FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

GUIDE: new hboot 2.00.2002 for sense3.0 adnroid 2.3.5

153 posts
Thanks Meter: 85
 
By biglsd, Senior Member on 27th August 2011, 05:19 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
30th March 2012, 05:42 PM |#291  
suku_patel_22's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 983
 
More
Hi all,
I am on either 3.5 or on Sense 4.0 now a days.

Which eng-hboot should I be choosing...?

I am more inclined towards the old 0.98.2000?
I need to download only the ENG_S-Off.rar and flash the hboot.img. correct?

Do I need to do a clean install my ROM after flashing the eng-hboot?
I have read that just nandroid restore is fine, but just want to confirm once.
Last edited by suku_patel_22; 30th March 2012 at 05:46 PM.
 
 
30th March 2012, 05:47 PM |#292  
philos64's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,742
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by suku_patel_22

Hi all,
I am on either 3.5 or on Sense 4.0 now a days.
Which eng-hboot should I be choosing...? I am more inclined towards the old 0.98.2000?

It's much better to go in 2.00.2002 ;)
Let's go
30th March 2012, 05:58 PM |#293  
suku_patel_22's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 983
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by philos64

It's much better to go in 2.00.2002 ;)
Let's go

any specific advantages over 0.98 apart from new partition table?

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

The zumo drive download for hboot.img doesnt work.
Can someone please post a mirror....
30th March 2012, 08:55 PM |#294  
philos64's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,742
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by suku_patel_22

any specific advantages over 0.98 apart from new partition table?
---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------
The zumo drive download for hboot.img doesnt work.
Can someone please post a mirror....

Try this link : New Hboot pour android 2_3_5.zip - 44 MB
from my uploaded files.
hboot.img

It's better for the new version. You can used this hboot with new Sense 3.5 and 4 lite, but it's better with the new (old now ) hboot 2.00.2002
Last edited by philos64; 30th March 2012 at 08:58 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to philos64 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st March 2012, 07:38 AM |#295  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
If you have S-OFF Revolucionary how you pushed Hboot 2.00.2002
31st March 2012, 07:59 AM |#296  
suku_patel_22's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 983
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by luky4

If you have S-OFF Revolucionary how you pushed Hboot 2.00.2002

I have flashed the old versionof eng-hboot 0.98
I used the below
To backup current bootloader:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murchelago
You can use this method via adb:

1. Put the hboot.img you want to flash in the root of the sdcard.
2. In cmd run the following commands (after each command press enter):
adb devices
adb shell
su
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p18 of=/sdcard/backup.img
dd if=/sdcard/hboot.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p18
reboot bootloader

The forum for the old one is here

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by philos64

Try this link : New Hboot pour android 2_3_5.zip - 44 MB
from my uploaded files.
hboot.img

It's better for the new version. You can used this hboot with new Sense 3.5 and 4 lite, but it's better with the new (old now ) hboot 2.00.2002

Thanks,, I will save it, in case i need in the future.

I would stick to the old hboot with the old partition table for now as it has a higher cache and the 150 mb is not wasted....
31st March 2012, 08:21 PM |#297  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by philos64

Try this link : New Hboot pour android 2_3_5.zip - 44 MB
from my uploaded files.
hboot.img

It's better for the new version. You can used this hboot with new Sense 3.5 and 4 lite, but it's better with the new (old now ) hboot 2.00.2002

Hi,
Can you post a screenshot with your bootloader using this new hboot?
I'm curious how it should look/write.
thx
2nd April 2012, 12:40 PM |#298  
kylon's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,888
 
Donate to Me
More
I would like to know
Is this hboot s-off? Ie it will have the same things of revolutionary?
Can i use this hboot with all the roms?
It will increase performance in all roms?
Thanks

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to kylon For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th April 2012, 07:28 PM |#299  
shin06's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag KŁtahya
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
if i use new hboot...
1) can i flash rom in recovery like old hboot ?( clockworkmod and 4ext)
2) can i flash radio like older hboot ?
3) if i use new hboot i lost s off ?
thnks for replay and srry about my bad english
5th April 2012, 09:34 PM |#300  
philos64's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,742
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shin06

if i use new hboot...
1) can i flash rom in recovery like old hboot ?( clockworkmod and 4ext)

Quote:

YES

2) can i flash radio like older hboot ?
Quote:

YES

3) if i use new hboot i lost s off ?
Quote:

NO

thnks for replay and srry about my bad english

Go on the new hboot, but take care

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by moppix

Hi,
Can you post a screenshot with your bootloader using this new hboot?
I'm curious how it should look/write.
thx

The screenshot.
Don't be afraid about the pink, but I've rooted/s-offed my DS by XTC clip
The Following User Says Thank You to philos64 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th April 2012, 10:28 PM |#301  
shin06's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag KŁtahya
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
thnx my friend. i do it
Last edited by shin06; 6th April 2012 at 12:13 AM.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes