Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,254 Members 35,965 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] [ICS 4.0.4] JJ's HYBRID ROM v3.3b (HotUpdate) ROM Control | 12 Aug |

Tip us?

adamtan
Old
Thanks Meter 35
hi JJ, not sure if im the only one having this problem because I use a custom ringtone which is saved on my SDCard.

but when there is an incoming call, the incoming call screen will lag for about 1 sec before appearing. i tested it by calling from a landline, landline rang but my Arc rang only after 1 sec, and the ringtone starts from 1 sec after.

hellocng
Old
Thanks Meter 80
Apex has good stability and its free. Performance is on par with Trebuchet and Nova but has much more features and customization. Hide apps and lots of customization to make launcher really clean. It has lots of transitions and features that only Nova Prime has.

Apex for the win.

adamtan
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamtan View Post
hi JJ, not sure if im the only one having this problem because I use a custom ringtone which is saved on my SDCard.

but when there is an incoming call, the incoming call screen will lag for about 1 sec before appearing. i tested it by calling from a landline, landline rang but my Arc rang only after 1 sec, and the ringtone starts from 1 sec after.
i tried with default SE ringtone, still the same problem.
Phone rang, but screen came on about 1 or 2 sec later.

jjdoctor
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 4,153

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I think its a normal response of the phone.. even on my Ray, first Leds Blink then I hear a ring and just after a second screen shows up...

It makes sense if you have phone in ur Pocket and it rings first and the time u grab from pocket, it shows up screen... Comeon!! is that really annoying to wait a sec to check the screen?

You guys couldnt find a better bug?.. try harder next time...

Btw guys, I really feel Apex is laggy compared to Trebuchet... I dont know but it sometimes lag on my phone....

I will replace trebuchet and put as addon...

PLEASE DO NOT MESSAGE (PM) ME 4 QUESTIONS OR REQUESTS. POST IN RELEVANT THREAD & I WILLB GLAD 2 REPLY THERE

ascariz
Old
Thanks Meter 129
Quote:
it's happen in all android, even in my previous SGS. but you can change that by select ondemand, and disable any setting in screen off. hard to explain. hope you understand.
~Flashaddicter~

(If this help: hit THANKS or i'll hit you )

kaatisu84
Old
Thanks Meter 62
this is a great rom, and the second time ive used it, i will spend some time with it now as i got annoyed with MIUI and downloading cm9 is pretty much a hassle.

i have noticed a few things. when i flashed v3 i expected to have reboot menu, but i dont? how can i get it?

i also thought that v3 was ready to be supercharged straight away. but i still needed to modify my services.jar to get it v6 to be 100%.
Phone: Xperia Arc
Rom: Xperia Ultimate HD™ 2.0.3

イギリス人です!

isangelous
Old
Thanks Meter 11

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdoctor View Post
Btw guys, I really feel Apex is laggy compared to Trebuchet... I dont know but it sometimes lag on my phone....

I will replace trebuchet and put as addon...
On my Arc Tebuchet felt smoother than Apex, although I have chosen Apex because it allows you to hide apps.

To be honest I don't mind which you include as it is trivial to install my preferred one, but my vote is for Apex.
HTC Touch Pro -> HTC HD2 -> Nokia E52 -> SE Xperia Arc -> Nexus 4

Tarzan-
Old
Thanks Meter 100
+1 for Apex.

Also if you don't mind a build.prop tweak for Arc S users.
Nokia 3230 Nokia 7610 Nokia N95 Sony Ericsson PDA HTC Tytyn II HTC Desire Nokia N9 Xperia Arc S Motorola Droid Razr Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung Galaxy Note II HTC ONE Silver Sony Xperia Z Ultra Note 3 Galaxy S5 LG G3

adamtan
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascariz View Post
it's happen in all android, even in my previous SGS. but you can change that by select ondemand, and disable any setting in screen off. hard to explain. hope you understand.
I dont have this problem earlier on GB ROMS.

can you please share how to change? SetCPU and change to governor to ondemand?

ascariz
Old
(Last edited by ascariz; 31st March 2012 at 07:08 PM.)
Thanks Meter 129
Quote:
I dont have this problem earlier on GB ROMS.

can you please share how to change? SetCPU and change to governor to ondemand?
if u still don't change anything, this rom already used ondemand. the lowest is 245MHz. it's the best already. 1 sec, nothing compared to me, 2-3 sec. lol. GB rom, you mean, stock rom? if that, yes, it's because this rom using deodexed system app. odex is faster then deodexed since it's not compressed, so app can access the file faster. that's the difference. (odex is apk with .odex file, while deodexed is apk without .odex file. correct me if i'm wrong). during my SGS era, i used odex as my primary choice, and it's much smoother than deodexed. that's why developer from SGS change from deodexed to odex.
~Flashaddicter~

(If this help: hit THANKS or i'll hit you )