[ROM] Working Rogers ICS CWM Flashable ZIP

Search This thread

pixelens

Nov 11, 2010
Edmonton
I do think some people are sugar coating, just are blinded by the fact that they've got the new hot OS which isn't even out for public release yet.
Sure I'd love to face unlock my phone and have better interface with all the great ICS features, but what good is it if it can't even receive phone calls or have buttons that don't work???

Believe me I will be the first one to download ICS when it's released by Rogers (God knows when), or flash it first when it's ACTUALLY STABLE.
I just don't want new comers being blinded and flashing it to brick the phone and waste valuable hours of young human beings.

Most of what I've seen have been reasonable and fair assessments of what works and what doesn't. Fact is, some people are getting better battery life than others - to be honest there are way to many factors involved. Wifi, Bluetooth, GPS, Facebook, syncing, kernel's, bloat, frozen apps, apps installed, etc - these will all affect battery in one way or another.

As for newcomers being blinded and flashing to brick - that's a bit extreme; ANYONE wanting to flash their phone needs to do their due diligence and then ascertain if flashing is for them. Some people have opted not to based on what they've read, others have opted to anyways and have had varying levels of success. As for as phones being bricked, I've only seen/read of a few soft bricks which of course are recoverable from. I think by far and large the biggest reason for bricked phones is user inattention and inability to follow directions.

That being said, I followed what I posted in this OP to the letter and then installed the ICS kernel after and my phone is just fine. Yes I have a mainly functioning ICS. Yes there are bugs (listed in OP). Yes I've found and installed workarounds for most of them (also listed in OP). Yes there are a few that still need fixes but for my case, this is a pretty stable pre-leak ICS that I am more than comfortable using on my Rogers I727R as a daily driver.

pixelens

Nov 11, 2010
Edmonton
I'm trying to figure out how to go back to a gingerbread rom - just too many little things annoying me..

Shutdown reboot issue.. youtube all of a sudden goes black when I choose full screen.

Signal issues, seems LTE will not stay "locked in" so to speak..

and the last straw.. the phones goes to sleep and then doesn't wake up.

I am kind of at a loss here, not quite sure how to proceed and go back to GB.

I used the nandroid backup version of the leak and installed it from stock 2.3.5 rogers

I also flashed the ICSradio.zip file.

Is it safe to assume I will need to find the GB rom of choice, and a copy of the stock radio and flash them from CWM? is that all there is to it?

Personally I would ODIN back to stock using a stock Rogers ROM. I've done that a few times to ensure I'm back at stock Rogers GB, I just use ODIN and the stock Rogers rom from sammobile.com (do a search for I727 and download that firmware). I can confirm that this method does not trip the "flash counter" that is on these devices. I can also confirm that some of the other so called "stock roms" for Rogers DO trip the "flash counter".

wali01x

Nov 13, 2010
Brampton, Ontario
None taken at all :) I'm on the I727R from Rogers as well, and I stand by my evaluations. It's not perfect by any means but I've listed/found fixes for most issues that affect me... and as I've mentioned and posted, the battery life seems about the same as it was for me on stock GB rom and kernel. Maybe it was better on faux's kernel but I never ran that on GB so I can't compare.

It is what it is, a leak pre-release, there's going to be issues. If you can deal with them then great, if not that's totally understandable as well!

thanks i appreciate we all working together to understand each other. im gonna try smooth ice and see how that works because you can understand i was theming to aosp ics and almost achieved it and i have zips here with me. and pixelens im with you and to take your word im willing to try it again and try my variations and see if i can help our canadian community especially with this. i know its not the best atm but hey we always like to give second chance to everything..

pixelens

Nov 11, 2010
Edmonton
thanks i appreciate we all working together to understand each other. im gonna try smooth ice and see how that works because you can understand i was theming to aosp ics and almost achieved it and i have zips here with me. and pixelens im with you and to take your word im willing to try it again and try my variations and see if i can help our canadian community especially with this. i know its not the best atm but hey we always like to give second chance to everything..

Pre-release/leaks are never perfect but we have a great dev community here... heck, even official stock is rarely ever perfect ;)

Reactions: wali01x

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
I do think some people are sugar coating, just are blinded by the fact that they've got the new hot OS which isn't even out for public release yet.
Sure I'd love to face unlock my phone and have better interface with all the great ICS features, but what good is it if it can't even receive phone calls or have buttons that don't work???

Believe me I will be the first one to download ICS when it's released by Rogers (God knows when), or flash it first when it's ACTUALLY STABLE.
I just don't want new comers being blinded and flashing it to brick the phone and waste valuable hours of young human beings.

Sometimes, people do let excitement get the better of them... Ask any teenager on their first date :p

I understand what you're saying, hell I haven't flashed a rom yet..
There is a pretty decent app on the market, Facelock for apps.. I've got it & it works well!

I do know that I won't wait for rogers, to release their twisted interpretation of what ICS should look like... So I'm just waiting for the geniuses here at XDA to have the chance to massage the ICS leak or Official release into the kick ass work of art, that they always manage to create. :)

Sent From my Two Tin Cans & String Device on The Wookie Network

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
check out some theme screenies in my themes & apps camera mod post. you'll see what i was talking about :p

I love this dialer!! Can you just download the apk & install it on a stock rom, or do you have to flash this on a custom rom? uploadfromtaptalk1333143727070.jpg

Sent From my Two Tin Cans & String Device on The Wookie Network

Ridilen

Jun 10, 2011
Bolton
Tried some of the other ROMs which were supposed to work for rogers and most worked 90%. I found many apps would not install from the market though. They report that they cannot be installed to memory or SDCARD.

I am glad to see this one, it does 99.9% what I want. Thanks to all.

3Ridilen

Last edited:

projectvirtue

Jan 22, 2011
Coming from a rogers i727, should i flash this before trying to flash the other ICS roms? or should i try going directly from stock GB to something like smooth or ICSMOD5 (instructions to go from GB are not clear :/ any help there?)

pixelens

Nov 11, 2010
Edmonton
Coming from a rogers i727, should i flash this before trying to flash the other ICS roms? or should i try going directly from stock GB to something like smooth or ICSMOD5 (instructions to go from GB are not clear :/ any help there?)

All I can say is I installed this one on Rogers coming from GB and it works for the most part with the fixes for the bugs listed in the op.

Sent from my ICS SAMSUNG-SGH-I727R using xda premium

rpr69

Dec 21, 2011
Brampton
Similar story for me, I went from SkyICS GB to this ROM, and from this ROM I have gone to MHX Superlite 4 with Apex launcher and Quickboot, which seems to fix most of the bugs for me. Home button works, scrolling background works, reboot works, SMS works, my only issue is it's not AOSP-ey enough for me... :) Looking hard at Smooth ICS...

I've been a bit anal when installing: SuperWipe x3, factory reset x3, wipe cache x3, wipe Dalvik x3, flash modem, flash rom, flash kernel, fix permissions, factory reset x3, wipe cache x3, wipe Dalvik x3, fix permissions, reboot. It seems excessive, but it also seems to work...

pixelens

Nov 11, 2010
Edmonton
Hi All,

I upgraded to ICS Superlite 4.2 (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1573621), but the LTE hasn't worked since I upgraded. Followed instructions very closely and tried the process over again a couple of times.

Tried updating the APN settings as well.

Any ideas?

I thought I saw a tread about LTE settings. To be honest, I've stayed on this one because it works. I've added a few of the ICS apk's and a theme from the T989 forum and it's all good. I don't have LTE though so can't help unfortunately. Will see if I can't dig up that LTE thread...

Sent from my ICS SAMSUNG-SGH-I727R using xda premium

pixelens

Nov 11, 2010
Edmonton
Last edited:

quinting

Aug 3, 2009
Steinbach
Just flashed the ROM, having one small issue, phone cannot receive call, when I call my phone it goes directly to voicemail. Anyone have any idea how to fix that?

Thanks.

I have had that happen on occasion with my phone - even on stock - I found that the call fwd always setting get turned on magically....and that is handled by the Rogers network (although you can set it from your phone - under settings, and networks somewhere...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First and foremost, this is not my work by any means xcrazydx posting this link to another thread about another (non-working) port.

UPDATE: Thanks to xcrazydx I've confirmed the source is cbinvb - MANY, MANY, MANY thanks to cbinvb for putting this together!

NOTE: this will wipe apps you have installed but will not wipe your internal SD card (images, etc, etc). As always, make a backup and typical caveat - I do not take responsibility for your bricked phones; the process below worked for me coming from stock Rogers 2.3.5 and has worked for others.

You can grab the CWM flashable zip file here: http://www.4shared.com/zip/6lRlUQuy/file.html?

These are the steps I took based on initial flashing by Frnicatr:

1. Use Darkside Super Wipe (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1477955)
    2. Install ATT-ICS-Tmo-PORT_2.zip
    3. Wipe Data/Factory Reset
    4. Wipe Dalvik Cache
    5. Fix Permissions
    6. Reboot phone. First boot seemed to take awhile.
    7. When you get to the AT&T Ready2Go setup screen, hit CANCEL.
    8. On the following screen hit NEXT.
    9. You'll see an indicator that apps are going to install. Remove your battery, reinsert and re-power up.
    10. At this point you should see the "Android is upgrading applications" process running.

Not sure what step you want to do this at, maybe 2a, but there is a flashable I727UCALC4 (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=24140728&postcount=5) thanks to LeeC, I flashed it after I was up and running and it works just fine AND shows up under Baseband version. If you don't flash this, everything works but Baseband version shows as "Unknown".

ENJOY! As far as I can tell, everything works as it should. Google Apps, Market, SMS, 4G, Wi-Fi. Can't test LTE because I don't have LTE service here yet. Market WILL update, it updated after second launch for me.

KNOWN ISSUES (some of these are known with AT&T leak as well):

1. Baseband shows up as UNKNOWN. FIX: Install ICS modem I727UCALC4 (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=24140728&postcount=5)[/B] (thanks to LeeC)
    2. APN settings are set to rogers-core-appl1.apn, use the settings below (note APN Backup/Restore did not work - permission error with ICS); can't confirm as I don't have LTE service here but this may fix LTE issues some people are having:

Name - Rogers LTE Internet
    APN - ltemobile.apn
    Proxy - <not set>
    Port - <not set>
    Username- <Not set>
    Passwors - <not set>
    Server < not set>
    MMSC - http://mms.gprs.rogers.com
    MMS proxy - 10.128.1.69
    MMS port - 80
    MMS protocol - Wap 2.0
    MCC - 302
    MNC - 720
    Aythentication type - < not set>
    APN type - internet + mms​

3. Freezes on reboot and shutdown (known issue with the ODIN flash as well?) - FIX: install Quickboot (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.siriusapplications.quickboot)
    4. Time is off - FIX: disable Automatic Time Zone and it should work.
    5. LTE issues? FIX: Type *#2263# and Select "[4] LTE Band Preference" then "[7] LTE ALL". Once you get an LTE signal, then type *#2263# again and this time Choose "[1] Automatic" and it should work.
    6. Deleting message thread from Messaging deletes thread but causes FC. FIX: GO SMS Pro works fine.
    7. Can't set scrolling wallpaper with Gallery app. FIX: Use Quickpic.
    8. Can't connect to Exchange Server or doesn't sync. FIX: Install Google Apps Device Policy https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.enterprise.dmagent
    9. Portable hotspot doesn't work: FIX: Install 14 Toggle Quick Panel mod and enable/disable using the Wifi Hotspot toggle. Flashed the zip here http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=24143163&postcount=82 in CWM.
    10. Some experience market issues. FIX: Go to settings>applications>All and clear data for BOTH Google Play Store AND Google Services Framework THEN REBOOT.
    Doing some testing with Google Play - I can install from the Google Play Application but when I install from the website (push install) my phone vibrates once, hangs then Google Play FC's. Anyone else experiencing this?

Yea I had that problem too. I think the easiest way to fix that is factory reset, or try deleting cache for Google play. But factory reset for sure (y)
    Doesn't look like this is the ICS camera. Mine still has GB look and I have no panorama function.

You can use the panorama function if you go to setting and shooting mode. VOILA :D
    Just finished and everything seems to be working fine. Gonna run it all day and night to see.

Edit: LTE seems to be working, at least it's dis playing the icon for it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium
    Quickboot in the market is a good temporary replacement for our current power menu FC's