Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,036 Members 52,509 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MetroPCS] 3G Speeds & Settings + Help Getting 3G! |PRL 3032 Released!|

Tip us?

Exleh
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Data was working fine, although it was NOT 3G, even though it said it... It was like 25kbps Peak which sux. Then data disappeared... for like 2 days so I just did the PRL OTA from Metro and now it says I'm on 02004 again but I at least have 1X :<
Samsung Galaxy S5 - White
Verizon Wireless
Stock

Palm Treo > iPhone 3GS > Huawei M860 Ascend > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 3D > Motorola Droid > Motorola Atrix > Samsung Galaxy S3 > Samsung Galaxy S4 > Samsung Galaxy S5

atljatl
Old
Thanks Meter 249
Cmon guys. Where did 3g go in Atlanta? You're supposed to have all the answers

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Jesus Christ is a real person. If you would like to know more about Him, feel free to ask me.

kingdruid
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by keimayjur View Post
I don't know why I didn't abide by "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", but I had 3G connection in Los Angeles,CA BEFORE I tried to match your data settings. The only thing I was trying to up was my signal strength. Now my phone no longer has data. I matched the advanced settings by dialing ##3282#. Now I'm trying to remember my old settings. sux.

Good thing I found a notepad on my pc with all the original settings. It was the IMS_I number. It was the previous person's number and I had changed it to my phone number. Weird. 3G is back and working. Just getting crappy signal in my apartment since the 3027 PRL update, but still 3g all over LA. everything back working!
Is there any way you can post a screenshot of your settings? I'm also in Los Angeles and don't get 3G. I tried changing IMSI MIN D to my number because it had a wrong number and also MIN D under IMSI T, but I lost data when I did that.

mexigga
Old
Thanks Meter 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdruid View Post
Is there any way you can post a screenshot of your settings? I'm also in Los Angeles and don't get 3G. I tried changing IMSI MIN D to my number because it had a wrong number and also MIN D under IMSI T, but I lost data when I did that.
First, hope you backed all your data.

Second, I have tried just about every combination of settings and only get 1x.

Just can't get 3g in L.A.
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - i317 - AWS Enabled * ROM: DS-MK6 v.2.0 & TW4.4*eZKAT* Kernel: AGNi
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 * ROM: Hyperdrive RLS8

mteezey
Old
Thanks Meter 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdruid View Post
Imsi is not supposed to be your directory number. It is your mobile identification number which will be another ten digit number that looks like an area code close to you. You need that number to have data(the one assigned by metro). If you didn't save the number call metro and ask them for it. U don't need to say.u lost data just say ur phones flashed and text stopped or something. Or dial ##000000# and see if it is still the right number in there if so take it from there and re copy it in ##3282#

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA

Did I help? Hit "THANKS"
Devices:
HTC ONE S ViperOneS 1.2.1/fusion ultimate & PAC-man
Asus/Google Nexus 7 Paranoid Android 2.99 beta 6/M-kernel
HTC EVO 3D(retired):Something ICS'y/
eng hboot 1.04.02 s-off/
4extRecovery CWM
HTC EVO 4g(really retired):SOS N/AnthraxRev4
Hboot 2.10 S-off
Amon-Ra
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mteezey For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kingdruid
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mteezey View Post
Imsi is not supposed to be your directory number. It is your mobile identification number which will be another ten digit number that looks like an area code close to you. You need that number to have data(the one assigned by metro). If you didn't save the number call metro and ask them for it. U don't need to say.u lost data just say ur phones flashed and text stopped or something. Or dial ##000000# and see if it is still the right number in there if so take it from there and re copy it in ##3282#

Did I help? Hit "THANKS"
I have the number that was in there and put it back, I just though it was the wrong number in there or something. After I put it back I got the 1x back, but 3G still doesn't work....

mteezey
Old
Thanks Meter 755
Yea I wish I could help u there but I don't get it. It seems no one that comes along and gets help.getting it can return the favor and try to post some screenshots of there settings. I'm so glad ill be done with metro in the 22nd. It will be.nice to have high speed data everywhere instead of only at home.

Did I help? Hit "THANKS"
Devices:
eng hboot 1.04.02 s-off/
4extRecovery CWM
Hboot 2.10 S-off
Amon-Ra
The Following User Says Thank You to mteezey For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mexigga
Old
Thanks Meter 100
Quote:
Yea I wish I could help u there but I don't get it. It seems no one that comes along and gets help.getting it can return the favor and try to post some screenshots of there settings. I'm so glad ill be done with metro in the 22nd. It will be.nice to have high speed data everywhere instead of only at home.

Did I help? Hit "THANKS"

where you moving on to?
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - i317 - AWS Enabled * ROM: DS-MK6 v.2.0 & TW4.4*eZKAT* Kernel: AGNi

mteezey
Old
Thanks Meter 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexigga View Post
where you moving on to?
The old lady agreed to get OneS through t-mobile when they come out. Still wanna try convince her to get the x instead. We shall see.

Did I help? Hit "THANKS"
Devices:
eng hboot 1.04.02 s-off/
4extRecovery CWM
Hboot 2.10 S-off
Amon-Ra

mexigga
Old
Thanks Meter 100
Quote:
The old lady agreed to get OneS through t-mobile when they come out. Still wanna try convince her to get the x instead. We shall see.

Did I help? Hit "THANKS"

good luck with that mteezey

Tags
3g speed, location, metropcs, prl, settings & help