach my 10 post mark i will start to post in the developers thread but this is all i can do now.
in a rom in need stability, no freezing no non working elements, all that.
clean, simple and crisp.
no dumb animations to lag the os and use mass ram. clean simple and fast. id even use gingerbread with touchwiz 4.0 like on the samsung galaxy s 2 skyrocket LTE that has a very good stock OS. maybe there is a way to put that on my infuse? I want to try s.u.r.f.a.c.e. rom but that's a hard way to flash it
any suggestions?

You can always Port your own ROM. Just saying.
10th March 2012, 07:24 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 10

110 posts
If all you don't like about ZEUS is the launcher's look, then you can use one of the alternative launchers available off Market... err Play... or whatever Google is calling its new and improved more privacy breaking app download thing.

Off hand, the two I can think of are GOLauncher and PhoenixLauncher. I currently use GOLauncher on ZEUS and like it quite a bit, plus it's free. I think I'm going to give PhoenixLauncher a go after some of the bugs are worked out.
Last edited by scyld; 10th March 2012 at 07:28 AM.
10th March 2012, 07:27 AM   |  #4  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 461

545 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scyld

If all you don't like about ZEUS is the launcher's look, then you can use one of the alternative launchers available off Market... err Play... or whatever Google is calling its new and improved more privacy breaking app download thing.

Off hand, the two I can think of are GOLauncher and PhoenixLauncher. I currently use GOLauncher on ZEUS and like it quite a bit, but I think I'm going to give PhoenixLauncher a go.

I agree, and also I'd recommend GoLauncher as I use it on Zeus build 5.2 and love it. Give it a Try!
10th March 2012, 07:51 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

22 posts
I don't like those launchers iv tried them, I like touch wiz 4 which Zeus build 3 has, so I am using this for now.

Has anyone flashed the s.u.r.f.a.c.e rom?

10th March 2012, 07:58 AM   |  #6  
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator - Judgment is Coming
Mega-City One
Thanks Meter: 26,173

15,362 posts
More
Quote:

I don't like those launchers iv tried them, I like touch wiz 4 which Zeus build 3 has, so I am using this for now.

Yerp on the surface rom...super lite...has lots of add on apps...smooth,stable....
10th March 2012, 02:27 PM   |  #7  
Recognized Developer
Flag Rome, Ga.
Thanks Meter: 8,095

5,963 posts
Donate to Me
More
The reason that wallpapers don't scroll is a SAMSUNG issue, not a Zeus issue, a change they made in the new gb leaks, so they wont change, on any rom built from that leak. Build 3 is no more and outdated, so if you don't want another launcher I suggest keeping build 3 because I removed it from the server. And tw 4 is way too buggy and unstable, that's why it was removed and will not return.

10th March 2012, 04:00 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

22 posts
Alright thanks,
And now I understand that about Zeus,
But anyway great job with it its still an awesome rom. I'll try to flash s.u.r.f.a.c.e
How can I flash surface from my current position (Zeus build 3 with the ruxk kernel)?
Thanks for your replies
30th March 2012, 06:49 PM   |  #9  
Flag SC
Thanks Meter: 235

269 posts
More
Cool A possible solution
Quote:

Well I'm currently running Z.E.U.S Rom Build 6. When I was stock GB (for the short time that was) I used the TouchWizz 4.5 Launcher, and I'm using it now. Scrollable wallpapers plus you can flash icon themes. Here is the XDA Thread Link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1061883

And the download itself:

http://www.i900playeraddict.com/andr...&page=download

Hope that helps man
31st March 2012, 08:35 PM   |  #10  
Recognized Contributor
Flag RSM
Thanks Meter: 2,606

2,976 posts
Donate to Me
More
From what i understand...its bad to restore all apps from TB, as some may not be compatible with other roms due to missing or added files
At least if your restoring the data part too
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread