Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,482 Members 53,706 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] AOKP (4.2.2) (Beta) For the Samsung Epic 4g - 03/06/2013

Tip us?

sonarchist
Old
(Last edited by sonarchist; 30th March 2012 at 07:17 PM.)
Thanks Meter 224

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alias8818 View Post
If I don't see a v6 patch by the time I wake up tonight, I will make one for you guys. I probably should just make one with each release..

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA
Gr8 work Alias!.......solid 4.0.4........was following the 4.0.4 dialog last night on the aokp threads, + here it is all ready for testing!............Big Props to you for staying ahead of the curve for us!!!!!!............+ THNX for offering the v6 patch!

*running smoothly, zero fc's, steady battery, mms solid, +1

..........sent from today's android = 4.0.4
▓│INTERNET FOR HUMANS│▓│CULTURE│▓│TECHNOLOGY│▓│STOP SOPA│▓│POLITICS│▓▓│STOP PIPA│▓│TECHNOLOGY│▓│CULTURE│▓STOP ACTA▓│INTERNET FOR HUMANS│▓

sonarchist
Old
Thanks Meter 224

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvtjoker42 View Post
Fixed it for ya..
LOL..........it's all in the orange

..........sent from today's android = 4.0.4
▓│INTERNET FOR HUMANS│▓│CULTURE│▓│TECHNOLOGY│▓│STOP SOPA│▓│POLITICS│▓▓│STOP PIPA│▓│TECHNOLOGY│▓│CULTURE│▓STOP ACTA▓│INTERNET FOR HUMANS│▓

MoSeriouS
Old
(Last edited by MoSeriouS; 30th March 2012 at 08:04 PM.) Reason: I flashed CWM zip and no boot loops.
Thanks Meter 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by omair2005 View Post
the one posted in OP.
I extracted Services.jar from the 4.0.4 build, uploaded it to the ICS OOM Priority Charger website (LINK), and the following files are were produced, which I have uploaded to Dropbox:

LINK to download the OOM Priority Charged Services.jar file (from AOKP-29-4.0.4) in jar format (.jar).

LINK to download the OOM Priority Charged Services.jar file (from AOKP-29-4.0.4) in CWM Format (.zip).

Anyway, OP you are a baller...

Edit:
Ok, I flashed the File from Link #2 (above), and it booted fine (no boot loops), and I'll report back with how it sticks....
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MoSeriouS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dangambino
Old
Thanks Meter 42
i love aokp. with that being said, i noticed a huge battery drainage improvemnt after disabling most options. i dunno if its the lockscreen options including battery %, weather, or the nav soft buttons. i dunno think its weather but i disabled it completely. its seems its on apr with cm9 bateery life.

any thoughts?
Current Devices:

LG G2 Sprint Rooted
Samsung Galaxy Nexus Sprint rooted
Asus Nexus 7 16GB rooted
Asus Transformer TF101 rooted
LG 47" Dual Core Google LED TV (Model G2) w/ jellybean 4.2.2

Previous Devices:

HTC G1 / HTC My Touch/ HTC Nexus One/ Samsung Epic 4g

***SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL DEVS***

MДЯCЦSДИT
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4621

DONATE TO ME
Got my replacement phone
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MДЯCЦSДИT For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mocsab
Old
(Last edited by mocsab; 30th March 2012 at 08:46 PM.) Reason: added comment on camera - kernel flash
Thanks Meter 604
Default 404 - loving it!

I am loving the new AOKP - I haven't read thru all of the recent posts but will share my expereinces so far -

only a couple of issues so far -
  • Camera not working - freezes and FC's
  • Systems/Wireless/more/mobile networks/System Select - will only allow HOME - - cannot set to Auto Domestic Roaming
I had some strange issues with connecting to Market after I flashed this - not sure the cause - because things seem to have settled down - but intially, I did a clean install - and the system downloaded all of my apks and isntalled then automatically (I LOVE THAT FEATURE!)

but after the install - I went back to check my apks on the market to be sure they all installed - and I kept "timing out". I could not access the market - I turned WIFI on and off three or four times- and no luck - I could go online and use my browswer to visit sites - but when I tried to connect to the market, it kept timing out and would ask to 'retry"

but after about 30 minutes, I tried the market again and it all seems to have settled down - don't what that was all about -

So anyway - only a few minor issues - and all seems really good so far! THANKS for your efforts!

FYI - I did just flash the Shadow Kernel - 6.1 and my camera is working again - don't know if it was just me or if others have had an issue with Camera - but it seemed to fix it for me -
My Phone Galaxy S5 G900T
My Rom: - X-Note TMT v.5 | Alliance 4.1
My Recovery: TWRP
Kernel: KT-SGS5 - NF6 - KTweaker
My Carrier - ATT

Former Devices: ☆Galaxy Note 3☆HTC ONE☆Galaxy S IV☆Galaxy Note II☆Galaxy S3☆EVO 4g LTE☆Nexus☆Epic 4G☆Treo(W)☆Palm Treo☆(P)

zanderman112
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1839

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusant View Post
Got my replacement phone
Awesome dude

I am Z.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Click banner for my Twitter^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
<---- I now have a PayPal donate link right over there <----
If you don't wan't to straight up donate via PayPal, these Amazon.com virtual giftcards are always appreciated

My Devices:

Sprint Galaxy S3 on Stock Deodexed MB1+Multi-View mod
OUYA 1st Gen on Stock Rooted JZ054L-Ouya
HP Touchpad on patched up webOS 3.0.5 & CyanogenMod 10.1
Samsung Epic 4G on CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightlies

Nitefall
Old
Thanks Meter 34
sorry this has probably been asked oh I dunno a thousand times but i have not been able to find my answer which means it's probably right in front of me but what is the big difference between this and CM9...
Any links or explanations are appreciated
thanks

FrankyFiggz27
Old
Thanks Meter 211
got 1 of the same issues as mocsab above. can't set roaming. sticks at home no matter what.

also noticed i have no 3g or 4g toggle. they don't even show up in the list of toggles in enable toggles in rom control. is that for everyone? just gotta stick with widgets for now i guess.

besides that, looks and works great. just as quick as cm9 i'd say but with slightly more customization of course.

samep
Old
Thanks Meter 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusant View Post
Got my replacement phone
Glad to hear marcusant! Any changes coming Nyan kernel for 4.0.4?

Tags
aokp, da shiz, epiccm, epicmtd, port
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe