TWRP for Nexus 6 and 9 Available, Unofficial CM12 Alpha for HTC Explorer! – XDA TV

Team Win Recovery Project for the Nexus 6 and Nexus … more

Jolla Tablet Announced: The Second Sailfish OS Device

A little over a year ago, Jolla released its first smartphone with the brand new Jolla … more

Android One Devices Get Unofficial CM12 Port

Android One was initially announced right before Android Lollipop. By releasing these cheap, yet … more

WhatsApp Decides to Protect Your Data

When Facebook bought WhatsApp for the absurdly large sum of $19bn back in February, they took the tech … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Can't connect to pc-USB not recognized, unknown device

OP AnonymouslyAnonymous

27th March 2012, 09:56 PM   |  #11  
Flag Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 9

127 posts
Donate to Me
More
if you are using windows i have found that sometimes the usb ports u used for the phone get stuck to the driver that was there in the first place. So what I do to fix this is go into device manager from the control panel and then uninstall the drivers for the specific port that I am trying to use. While keeping my phone unplugged from the computer I then reinstall the samsung drivers, restart my computer and then try to plug my phone in. 90% of the time that has been what works for me.
29th March 2012, 06:12 PM   |  #12  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
Ok, I figured out the problem. It has nothing to do with the drivers or clearing ram memory. My problem is the actual micro usb connection. If is a little loose from side to side and when I push it to one side, it connects no problem.
30th March 2012, 02:56 PM   |  #13  
Flag Murphy
Thanks Meter: 7

91 posts
More
That is the exact same thing that happened to my wife's phone... luckily it was still under warranty...

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk
30th March 2012, 09:19 PM   |  #14  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
My phone is out of warranty. At least now I know the problem. It was extremely frustrating trying to figure it out.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread