[Q] Different keyboard?

OP pau-pau123

18th March 2012, 04:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

28 posts
hey guys,

i'm new to the TPT and i do like it a lot so far. root went well and bloatware is down. since there are so many apps that are device specific, i was curious if there are any different soft keyboard apps that you could recommend. on the SGS2 i am using swype, so when i switch devices, i'm somehow missing that a little.

possible to install other keys and if so, anything to recommend? maybe even something for the stylus? (i figure that either my handwriting sucks, or the detection for regular writing just sucks)

sorry for beginners questions, but i couldn't find anything about it yet ..
18th March 2012, 10:46 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 214

1,641 posts
I tried several and settled on SwiftKey Tablet X. Works best for me.
19th March 2012, 02:32 AM   |  #3  
Flag West Coast of California
Thanks Meter: 1,683

4,446 posts
More
I use Thumb Keyboard. It has a split design and has numbers and arrows. It works good with this wide fellow.
19th March 2012, 02:50 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 214

1,641 posts
I use it on my phone, but was disappointed that it didn't translate well to tablet, for me.
19th March 2012, 07:23 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 64

417 posts
More
I use Swype and like it a lot
19th March 2012, 11:07 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 86

541 posts
More
I use FlexT9, it does swype as well as dictation and some other nifty stuff.
20th March 2012, 01:50 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 2

15 posts
Swift Key tablet version is my favorite, not to much of a fan of Swype but thats just my personal preference. its either stock android or swift key
22nd March 2012, 02:31 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 14

157 posts
If you like the full keyboard like I do, i recommend the Hacker's Keyboard. Not exactly sure why its called that but it uses a full QWERTY keyboard with arrow keys. Another is the Logitech Keyboard (still in beta but I havent had any issues) that has a full QWERTY that also you can swipe across the keyboard to show another keyboard that doubles as a technical keyboard or calculator.

If you like lots of buttons, is more open to customizing (button row/column height/width adjustments), either one would work great.

Duece
The Following User Says Thank You to Dueces99 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th March 2012, 05:06 PM   |  #9  
Aurora, CO
Thanks Meter: 1

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangercaptain

I use Thumb Keyboard. It has a split design and has numbers and arrows. It works good with this wide fellow.

I prefer Thumb Keyboard too. I like that you can choose different themes for it. And for the most part, the themes they offer match a lot of flashable themes/roms for different devices.
30th March 2012, 11:03 PM   |  #10  
Flag I live on the Planet Earth, Sol System, Western Spiral Arm, Milky Way Galaxy.
Thanks Meter: 20

231 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dueces99

If you like the full keyboard like I do, i recommend the Hacker's Keyboard. Not exactly sure why its called that but it uses a full QWERTY keyboard with arrow keys. Another is the Logitech Keyboard (still in beta but I havent had any issues) that has a full QWERTY that also you can swipe across the keyboard to show another keyboard that doubles as a technical keyboard or calculator.

If you like lots of buttons, is more open to customizing (button row/column height/width adjustments), either one would work great.

Duece

+1 for Hacker's Keyboard. I usually use my tablet in the folio case so I have a nice hardware keyboard. However there have been plenty of times where I have had it out of the folio and been editing a document or posting on a forum and the hackers keyboard has come in extremely handy. It would be something I was willing to spend money on, but since it is free, it's an even better deal.

Sent from my ThinkPad Tablet using xda premium

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread